My Girlfriend Is a Dragon

Double-page supporter
Jus go ducking watch some lo eat play through s for more wholesome and better version of this

Dex-chan lover
Ive been noticing some kind of trend with Chinese web comics....

they're usually well drawn but the story is garbage and the characters are all dull & one dimensional.

yet...they're so popular 🤔

The story went completely sideways with the strange time travel arc I don’t know whether to keep this up considering how it seemed time and plot progression and characters were wholly inconsistent

Honestly, I kind of liked the time travel arc. It was a bit out of place but the deeper into it we got the more right it felt. The arc after it feels like a good progression that naturally sprung into full bloom from the seeds planted in the time travel arc. So I'll stick with this for awhile longer and see if it has the potential to become something special. Also, the FL became way more interesting to me post time travel arc than she was before it.

Im confused. All in all i like the generell setting and the characters, but after Chapter 7 i just dont know whats happening anymore.

The timetravel stuff isnt that bad, but its really, and i mean REALLY confusing. The translation is also not the best which doesnt make it easier to read and understand... but its usable as a non native speaker. Im at Chapter 19 now and i still dont know whats up with the plot since he went into the future.

The story kind of needs a "cleanup" i wanna say if you know what i mean.

I will continue reading it.

Group Leader
@MaLoProject I was the TL from chapter 3 to a certain point, though I can't remember which point that was. I'm a native English speaker, though I do tend to rush my translations since I'm supposed to have competent PRs here and there. Of course, there still will be mistakes here and there, but it happens.

First off, I'd like to know which parts you deem 'confusing'. I did my best to word the chinese nuances, though of course, some of them won't carry over into English well. If you'd point out which parts are confusing, I'd be happy to explain the significance behind certain parts of Chinese history and culture, since I do understand that it can be confusing at times. That being said, this series literally went through 3 translators before landing in my lap, so there's that.

Also, some parts are confusing because the story itself is a shitfest. Believe me; you have no idea how many times I've tried to make sense of the story, only to be flabbergasted time and again by how stupid and inconsistent the story is. That being said, if you're reading it this far, I assume you're not here for a 'serious' plot. There are many out there that have much more well-developed ones. So, if you're choosing to go on, let me tell you this - it doesn't get better from there. I feel like the author is half trolling, and not taking this entire thing very seriously if I'm to be honest. So, with all due respect, you shouldn't either XD

I feel like this story has potential, but the oacing is just awful. That and if the beginning wasn't so abrupt/rushed, I feel like this could be a pretty good comic. Then again, I've only read the first few chapters so far.

This is the kinda manga where it's such a cluster fuck I don't read because it's good or well written. I just want to know where the fuck the story is gonna go next on this wild ride.

"I want to give birth to monkeys for you!"Probably and hopefully lost in translation.
But 5 chapters in, all in all this manga isn't cutting it for me. It's too oddly paced, the art ain't my taste, and shit is always "happening" one after the other w/o any calm period of intimacy.
Things keep happening to keep it interesting I guess? Either way I'm dropping it

"i want to give birth to monkey for you" is a jokes from chinese, well i dont really know why, but some show in china, one day make a mistake in the subtitle, the real sentence is " I want to give a child for you " and the subtitle instead of write "child" they write "monkey". thats why its become a joke.
for someone who wanna know the subtitle is " 我要给你生猴子 " ( I wanna give birth to a monkey for you) and the correct sentence is "我要给你生孩子“ (i wanna give birth to a child for you)

can someone teach me how to mention someone ? Pretty please...

If anyone is curious, Wecomics has officially picked this up and NTS scans has officially dropped this.

It was promising at first, but it quickly devolved into ecchi with a confusing plotline. Cute characters, but nothing to write home about. It's got some pacing issues as well.

It also incorporates a completely different plotline out of nowhere
(the time travel arc)
that had nothing to do with the story, and it quickly abandons said plotline. Said plotline had a completely different feel than the rest of the story. It felt very out of place, like it was just randomly tacked on at the end.

I think it suffers from a very common problem you see in a lot of cultivation-esque (I think this would count as a Wuxia? but I am not sure) manga and manhua: It looks nice and has a good premise, but it just isn't written well enough to show off the elements that would allow the story to really shine. It has potential, but it wasn't able to showcase that.

tldr; it was a promising story, but major issues with the plot make it difficult to enjoy any elements it did well with.

If you want to read, go on WeComics and use my code 21ZK5M to get more chaps

Users who are viewing this thread