My Hero Academia - Ch. 430 - My Hero Academia

Dex-chan lover
:thonk:
yJdLRr2.png

Dex-chan lover
Just a bit unsatisfactory as far as becoming the greatest hero

In all fairness, Deku doesn't have to remain the strongest to be regarded as the greatest.

In an ending like this with a quirkless Deku, but him still being a hero thanks to tech, I don't really mind or care if he doesn't end up as the number one hero. He already defeated Shigaraki and brought peace to the country, which still qualifies him as the greatest.

That said I'm still not too big on him going the tech route. I feel like going that route trivializes things to the point where if someone could become the strongest with a suit of armor, then anyone can become the strongest. It makes me think of Syndrome's quote back in the Incredibles, with the whole "When everyone's super, no one will be"

Dex-chan lover
Talk about a mediocre ending. Deku getting trashed on even until the end. At least I got what I wanted, a panel of Mirko choosing to just go full mech rabbit including a rocket first from the looks of things.

That and it looks like Mina's "Alien Queen" form evolved too since even her horns grew out.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
good series, mediocre ending.
deku essentially gave up his powers so Shigaraki could live long enough to learn his life was ruined by all for one the whole time before he dies anyway, ochako apparently never confesses or she does and gets rejected since there is no closure to her feelings, and correct me if im wrong but did Shoji dedicate his peace prize to the rioters that helped the villians?

regardless, it was a fun read even if it left me wanting

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In all fairness, Deku doesn't have to remain the strongest to be regarded as the greatest.

In an ending like this with a quirkless Deku, but him still being a hero thanks to tech, I don't really mind or care if he doesn't end up as the number one hero. He already defeated Shigaraki and brought peace to the country, which still qualifies him as the greatest.

That said I'm still not too big on him going the tech route. I feel like going that route trivializes things to the point where if someone could become the strongest with a suit of armor, then anyone can become the strongest. It makes me think of Syndrome's quote back in the Incredibles, with the whole "When everyone's super, no one will be"
Then again, when there's no evil to fight, does the world need heroes?

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it's an all right ending, I guess. Not really much to say about it. Not exactly groundbreaking, but there really isn't anything negative either. And it doesn't retroactively ruin the entire manga like AoT did.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

IMO the tech route would have worked better if he had an incredibly weak version of blackwhip left, that only extended a few centimeters at most and had virtually no strength. You could tie it in that controlling the armor is extremely difficult without relying on macros and pre-programmed functions, and he can excel at it because he can use blackwhip to directly manipulate the controls while having his actual limbs free. Makes his training matter a little more, and is a control problem barrier so not everyone can just have a super suit even if they have the money.

I am personally annoyed that he lost his quirks. I hate the power loss trope.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Then again, when there's no evil to fight, does the world need heroes?
Well this chapter does establish that villains are still out there, though not as many as before. Also apparently those that do remain are stronger to make up for their fewer numbers.

Honestly I'm fully expecting this series to get the Boruto treatment, where Horikoshi passes it along to a different author to continue. Deku's story will still be done, but it could follow different people, similar to the Vigilantes spin off series.

This series wrapped up in a way where things are still open enough to the point where they can go any direction with the story, and considering how much time and resources Bones has invested in the MHA anime, I see them wanting to milk it for all that it's worth, similar to Pierrot and the Naruto franchise.

8 years feels like too litle of a time skip to do anything with the skip. What ruined the ending for me was literally all might breaking the end and making the 4 last pages where he gets the suit and they all jump. That was so unnesesary. It would have been an ok ending with him going to work in UA as it seemed to go on the 5th to last page. Also, not that I cared too much into the romance subplot, but wtf was the previous chapter for if not to set up something between Deku and Uraraka? Checkovs gun, USE IT. Don't just put random shit that part of the fandom wants to see and then do nothing.

Overall I liked the series, but this last chapter was such a wet fart, especially the last 4 pages.

Users who are viewing this thread