My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Theatrical Collapse

Dex-chan lover
Can someone please explain to me how Yuni is attention seeking/needy? Thats popped up a lot in her criticisms and I'm struggling to see why.

Is it her alt social account? She's using that as a diary and a place to vent.

Is it because she's mad at Nanase for not spending time with her and always obssessing over her club? Go through the chapters again. Every time Nanase has a choice between her club and Yuni, she chooses her club.

Is it because she wants Nanase to hold her hand, hug her, finish her left over drinks, and smile and laugh with her in public? Nanase does all of this with her club friend without blinking an eye, yet won't do it with her own girlfriend.

I'm honestly really struggling to see how Yuni wanting her girlfriend to act like a girlfriend is needy

damn, with some people´s attitude towards yuni´s pathetic behaivour I´m worrying about their future relationships.

She constantly needs tit fondeling mommy fuuko to make up excuses for her terrible behaviour, and then she just whines how hard she has it.

Dex-chan lover
IMO it's exactly it, cheating is shitty thing to do, but neglecting other side of relationship isn't good either.

Well, i think that both sides should be unlikeable here
you really need to get your priorities right bro! thinks neglect in relationship is as equal as cheating while the cheater get’s her breast folded in front of her!!! BRO hate people that eveb think neglect is an reason to cheat or that Nanase having different priorities were she values both her gf and club but people STILL put blame on Nanase??? damn

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure that "Bringing it upon herself" does not mean it's justified here, but just that she easily let it happen
she DID NOT easly let it happen bro! get some grass touching for that is the most pathetic excuse for cheaters !!

Dex-chan lover
One of those stories where nobody is really in the right but the cheater comes off looking the worst of the bunch. Certainly has me interested in what happens next.

Nanase was a shitty romantic partner who prioritized her club over her girlfriend to the point of neglect and so it can come off as if she was only really half-assing the relationship and it felt one-sided.

Fuuko is an emotionally manipulative opportunist who went after Yuni despite knowing Yuni is in a relationship with someone. Wasn't she also stalking and blackmailing Yuni at one point as well? She's being more honest here than Yuni but that's a low bar when Yuni's been as dishonest as can be.

Then there's Yuni, who had been dealing with her own feelings of loneliness which left her vulnerable to Fuuko's advances. Understandable, but not justifiable on account of Yuni being in full control of her actions and decisions. Nanase being a terrible partner should have resulted in Yuni either talking things out with her, or just breaking up with her. She did neither. She acknowledged in her thoughts that cheating on Nanase was wrong, but ultimately continued and justified it by placing the blame on Nanase. Nobody else to blame for Yuni willingly choosing to cheat. She did so because she wanted to. What's more? She continued to lie to Nanase's face even after Fuuko exposed it.

Ultimately, I do think Nanase should just sever ties with Yuni. Saying you value her as much as your club (despite not really showing it) is jokes. But what's more jokes is Nanase saying that while watching Fuuko fondle Yuni right in front of her. Yuni has also even told Fuuko before that she doesn't want Fuuko to disappear out of her life. If Fuuko is so attached to this other girl, Nanase should just break off from her. Would be better for her. She's not really fit to have a relationship atm, and Yuni has proven herself to be unfaithful and dishonest. Given the kind of story this is however, I expect a more erotic, love-triangle result lol.
you had me at the part were you REALLY think your partnever has to be nr1 like did you ever had an real life relationship to know that you can have 2 inportant things in your life?? like are the comment section full of narcisits that need to be nr1 and everything else in your partner life be 2 because you SOME HOW can’t possibly have 2 inportant things in your life? LIKE WTF??? you all read to much damn fictional romance to understand that YES YOU CAN HAVE 2 INPORTANT THING IN YOUR LIFE !! no need to put your lover OVER EVERYTHING ELSE

Dex-chan lover
All things considered, Yuni is just a hoe. Throughout the story, it became apparent to me she doesn't care who her partner is as long as she gets banged in the process. She is apathetic and has used a lot of excuses to justify herself.

Fuuko is having a great time, I guess we will either get a sob story further down the line, maybe she loves Nanase and causing her pain is something she's into, maybe she's into ntr, maybe she's just twisted.

Meanwhile Nanase is oblivious and new to relationship. But that's no way to correct her lack of knowledge.

Overall Idc where this is going as the manga got needlessly silly in this chapter. So I hope to not forget to bring popcorn when next chapter is out.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao I’m praying that everyone blaming Nanase never gets real busy at work or something. It’s like everyone forgot how tiring it can be to juggle school (mentally exhausting), a sports club (physically exhausting), as well as a relationship that to top it off would drastically change her life if people found out. It’s not like Nanase doesn’t try either Yuni is just so attention consuming that when her gf gets injured her first thought is “oh we can go on a date”
this comment section shows me how people have no idea how it is to be in an relationship we even have prople that think having 2 inportant things in your life one being beside your lover is apperently a red flag

people here have this werid delusion that if neglects happens it’s gorund for “cheating” even comparing yuni as to an bloody “house with open door” to absolve the cheating B of any decision to cheat insted of breaking up with Nanase and going with Fukko! like way wasn’t that the solution? way the efing hell does Yuni needs to have BOTH??

Double-page supporter
LMAO y'all gotta be capping right now. A lot of y'all have never found a person that allows you to enjoy your hobbies/whatever affinities you have in life and it shows. It's alarming to think that some of you equate a scenario where your partner wants to flourish in their hobby and spend time on something other than you as excuse to cheat.

"Why couldn't Nanase just give her attention" "Why couldn't Nanase just devote her time to Yuni?" ugh goddamn bruh, a human person also has other aspects, such as their creative and physical ability to devote to?

Dex-chan lover
Many have said it before, at this point Nanase should just take the L and leave lol. I would rather see her with her BF. And yeah, I also still am following this series only because I want to see the end of Yuni and Fuuko. Just my opinion, but I feel like Fuuko only enjoys it now because she is stealing another's girlfriend. If Yuni fully commits to her, maybe she will leave after some time to find her next prey. That would be the best ending for me because I can't see any redemption left from Yuni lol.

Dex-chan lover
you really need to get your priorities right bro! thinks neglect in relationship is as equal as cheating while the cheater get’s her breast folded in front of her!!! BRO hate people that eveb think neglect is an reason to cheat or that Nanase having different priorities were she values both her gf and club but people STILL put blame on Nanase??? damn
she DID NOT easly let it happen bro! get some grass touching for that is the most pathetic excuse for cheaters !!
All I'm saying that if Nanase wasn't neglecting Yuni in the first place nothing would happen. Of course Yuni is the bad one here since it was only her fault for cheating, but don't say that Nanase was good gf here

Dex-chan lover
Lmao I’m praying that everyone blaming Nanase never gets real busy at work or something. It’s like everyone forgot how tiring it can be to juggle school (mentally exhausting), a sports club (physically exhausting), as well as a relationship that to top it off would drastically change her life if people found out. It’s not like Nanase doesn’t try either Yuni is just so attention consuming that when her gf gets injured her first thought is “oh we can go on a date”
While it is a skill issue on Nanase part, the amount of Yuni gaslighting herself that this whole situation isn't her fault should have been the glaring point of who's at fault.

Then again expecting people to actually read the manga at manga reading site is a bar too high so it is what is.

Dex-chan lover
this comment section shows me how people have no idea how it is to be in an relationship we even have prople that think having 2 inportant things in your life one being beside your lover is apperently a red flag

people here have this werid delusion that if neglects happens it’s gorund for “cheating” even comparing yuni as to an bloody “house with open door” to absolve the cheating B of any decision to cheat insted of breaking up with Nanase and going with Fukko! like way wasn’t that the solution? way the efing hell does Yuni needs to have BOTH??

You know each of the three main character of this manga have their own unique backstory and problems as a result.

Nanase used to have a girlfriend back in middle school but the relationship ended badly when her relationship with the girl was discovered and a series of bad rumours forced her love to brake off theit relationship, so now she is deeply scared about showing open affection for Yuni.

Fuuko was previously infatuated with an older girl she was neighbours with who acted as big sister to her but this relationship ended when the older girl went off to university and forgot about

Yuni backstory remains a mystery right now although prior to the manga she has been in a relationship with Nanase for a significant amount of time and is feeding a bit let down that Nanase isn’t showing her much affection. Also this is certainly her first relationship and she might also be Bi as this would account for the desire to remain faithful even when she is In no way actually being so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread