My Home Hero - Vol. 8 Ch. 69 - A Cry of Sorrow

Shin fucked up so many times that his death was coming sooner or later. These last few chapters have been Shin messing up and having it bite him in the ass. Good riddance.

Dex-chan lover
Well there's the next boss set up then. Since this involves Kasen family, hope she'll have more time to shine.

Aggregator gang
A lot of alienated modern "individuals" (esp. the young) who are emotionally hollow, will enjoy this treat: a hug at the end.

The end point of our 1st World alienated society is people who cannot love or be loved. It is nice to see something that buckles the trend.

Even if it is but a fleeting moment. This hug will stay with people for a few days.

The story makes no sense at all. If the family is that powerful, why did they allow Nobuto to beat up Reika in the first place? Feels like an unnecessary extension of the original story.

@molosser
nah, that's still ok, they let it be at first to make dad & mom (& daughter) that she would be safer with the main family. They were planning to intervene before she actually got killed but they didn't expect dad to take matters into his own hands. Well that's my understanding of it.

That aside, I'm not sure how to feel about that last page, there wasn't any foreshadowing of it before when we got to read the daughter's thoughts

Group Leader
@MrGoodday
Ah, I see.
I'm not positive on it, but if I had to wager a guess it's either some kind of spiritual thing (given that they're plastered on the wall in abundance), or possibly a family crest? Crests tend to be more circular looking design wise though.
An example of family/samurai clan crests:
1f897b3b43a7e0bb044ed938082f43ae.jpg
If it's the latter, that might have been a hint towards the Tosu family being a part of the yakuza or otherwise underground crime organization because if I recall correctly the yakuza tend to have a lot of roots in samurai traditions and such.

Take with a grain of salt though, I may be talking out my ass because I honestly don't know a whole lot about yakuza or japanese crime. This is all just guess work.

Wtf is up with her acting? I can't believe she would still try to act like that after what her father did for her. She said sorry i hope she fucking developed this time

Everything makes sense now that the in-laws are appearing in the story. Although we were not shown any of their actions, plans, or precautions early on, we can assume that they were ready to step in when it is necessary and be the "heroes" and "caring family"(when her life is threatened or possibility of being maimed, etc), driving a wedge between her and her parents. Note that from all the subtle hints we were shown, this family is quite ruthless and ambitious, so who cares if she gets hit by her boyfriend or gets put in danger, they wont step in selflessly just for that...

What they did not factor was Nobuto (that his name?) being an absolute retard who might have killed her in a fit (since they might be too late to intervene, also shows their selfishness) and Tetsuo being a SuperChaDad, most likely rendering their plans moot.

Users who are viewing this thread