My Hero Academia - Ch. 430 - My Hero Academia

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I'm just glad it had an ending and did end, and didn't feel incredibly rushed in the process. I don't like reading a series that drags itself on indefinitely until it gets axed, so my bar for a good manga ending is incredibly low.

Dex-chan lover
the ending was the last thing that could have saved this final arc, but deku ultimately feels unfinished as a character.
It doesn't even seem like 8 years have passed, it looks like a day has passed lmao. Everyone still looks the same, and Deku still doesn't have a backbone.

I was expected to see Deku chadded up and like being a spokesperson showing that you don't need to have a quirk or anything to still be a hero. Instead no one even recognizes him despite his sacrifices "story of me becoming the greatest hero" my ass.

Also they didn't do anything cool with the memoir aspect either. Couldn't they have ended it better like Kenichi did, with like a gigantic Deku showing how far everyone has come, and having actually progressed with Uraraka. Instead this is like Reborn's ending where Deku still sucks we didn't even get to see him fucking teach and be respected.

Wet fart ending is legit the only way I can describe this what a mess. Vigilantes still remains the better MHA series lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, ending was about the same, but the war for this was better than Bleach considering Bleach decided to introduce like 30 new characters in their battle. At lease this didn't do that.
At least there are a couple good fights in the blood war. The last fights in this were a fucking mess.

Dex-chan lover
honestly i feel like this last ch should have been much longer....

but sadly it is what it is
Agreed. With it being the final chapter in a series like this, that's been going on for ten years now, and with such a huge following, the final chapter should have been longer, and potentially double length. Though that's probably too much to ask, since Horikoshi would probably keel over, or have to go on a two week hiatus.

I know we technically got around five chapters worth of epilogue, but it felt like those five chapters were wasted. The chapters with the endeavor family and the previous one with Uraraka were fine, but did we really need to devote an entire chapter to Deku talking to Spinner?

I feel like these chapters should have been spent with Deku trying to figure out what path he was going to take as a hero, since honestly these chapters almost made it seem like he was expecting to hold on to OfA's embers for the rest of his life. Instead Deku was given the shaft these last few chapters, with hardly any development after his fight against Shigaraki and AfO.

Dex-chan lover
What a fucking waste lol. He manages to live his dream twice. And both are thanks to hand outs. What was the massage of the manga again? All they had to do was showing him being highly content with his life living as a teacher with his wife by his side supporting the cause. He learned nothing. He gave up and mopped around until someone else, once again, gifted him the means ro become a hero. He tearfully overjoyed after slaving away as a wagie by himself for 8 years while everyone else living their best life. He didn't even make the suit himself like ironman.

My Hero Academia "How i peaked in Highschool"​

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
the-rock-its-the-biggest-piece-of-dogshit-that-i-ever-heard.png

VIP
following this series since it's first chapter. saying goodbye to it make me sad. in the end, everything after first AFO vs OFA fight wasn't as interesting as i hope for. my biggest pet peeve is the way horikoshi write antagonist. they are soo terrible and try hard to made them "gray" was hypocritical at best. still, i would lying to say i didn't enjoy my time reading this manga. the ending actually went better than i expected. 7/10. looking forward for author next works!

jak

Contributor
following this series since it's first chapter. saying goodbye to it make me sad. in the end, everything after first AFO vs OFA fight wasn't as interesting as i hope for. my biggest pet peeve is the way horikoshi write antagonist. they are soo terrible and try hard to made them "gray" was hypocritical at best. still, i would lying to say i didn't enjoy my time reading this manga. the ending actually went better than i expected. 7/10. looking forward for author next works!
Yeah, Deku sacrificing his powers to try and save the irredeemable Shigaraki was incrediblely bad. Oh, but he had a terrible childhood. Doesn't matter. He did a lot of horrific shit.

VIP
Yeah, Deku sacrificing his powers to try and save the irredeemable Shigaraki was incrediblely bad. Oh, but he had a terrible childhood. Doesn't matter. He did a lot of horrific shit.
i currently still talking to someone who use exact same argument. "but they have terrible childhood". ok, does that mean their action to murder innocent people less bad? wtf

Users who are viewing this thread