My Girlfriend Is a Dragon

TL;DR: It's pretty cute. Give it a shot.

I'm glad the thumbnail art was good enough to make me click regardless of the score. I don't get why 20 people think this this manhua is "appalling." Definitely a better read than the score indicates. The characters are cute and so far the story is pretty funny. I don't think it's supposed to be taken very seriously. It does have the comedy tag after all. Also, I wouldn't fret the harem tag to much (at least at the chapter I'm at, 13), but hey, if that's not your thing, well, I'm sure there's something else out there for you to enjoy.

Aggregator gang
This is dumpster fire trash. Its been awhile since I said that word.

This is worse than trash. Only read it if you’re a masochist like me

Edit: as of chapter 21 it’s looking slightly better. You can literally skip every chapter that’s part of the timeskip

Contributor
Who the f*** ever thought it was a good idea to time skip 10 years into the future after the first like 7 chapters?!?!??

Fed-Kun's army
It starts off intentionally stupid. At least, that's what I thought.

Then it becomes quite clearly unintentionally stupid. Painfully so.

No character development, fuck the timeline, who the hell she is?, Average artstyle.
3/10. Not recommended

The art and premise is cute. However, the plot and flow of the story thereafter went down the drain really fast. Had there been more pacing, this could have been a good plot, but this was just a mess.
The first 2-3 chapters were alright. It was promising of a decent story and cute rom-com. After time skip in literally less than 5-7 chapters, it was just no.
Props to the translation team, you're doing a great job! I just cannot read this series anymore for better or worse.

Double-page supporter
This is a cute story. No real deep meaning and kind of fast. Take it for what it is, just a feel good time that is enjoyable. If you want something with a deep plot and intricate storyline, look elsewhere. If you want a leisurely harem romance with the basic plot by numbers, enjoy the ride.

started off as a generic romcom with its cute moments and silly jokes, nothing special, but not too bad either...
and then it devolves into a timeskipping mess that tries to take itself serious in 10 chapters flat.

it's not one of those "so bad, it's good" web comics, this is just shit.
if you want to see incompetence in visual form, this is for you.

tldr version: see post by @Booty_Hunter

my thoughts:
Started out as a minor romance comedy with a lot of what I would call stupid humor (the banana peel joke...). Not great but ok for when you are looking for some simple, light amusement. Then the time skip into the future with a destroyed world and now the resolution in chapter 19. This part was so poorly done, it reminded me of jamming my toe into a door kind of pain. Now it seems like its trying to go back to the comedy but still leave the door open for major drama too.

A six is described as fine in the drop down. I have a hard time seeing this as fine. I would say either a three or a four, bad or very bad. For me one of the major problems is the inconsistency or poor fit of arcs and moods the author has picked. It went from comedy to drama with tragedy and then
undoes the tragedy
and appears to be going back to the comedy. A decent story can have both comedy, drama and tragedy and work, but you need to select the right type of comedy. To me the banana peel, over the top, gag type humor doesn't fit in with the drama, it needed to be a type of humor that fits more into real life. Add to that the writing is not great which would be ok if they just went with a mindless, amusing story like it was at the start. Then toss in a bunch of other minor stuff and three or four.

Group Leader
Sure, this is bad. But is it fun to read? Yes. I don't think things like this should be taken too seriously; it's clear that the intention was never to be serious from the first chapter when the bean soldiers were squashed.

Dex-chan lover
the translation is so bad i cant make it through ch 1, i can see all these jokes that just dont QUITE make sense because bad translation and its ruining it for me :(

I tried, but I can't hang. It's not a 1, but I'm just not enjoying this one. The fan service is nice and all, but that's all there is now. It's just not a fun read.

To those of you that press on, I salute your fortitude.

Users who are viewing this thread