My ID Is Gangnam Beauty

Double-page supporter
I thought it was going to be better. Unecessarly long redemption arc at the end, the female mc is kinda slow but ill forgive her for that. idk it was still entertaining but kinda lost the fun halfway

Dex-chan lover
hm even though this webtoon wasn't bad at all, i kinda want my time back from reading all this.... it was addicting but i just feel kind of extremely unsatisfied. i actually did like the ending regarding Sooah quite a bit, but that's about it. i can't put my finger on it but i just want my time back LOL (could also be because i neglected a lot of work to read this...)

Stupid KR culture, stupid patriarchal world, stupid beauty standards. Ughhh, so frustrating, and sad. But latest chapters have been getting fluffy, and cute, so at least the pacing is good.

I liked this, but it was hard to read. Some of Mirae’s dialogue made me tear up (especially when she said she didn’t think she could ever be loved, or talked about not having a right to be attracted to somebody) because they’re things I’ve thought for years. I feel like, in the end, the message fell a little flat. She never could’ve gotten this happy ending without the surgery. Idk. The author really nailed the mindset of an ugly woman, but I wish it hadn’t tried for the ‘beauty is unnecessary’ thing when everybody was good looking...

The cast of side characters was the best part imo.

@prmodic "She never could’ve gotten this happy ending without the surgery."

That is partially true, is true that the surgery helped her, but also the message was, "with only this you won't archive happiness" since she had to change as a person for truly archive happiness, otherwise she would have still being trapped in a mental beauty contest believing she does not deserve love.
Which is a really nice message considering this was made for korean people where plastic surgery is everywhere, many think with just that would be enough to be happy, a "plastic surgery bad! :mad: " thing would not come as a strong message.

Edit: wait.. Why's the status still on going? They clearly said it "end" already.
*sobs sobs* I don't want this to end 😢
Lemme see their babies!!! 😭😭

I liked it. I feel like the message isn't that beauty doesn't matter, but that YOU matter. I like that that it doesn't villianize the choices the women make in terms of modifying their own beauty. The female lead got plastic surgery? The bullying was the problem, not that she got plastic surgery.

The male lead is the best. He can take a hint and he's not a jerk.

Rather than “outer vs inner beauty” problem, I think this story was just about “being beautiful doesn’t solve all your problems”. Every beautiful women in this webtoon seemed unhappy for some reasons lol

It didn’t try to condemn women for doing plastic surgery, but it portrayed things that will happen if they do it. People may say “inner beauty is more important than outer beauty!” but they don’t want to end up with ugly partners *snorts*

I think it’s humane to be attracted to beauty. But If you put too much value in it, painful things like in this webtoon will happen.

My favorite character is Kyungsuk’s mother. She was so cool. Would she end up with a man not that much older than her firstborn son? I’m curious lolololol

For people who want to read, this is pretty heavy, like eating a plate of tenderloin steak complete with side dishes. Meanwhile normal shoujos feel like eating candies. If you want to read something light, don’t read this one.

Loved the story, but the way mc looked... Maybe should've watched the dorama instead.

Users who are viewing this thread