My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Theatrical Collapse

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I'm not sure why Nanase can't say that her girlfriend is the important thing, maybe she just can't commit to having a serious relationship?

Edit: Thinking it further, Nanase is afraid of comitting to the relationship and being seen with a (gay) partner in public, she copes with this fear by hyperfocusing on her club, and distracting herself (probably?). That's what I think. She probably did love Yuni (i don't think she'll continue after this) but was afraid of showing it which is what lead to Yuni cheating for feeling neglected.

Yuni craves attention and wants to feel loved, she wants Nanase to show her affection but what Nanase does is very little for her, and because Yuni is narcisisstic she often blames Nanase (which is partially true) but doesn't communicate her needs directly and instead went to vent on the internet, and when our homewrecker girl showed up, Yuni then moved to be comforted by her. She is aware that cheating is wrong and hates herself but also enjoys it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why Nanase can't say that her girlfriend is the important thing, maybe she just can't commit to having a serious relationship?
Maybe because she's being fondled by the girl she's been cheating with?

That would drop her pretty far down the list for me.

What she needs to do is just dump her ass and get out of there. Let her club be most important.

The line of "its all your fault" shows how delusional she is. Really hope the author doesn't just cuck the MC.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Stupid bitch nanase doesn’t care about her girlfriend after she and the person she has been cheating on her with just explained how it’s been going on for 3 months, clearly fuuko and yuni are innocent in this situation

Dex-chan lover
It’s easy to see that Nanass hasn’t put any effort at all into her girlfriend, and has prioritised her club every single time without consideration. That’s obviously bad and she’s a shitty girlfriend. Doesn’t make the cheating ok, Yuni should have brought the issues up instead. This whole relationship is toxic from both sides.

Dex-chan lover
I lied and cried a lot for your sake, nanase.

Oh boy... Nanase is not the perfect girlfriend infact she is clueless and dumb but please Nanase just leave yuni at this point, she is not right in the head. Also seriously? How come you can still say Yuni is equally important as your club when she is having her breasts fondled by someone else.

Curb stomp cheaters.

Also thanks for the fast af translation in just a day after release.

Dex-chan lover
It’s easy to see that Nanass hasn’t put any effort at all into her girlfriend, and has prioritised her club every single time without consideration. That’s obviously bad and she’s a shitty girlfriend. Doesn’t make the cheating ok, Yuni should have brought the issues up instead. This whole relationship is toxic from both sides.
IMO it's exactly it, cheating is shitty thing to do, but neglecting other side of relationship isn't good either.
Man, the author is desperately trying their best to make Nanase unlikeable here with the club thing but its being completely overshadowed by how godawful the other two are
Well, i think that both sides should be unlikeable here

Dex-chan lover
You know, I can kinda understand where this whole situation is coming from, since it didn't seem like Nanase was really interested in their relationship, but like...

Yuni blaming Nanase in her cheating with Fuuko, while kissing Fuuko and being groped by her right before Nanase's eyes, is a bit too much.

Dex-chan lover
Loving how Fuuko & Yuni is calling Nanase out on being completely insensitive.

Dex-chan lover
Looking from Nanase's POV Yuni was a great girlfriend, she was making effort to have a loving relationship but Nanase just ignores her. ofc cheating is fucked up but Nanase deserved it imo.

Edit: Well damn since this comment section is one big dumpster fire and I myself have been quoted i'll say this for the record; I said Nanase deserved it because of the "high" from reading the chapter (pussy excuse but what can I say).
Of course nobody deserves to be cheated on unless they're actually just fucked up in all the wrong ways but a point I see people make here is that Nanase is not at fault here because it's hard to balance work/school and love life and I get that since I'm aware one person can only handle so much. But the point I tried to make but lacked in doing so was that Nanase was too focused on club in my humble opinion. Like 70% of her daily activities was club and Yuni got maybe a text a day at best, that's no relationship, that's practically being an acquaintance at that point.
It's probably obvious but yes I have never been in a romantic relationship in my life but when I think about what a relationship like that should be like I expect like the bare minimum of going on like 1 date a week and spending time together on special occasions (anniversary, Valentine's , Christmas and whatnot). And correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember there were no such things in previous chapters...
Yes yes every relationship is different but c'mon there has to be at least a minimum standard, right?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yuni needs some correction
images-13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread