My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Theatrical Collapse

Dex-chan lover
Lmao deserves to be cheated on? That’s just fucked bro, if the person ur in a romantic relationship in isn’t investing proper time in that relationship and there’s another person going for you. break the fuck up with the person who isn’t fully invested in the relationship. There isn’t a need at all to stay in the relationship and cheat on them.

It’s especially bad since Nanase is just a dumbass who doesn’t understand the importance of their relationship and still loves Yuni. Not excusing Nanase behavior but there isn’t a need to cheat just breakup but because Yuni is being indecisive she’s just bringing worse pain onto Nanase.

Dex-chan lover
I think everyone gets it, cheating is bad, buuuuuut...

I don't think there is any way to counter that Nanase brought it upon herself. She was repeatedly neglectful and didn't notice even a hint of what Yuni was going through internally. I get that she is not a mind reader, but if she spent more time with her girlfriend, she would pick up on something, since there was plenty to pick up on. But she was oblivious to that, oblivious about how hurt Yuni got by her insensitive behavior over and over again.

At that point, Fuuko didn't really have to work too hard to get inside those cracks. The girl was so starved for affection and attention and so vulnerable at times, that anyone who wanted to would walk right in.

Sure, it's all dysfunctional, lack of communication, manipulation, etc. etc. It wasn't Nanase's fault of course, but if you leave your front door wide open, you can't be really surprised that someone robbed your place.

Dex-chan lover
Fuuko speaking straight facts here about how trash of a GF Nanase has been. Nanase is and Will never be qualified to be someones GF with her weak ass mentality. This chapter is saying literally what I have been saying whole time, that Nanase is the whole reason all of this ever happened because of how trash she is

Dex-chan lover
I think everyone gets it, cheating is bad, buuuuuut...

I don't think there is any way to counter that Nanase brought it upon herself. She was repeatedly neglectful and didn't notice even a hint of what Yuni was going through internally. I get that she is not a mind reader, but if she spent more time with her girlfriend, she would pick up on something, since there was plenty to pick up on. But she was oblivious to that, oblivious about how hurt Yuni got by her insensitive behavior over and over again.

At that point, Fuuko didn't really have to work too hard to get inside those cracks. The girl was so starved for affection and attention and so vulnerable at times, that anyone who wanted to would walk right in.

Sure, it's all dysfunctional, lack of communication, manipulation, etc. etc. It wasn't Nanase's fault of course, but if you leave your front door wide open, you can't be really surprised that someone robbed your place.
nanase did not "bring it upon herself" yuni decided to cheat on her with fuuko. trying to argue that someone somehow did something that justifies cheating is quite literally just delusional

There's a passing mention of it, but Nanase had a bad experience in the past being in a relationship, she could still be scared of fully commiting into a relationship because of that. She came out and talked about it.

Did Yuni even try to be understanding? No, it's all about herself, why aren't you calling me cute when I send you a picture? Why are you asking me to come to Osaka, assuming I don't have money problems when I haven't told you jack? Why are you so neglectful, you've forgotten our six month anniversary because you've finally been selected as a startup on the thing you care a lot about despite messaging me first on every previous monthly anniversary? Should I talk about all this like you've shared your issues concerning relationship? Nope, let me go out with this girl to do a piercing on our anniversary I care so much about instead of trying to remind you or at least being available. Let me go fuck her for the cash I need to go to Osaka insetad of telling you I don't have the means. (it's reasonable for Nanase to assume maybe Yuni's parents could help out or just assume she has money saved)

I get that the whole point of the manga is NTR, so of course that's what it all leads to, but holy fuck Yuni is the biggest fucking bitch I've seen in a manga. Have you seen how she interacted with Nanase's best friend? Let's not forget about her internal freakout of "HOW DARE YOU HAVE FRIENDS?".

FUCK NTR manga. Why am I still reading this shite. Let's hope for the redemption arc.

Small edit, just to make sure that YES nanase has done some wrong (inviting her friend to that date is the biggest example BUT that comes right before she explains her past experience) but Yuni is the biggest bitch around.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
nanase did not "bring it upon herself" yuni decided to cheat on her with fuuko. trying to argue that someone somehow did something that justifies cheating is quite literally just delusional
She is literally the whole reason all of this even happened in the first place, so yes she did bring it upon herself. And who is trying to justify cheating? People are simply speaking straight facts when they say this is all Nanase fault and even Fuuko is simply speaking facts in this chapter🤷🏼‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
You are also not the main perpetrator, if someone robs your open-wide apartment, you just can't act all surprised when that happens, because you have some culpability.

All 3 heroines are pretty bad in their own rights.
Nanase: neglectful, fears showing affection, fear of commitment, questionable priorities
Yuni: lack of communication (she vents on Twitter, but never directly to Nanase), weak-willed, lack of agency
Fuuko: manipulative, emotionally abusive, seems to revel in chaos, unclear motivation

Between those 3, the relationship between Nanase and Yuni, with their negative characteristics is just a trainwreck waiting to happen. One doesn't show affection, the other can't admit to wanting affection. Throw in Fuuko in the middle and it's like pouring gasoline on embers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The whole scenario is bullshit. I'd slap my girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, if I were Nanase. Then I'd leave. I know I've been busy with stuff, but that's no excuse to cheat on me, let alone have a display of their affair right in front of me.

If I were Yuni, I'd talk to Nanase about what I'm feeling and not post about it online in a pseudo account, nor cheat with another woman. I mean, if I really like Nanase, then why would I cheat? That's just stupid.

I like the other woman though, at least she's brave in herr own way. She owns what she does, and she's not even sorry about it. Gotta respect that at least.

Everyone's messed in the head. How can Nanase stay there while Yuni and Fuuko doing those things in front of her? Or was she that interested in their secret stories🫠 I have nothing to say against Fuuko. She has the most messed up head here. Yuni is stupid. Nanase should not get a partner after this.

Dex-chan lover
Yuni is literally delusional and needs to be sent to a damn psychiatric ward.

Dex-chan lover
She got robbed and of course, that's terrible, but it's also true that she repeatedly left her front door open. She can be criticized for that or have that pointed out; the other two obviously have their own faults here. Having said that, they should just break up but their emotions are too tangled to make a clean break.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread