My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Saito Rikuto and Hayanose Aoi

Aoi later on:
tenor.gif

Aoi complaining to Shion:
https://sadhoovysinhumantranslations.wordpress.com/novels/instant-death/instant-death-v3-chapter-9/

Reactions: le3
Meh. Aoi has no right to talk about misused power or good and bad when she's just killing those who won't submit. Not even mentioning she works for the most corrupt part of the world; the sages.
Not a fan of her. It was a good introduction chapter for her, though.

Dex-chan lover
oof she's dead but just have no idea yet

inb4, it's not spoiler, i haven't check the raw but it's obvious theme of the manga

edit: just checked the spoiler below, sounds neat lol

Dex-chan lover
The real question I ask myself is: What the hell is the MC? Maybe something like the concept of death itself or something along these lines?

Dex-chan lover
Damn this world is brutal. Man can’t just be left alone with his elf harem.

So...how dead is Aoi gonna be?

Dex-chan lover
For those curious
She still got to MC thinking how easy would be to kill him just like the others but the moment she saw MC her own skill showed her the possibilities of her future if she approached MC further....
And all of them then lead to her own death.
So imagine seeing your own future where no matter what you do you still die traumatised Aoi beyond help, she lost it and lost all hope.
She ran away and created a pocket dimension where nobody could find her to stay away from MC.
Later the shitty great sage that summoned the school class found her but got blamed by Aoi for bringing MC to their world and that everyone/everything is doomed.

• Funny
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
@Dragou This sounds strange now that I think of it, but in most settings I can think of any personification of the concept of death itself usually didn't do any of the killing. Tend to just manage the souls of those who have died the old fashioned way unless something has gone wrong and they need to step in to correct an error in the system. That could be exactly what his power is supposed to be for but for some reason he's been left to his own devices all this time as an otherwise normal kid in Japan. Going by those other examples he's kind of the error in the system now, since he's taking people out at the drop of a hat regardless of what their original fate was supposed to be. Then again, that's sort of helping to rebalance this world they ended up on one overpowered shitbag at a time.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro What I mean is more of the concept of death itself and not a deity taking care of it. He could be a fragment of the concept which somehow gained self-awareness. It also seems like he is nerfing himself on a larger scale. Even if it is somehow subconscious.

That would at least explain his stupid power. Death is indifferent itself. But people who seek it, will find it really fast. Besides that he seems to decide what death means with his ability.

Double-page supporter
@Dragou they explained it a couple of chapters ago he is basicly a supernatural nuke that was there to for supernatural and maybe even natural MAD for japan and is like a billion curses

Dex-chan lover
@Syanalassa that was just their comparison and beliefs, not what he really is. We dont have a real answer yet.

Dex-chan lover
lmao I can't wait for her to get mind broken.

Contributor
She looks like a female mc

Though that might just be samefacing

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou the ultimate soldier lol. No one can oppose his rampages, it only ends when his blood thirst is quenched. Though I do think he could be sent to earth to decrease the population of earth and he could do it easily because he will be free to carry out his work. If they oppose him he gets his job done quicker. If they leave him to it he will take far longer. Its like a trick in the system as anything alive normally fights back against that which attacks it.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou the ultimate soldier lol. No one can oppose his rampages, it only ends when his blood thirst is quenched. Though I do think he could be sent to earth to decrease the population of earth and he could do it easily because he will be free to carry out his work. If they oppose him he gets his job done quicker. If they leave him to it he will take far longer. Its like a trick in the system as anything alive normally fights back against that which attacks it. Like I wonder if he became well known enough and hated, where most of a country wanted him dead, if said country launched an attack on him if it would lead to not only death to those who "pull the trigger", but those who wished for his death too

Dex-chan lover
@Dragou That's exactly what I was talking about too, though. For example, Death in the DC or Marvel comics. Both of them are characters like this kid, but they're also death itself. Not a god, just actual death the concept. The "horseman" Death in Supernatural is also actually something like this too. He claimed he'd be the one there to collect him when God himself died, as all things eventually do.

Users who are viewing this thread