My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 31 - Sick?

Group Leader
You idiots want me to get the creator involved?

Cause last time I checked NONE of you own the rights to translating it !!!

NONE OF YOU OWN THE PIECE SO YOU CANNOT DICTATE WHO OR WHAT TRANSLATES.

SO SHUT UP ABOUT THE DRAMA.
funnily enough I've weibo'd the creator a few times so i could actually ask LMAO

though i'm pretty sure the big block letters of DO NOT REPOST makes her stance pretty clear, unless that was put there by her editors or something

Contact the email and get the license to translate everything or upon discovery the mangadex posting will get nuked.

Group Leader
Contact the email and get the license to translate everything or upon discovery the mangadex posting will get nuked.
Yeah that's true for like 99% of this website bruh. We're all thieves here, no one is better than the other

Well CNG already high quality translated everything so I don't see why people here even went on a tirade.

I made an account just to add in my two cents!

OLO had a right to be angry that someone uploaded, let’s face it, poor quality chapters. However, their mistake comes from the fact that their response was not perfect (hence all the ragging on them.)

But, the reason why their response and the group has been now on the losing side of the argument for some people is simple.

The quality improved.

And it improved by massive amounts, we have to admit this.

Here, we have a newbie translator (allegedly, but honestly they probably are new. If not, they fooled me XD) that pushed out not so good work and posted on a manga that already had a group.

After taking suggestions from other people and getting good raws, their fast output and nice quality quickly earned them the favor of others.

And, why shouldn’t they be praised? Why shouldn’t people want to read their translations?

On the other side of the spectrum, we have OLO with, yes, lots of high quality good work…but their update pace is slow. And it FEELS even slower with these quick updates (that aren’t MTL levels of garbage), hence the turning of the tables.

Like, honestly, I see no problem in OLO and the newbie(s) co-existing. Like uhhh Mangadex has a system for that already in place where multiple uploads of the same chapter are easily seen and differentiated?

Like sorry not sorry, I’ll be reading these fast updates of an already completed story instead of waiting MONTHS.

Don’t get me wrong, in a couple of years when I re-read this, I’ll definitely read the higher-quality translation over the newbie translators. But, like, the people vouching for OLO have the patience of saints or something (or maybe they feel righteous over the sniping!)

By the way, it feels really disingenuous when you compare OLO’s translations to the very first bad raws chapters. Like, at least show their improvement from the first chapter they posted to their latest chapter LOL.

Anyway, I am pleased with the speed. I enjoy the work. I am eagerly awaiting more!

And to bring things back on track.

Director Shen and Director Jiang are literally so adorable that I want to throw my pillow off the Eiffel Tower levels of cute. Seriously!

The pacing didn’t seem too bad to me, maybe a little funky but I’m chill with it.

Group Leader
Y'all missing the point, but it's fine, we all have our own views and that's that. I just think we should be respectful even, if it's not required.

Is there anywhere else people can move the discussion to instead of every single newly released chapter? /gen

It clogs the discussion for the actual series and I, as many people, came here to actually check what people had to say about the story rather than... Whatever this is. Like I understand why the backlash is happening and people still have a lot to say (even if this is going on a tangent with none of the sides backing down) but from what I gather this is going to continue for every single chapter from here on and that's. Not good. For the actual series. I just wanna see people talk about girls kissing /lh

Like honestly I think that Enel should truly entirely stop responding to all the drama if they're going to continue tling this series anyway. The way they've been responding to the backlash hasn't been helping their case and it's just far more professional and smarter to stay quiet (the way OLO has long now since chosen to be). I'm not taking any side tho, I just don't want this series to continue being ruined by this controversy even if it might be too late by now. Just, let's behave for the few chapters left of this come on...

Anyway, the side couple(?) is starting to get spotlight again and I'm not sure I like their vibe together. Feel like we're going into toxic yuri territory and not the brand I like

Double-page supporter
I wholeheartedly agree, enough is enough. Hopefully blocking tsama makes things easier.
Buddy you're the reason for this drama. You sniped the series, you acted all incredulous when people have patiently explained why sniping is looked down upon. You're the one constantly acting like some victim, when the real victims are OLO. People are pouring so much shit on them when they haven't done a single thing wrong. Honestly, the sniping is a done deal by now, but the vitriol that OLO are getting is just insane.

Buddy you're the reason for this drama. You sniped the series, you acted all incredulous when people have patiently explained why sniping is looked down upon. You're the one constantly acting like some victim, when the real victims are OLO. People are pouring so much shit on them when they haven't done a single thing wrong. Honestly, the sniping is a done deal by now, but the vitriol that OLO are getting is just insane.
Get your stupid arbitrary thieving Snipe crap out of here.

Shut up about stupid rules.

You want rules!

STOP ILLEGALLY STEALING WORK FROM THE CREATOR.

Double-page supporter
Get your stupid arbitrary thieving Snipe crap out of here.

Shut up about stupid rules.

You want rules!

STOP ILLEGALLY STEALING WORK FROM THE CREATOR.
Get a dictionary and learn what arbitrary means. There's nothing arbitrary about theses rules, they have existed for as long as scanlating itself. Just because your ass started reading yesterday doesn't mean you know what your talking about. I've seen countless series get abandoned because some sniper comes in, the OG group gets demoralized and drops the series and then the sniper gets bored... What a great situation that is.

Finally it's only truly stealing if the series is licensed into English and this one isn't and isn't likely to ever be licensed. Many scanlators stop translating when a series becomes licensed.

Fed-Kun's army
Patiently explained? Victims?

lmao. Read the notes posted in the chapters, ER posted proof they were getting harassment from OLO over DMs. You don't get to sit on a long since completed series as a last-priority backburner project and then get mad when someone else actually gets it done.

The in-group rules are ridiculous, and I've been around this scene for a decade - "sniping" rules have always been vague, and more importantly focused on ACTIVE series and things that were getting translated at a significant pace.

I haven't seen excessive vitriol at OLO, just saying "don't be a dick to a new translator". It just so happens that instead of being respectful to someone that didn't harm them, they went aggro over it and ER posted receipts.

Double-page supporter
Patiently explained? Victims?

lmao. Read the notes posted in the chapters, ER posted proof they were getting harassment from OLO over DMs. You don't get to sit on a long since completed series as a last-priority backburner project and then get mad when someone else actually gets it done.

The in-group rules are ridiculous, and I've been around this scene for a decade - "sniping" rules have always been vague, and more importantly focused on ACTIVE series and things that were getting translated at a significant pace.

I haven't seen excessive vitriol at OLO, just saying "don't be a dick to a new translator". It just so happens that instead of being respectful to someone that didn't harm them, they went aggro over it and ER posted receipts.
What is this spin. Yeah they posted a single screenshot of an OLO member wishing them bad luck, wow some harassment, I guess I can consider your own comment harassment too then...

Reading for a decade my ass, a decade ago you probably couldn't read cause you were in diapers. I've been reading for a long ass time and for some reason these rules never were opaque. It's 6 months of inactivity for a series to be considered abandoned, otherwise contact the OG group and if they don't respond post your translation with a note asking to be contacted. That's always been the common courtesy.

Group Leader
What is this spin. Yeah they posted a single screenshot of an OLO member wishing them bad luck, wow some harassment, I guess I can consider your own comment harassment too then...
Come on guys, enough already. No one's gonna convince the other, let's just leave the discussion forum for actual chapter discussions, eh? If you have a problem with me just DM me

Users who are viewing this thread