My Home Hero

Still strong as always. Part 2 is different but it's nonetheless very good so far and manages to stay just as thrilling and surprising. I really like this work, at least for thrillers it's clearly the best manga I've read.

I'll be upfront, every tag associated with this Manga is NOT my cup of tea.... Yet, something about the cover caught my attention. Today was my first time reading this manga and I will gladly admit, this is the best thing I have read in a long time. THANK YOU to the awesome Home Hero Scans group. I can't wait for more.

The covers for this manga are really good and describe the manga well, imo. It's quite a step up form the artist's past works.

Btw, I'm rereading and there's something that really bothers me. The dad is constantly in weird and screwed situations but nothing makes me sadder than his absolutely idiotic daughter. As a reader I really feel like all his efforts are wasted even if he manages to survive through all the ordeals awaiting him. If only they made her a more interesting character, it's the biggest (and only) flaw of the manga.

Seriously, how do you explain that such a "genius" is so stupid? She's good at everything she does but she's the most oblivious person when it comes to other human beings?

Just caught up to the latest RAW, what a ride.
Kasen's family is way crazier than I imagined

@Atzerkins Wait, I don't remember her being described as an actual genius? She is pretty much a common plain girl with an incredible pair of parents.
I personally don't like her because I have no reason to like her, but she surly gets much more hate that she deserves.

@cloverfr she gets shown a few times doing various activities which she's very good at, from magic at the beginning of the story to boxing and other stuff. She's also very good at piano if I recall, so you'd expect her to be pretty smart.

@Atzerkins Oh... that, for me it seemed as his father is being overly proud of his daughter's small achievements not as "she is a genius" sort of way as much as "dotting daddy" kind of way, to show us the readers how much he loves Reika, I mean, he is crying of joy just because his daughter SOLD him an overly priced "gift".

Honestly I know where you want to get but... it doesn't add up? Being good at magic or piano doesn't make you a genius.

Double-page supporter
I dont get why this manga's so popular.

At first, i thought it was quite good actually. The father protecting his family by comitting what could be the most heinous crime of all, that's an excellent way to start a thriller.
And then, it just goes downhill.

My problem lies mostly with the characters: some of them are 300 iq geniuses, who know everything about anything, and also happen to possess hyper-acute senses while some other are as stupid as a rock can be. The inconsistency of character for some of them is also annoying. Wont spoil, but the ending of the first season is, in my mind, completly stupid.

My second problem is how far-fetched some of those plans are. It's not Death Note. Those people are regular folks and actually, the main character didnt even finish high-school . I know he writes (bad) detective stories but still, some of those plans are ridiculous.

I honestly dont understand why it's so well-rated.

I stopped reading as soon as i reached the end of the first season, having lost enough time on it.
3/10, and i'm beeing generous. This kind of story works with a manga such as Death Note because the world built around it supports it. Thats not the case here. You cant have regular folks acting like masterminds. Maybe it's supposed to show how much a human beeing can transcend itself for the ones he loves, idk.

4cevgk.jpg

Dex-chan lover
How come such parents managed to give birth to such a idiot of a daughter....

Users who are viewing this thread