My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Theatrical Collapse

Lmao I’m praying that everyone blaming Nanase never gets real busy at work or something. It’s like everyone forgot how tiring it can be to juggle school (mentally exhausting), a sports club (physically exhausting), as well as a relationship that to top it off would drastically change her life if people found out. It’s not like Nanase doesn’t try either Yuni is just so attention consuming that when her gf gets injured her first thought is “oh we can go on a date”
sir, ma’ma, whatever, have you ever been in a relationship?? of course yuni wants nanase’s full attention shes her girlfriend, nanase and yuni never actually got to go on dates bc of how nanase was always busy with club and how nanase never even gave any effort to even talking to yuni but now that nananse cant go to club and isn’t as busy as she was before she sees this as in opportunity to actually connect and talk with her girlfriend

Can someone please explain to me how Yuni is attention seeking/needy? Thats popped up a lot in her criticisms and I'm struggling to see why.

Is it her alt social account? She's using that as a diary and a place to vent.

Is it because she's mad at Nanase for not spending time with her and always obssessing over her club? Go through the chapters again. Every time Nanase has a choice between her club and Yuni, she chooses her club.

Is it because she wants Nanase to hold her hand, hug her, finish her left over drinks, and smile and laugh with her in public? Nanase does all of this with her club friend without blinking an eye, yet won't do it with her own girlfriend.

I'm honestly really struggling to see how Yuni wanting her girlfriend to act like a girlfriend is needy
frrr the people that say that yuni is a attention seeker really haven’t been in a relationship and we can see it, but at the same time as someone who also haven’t been in a relationship i cant tell if its that or people are just dumb and cant read

she DID NOT easly let it happen bro! get some grass touching for that is the most pathetic excuse for cheaters !!
maybe go outside instead of fighting people, and at least explain why you think like that, we can all tell you never went to school broke ass

Fed-Kun's army
Some comments saying it's nanase's fault, some saying it's all on yuni, blah blah but like it's easy not to cheat, you know? AND it's also easy to make sure you tell your gf you love and appreciate them and spend some time with them... eod they're both at fault for taking each other for granted, and fuuko, fucked up as she is, took advantage of that and gets off to it. The thing is yuni is dumping all the blame on nanase wc is like......... Whew

They should just break up but it feels like there's too many feelings there just like SrNevik said and it'll be a lot of work for a clean break....

Yuni needs some correction
images-13.jpg
never thought i'd see the day where the ugly bastard would be something i wanted

Dex-chan lover
So, a bit late to the party, I just discovered this manga today so had to catch up.

First of all, Nanase is (almost) blameless in this situation. Her only fault is being insecure and inexperienced. She realises her faults over the course of manga, and tries (but not always succeeds) to improve herself. Yuni on the other hand is insecure and clingy. She wants Nanase to basically read her mind and doesn't make a serious effort to really connect, she also only wants praise and demands that her lover gives her all her attention. Nanase's "fault", at this point, is not being totally absorbed by her girlfriend.

Nanase slowly opens up, tries to speak with people she trusts about her relationship. Yuni doesn't want to go public, despite being annoyed at Nanase for exactly the same thing. She demands that Nanase sacrifices everything for her, but is unwilling to sacrifice anything in return. She wants to have the cake and eat it too.

As for Fuuko, well. She's shown constantly reading a book about tragic romance inspired by a cordyceps fungus. A parasitical fungus. Something that devours from the inside to grow. She's devouring the other two's relationship, and gets off on it too. Thing is, there's nothing to prove that Yuni's special to her. She just found the alt account and stalked the owner. If she gets off on the parasitical part of the relationship, there's nothing to stop her from jumping ship once Yuni and Nanase break up. After all, manipulators are really good at making you feel that you need them, and it's pretty obvious that's what's happening here.

But anyway, I'm reading too much into it and it's still somewhat hot. New chapter should be released soon, too.

Dex-chan lover
Just caught up but this might be the first and last NTR manga I'm ever going to read. This is too messy for me. She's doing all that right in front of her girlfriend's face while blaming her for it. I've never been violent and I'm only 145cm but I would try to fight both of them.

Group Leader
Nanase: Well well well. If it ain't the consequence of my actions.
037.gif

Yeah, nah. I don't share the logic of these people. I'm seeing three people who should probably never be in a romantic relationship. They might just be dumb teenagers, and plot dictates so, but they are better off just staying single to avoid causing pain to anyone else in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation (I liked what you did with some of the font throughout the chapter. It was very neat).

Dex-chan lover
Bruh how are you not beating their heads in with the crutch? I'll never understand

Cheating is wrong. I'll say this upfront. Still fuuko is also right in saying that even at such a time nanase can't say her gf is more important. Like nanase says she loves club, yuni and Yuki then what's the difference between Yuki and yuni? That she can have sex with one of them? Doesn't that mean that yuni is just a friends with benefits rather than a lover? Still cheating is wrong and Yuni should have just broken up with nanase first before moving on to someone else. Both are wrong. Wrong for each other.

Another way to look at things is that basically both of them want different things in life and relationships. Yuni wants someone who makes her the top priority in life. Her life revolves around her lover. While nanase although considering her lover important also wants more things in life like club and friends. Both are right. Just not right for each other.

Last edited:
Fuuko is such a well written character. I was thinking through this chapter that Fuuko probably could've guilt tripped nanase into breaking up with asahina if she really wanted to (based on what weve seen her do so far), yet she even goes so far as to say that she doesn't want the two to break up. Rather than trying to cement her relationship with asahina, I think she's being intentionally destructive as her way of punishing nanase. its made quite clear that fuuko inherently despises that she is never first in anyone's view and in the same way, nanase is putting asahina second behind volleyball. so while she probably wants to be first in asahinas eyes, her priority seems to be punishing nanase in a pretty twisted way. but, imo its hard to hate her since she does seem to have a genuine method to her madness. of course yadda yadda toxic logic blah blah cheating bad. but from a perspective removed from the morals at work, fuuko is a really well-made character

Dex-chan lover
We've achieved yet another level above gaslighting, the entire oil reserve is ablaze :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Yuni is such a bitch I can't
Nanase is at fault in more ways than one but I don't think she deserves this
As for Fuuko...Threesome, yes?

Double-page supporter
This is my second favorite chapter from this manga because fuuko and yuni ATE. Now I don’t condone cheating wrong is wrong but since this isn’t really Oooo!!

When nanase said yall went to a hotel and Fuuko said “where my mole at?” Who knows where the mole is and look straight at the mole then who looked at the person looking at the mole uhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😫. Did yall even catch how cold that was shit had me shivering 🥶. She didn’t even have to confirm that they fucked because Lord have mercy 🧎🏿‍♀️

Then when Yuni finally said how she felt while touching and being touched on by fuuko 😮‍💨 At the end when she asked what more important me or club nanase talking WEll bOtH is ImpOrtant To mE. Yuni ate with half clothes taken off, being touched on and saying be fucking for real right now. I’m sorry but THEY GAGGED ME.

Users who are viewing this thread