My Life as an Internet Novel - Ch. 63

I SWEARR I NEED ANIME OF THIS ERRRRRRRRR OR LIKE LIVE ACTION... I'M SO SLEEPY THEN AFTER READING CHAPTER 55 TO THIS CHAPTER...MY MIND HAS AWAKEN 🤩🤩uwu can't wait to see the next chapter ahhhhh, I got thrilled, intense, teary-eyed and most of all I LAUGH SO HARD!! Help I'm dying fangirling rn.. 😭😩😍

tbh im fairly certain the author of the novel got part way through the story with chunyoung as the intended ml, then changed it midway through, thats how it reads to me cause you get all these very sweet and cute bits between them which is apparently not meant to lead to annoying and then with the actual ml jiho her reactions are lot more placid initially, and there isnt any apparent set up like there was for chunyoung

either that or the author just wanted to blueball everyone

I love how op everyone is! It’s so funny. I can’t wait to see them destroy everyone.

Thank you for translating this chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
@Onibi rightt?
Like at first I shipped Jiho and Dan-ah together(I'm a sucker for white/silver haired bois) but I began shipping blue head with fl as the story went on, shipping whitey tighties with the best friend since their moments together were pretty cute

The author seemed to REALLY want to not make the ml so obvious but in the end it or it will leave a sour taste for the readers. I know a couple of friends who lost disinterest after caving in to some spoilers

@Onibi @Pandoot
i'm sure you guys are trying to be subtle (and youre being way more subtle than some other people >->) but youre still making it
pretty obvious that chunyoung isn't the ml
so please put the whole comment in spoilers

@kayleneP
fair point, i did assume it was pretty well known since people have just been popping it in here, i got it spoiled for me because of that, tho i am glad since it stopped me before i got invested in them

@Pandoot idk if youve looked up the og novel but if you have,
yeah after i read up on it im pretty tentative, since apparently while the writing is really good, its mostly sad plot wise, it just kinda feel like the author had this plan for a kinda light story, but that developed into a more tragic kind of plot over time, which is fine, but they didnt adjust the start of the story to match and just upsets fans who were getting invested in the relationship without giving any real closure I guess

@sashastarr
It's Jiho (silver hair).

@Pandoot @Onibi
I'm just gonna link to a comment (https://mangadex.org/thread/268985/7/#post_2431021) I've made in regards to Jiho being the ML over Chunyoung in the past and how it relates to one of the themes of the story because I don't wanna type that up again.

I find it almost comical how quick some people are to undermine Jiho without even knowing all the things that happen before we even get anywhere near the ending. It almost always boils down to what is basically "he's not Chunyoung so it sucks/he's worse," with frequent mentions of "it makes no sense" and assumptions that "the author did it for shock value" as if they're certain there's going to be no buildup whatsoever for Jiho, which is so very wrong.

Why not let the story play out before you jump to conclusions? Especially about a character that hasn't even been given the focus yet. Sure, you might think it doesn't make sense now but that doesn't mean it won't make sense in the future. This isn't even one-fifth into the story yet. What you know is a drop, what you don't know is an ocean. Jiho in particular is a character you can't pass judgment on this early into the story because he doesn't do things in a flashy manner and doesn't like to flaunt his emotions or innermost thoughts.

I understand that a lot of people don't read the novel, but I implore everyone to keep an open mind about all the characters, Ruda and Jiho especially - Ruda because he redeems himself big time and Jiho because people who read second-hand spoilers are unfairly biased against him when he's very layered and nuanced underneath all that sarcasm and out of the 4HKs and Yeoryeong, probably has the most varied and fleshed out relationships with other characters. People are so quick to discredit him because He's Not Chunyoung. The baseless dismissiveness is downright annoying. Chunyoung might've been the First Guy™ introduced, but Jiho gets a lot of focus in the upcoming arcs.

If you pay attention in just the first 63 chapters of the manhwa alone, there are a bunch of subtle hints that Jiho likes Dani, not Yeoryeong (this is also true of the novel). People are only even slightly surprised because (1) right from the get-go, Dani instills her bias on us by writing Jiho off as Yeoryeong's male lead and (2) the aforementioned subtlety with which Jiho does everything and how he tends to hide his innermost thoughts.

And while Chunyoung is being built up in the foreground, the same thing is actually happening with Jiho but much more quietly. They were set up as foils from the very beginning with the contrast only growing more stark as the story goes on. Refer to chapters 21-22 of the manhwa as just one example; when presented with the fact that Dani is hiding a secret from them, Chunyoung and Jiho's reactions are juxtaposed. Chunyoung presses her for answers and doubts her, which I don't blame him for. Jiho, though, knows Dani will close her heart even more if you keep pressing her, which is why he relents and reluctantly agrees to her request of acting like strangers in high school. He implicitly trusts that she has a good reason for it. There is no blueballing or shock factor with Jiho. The author knew what she was doing with his character and it shows, particularly from how his behaviour and mindset from early on are delved into by the midpoint of the story.

Also, you're saying that the author, who introduced very early on the fact that Dani could just up and disappear from their lives and feels like she's undergoing an existential crisis, and in general treats the isekai trope with a lot more gravity than most isekai stories do, planned this out to be just a lighthearted story? I kind of doubt that.

As for Dani's reactions to Jiho being more placid, it's because her relationship with him is much more easygoing than the one she has with Chunyoung. She doesn't worry about saying something that might offend Jiho so she kind of says whatever she wants. It's a sign that they're quite close, even though she can be unintentionally insensitive towards him at times. Conversely, recall how Dani talks about her relationship with Chunyoung: she said it's one where they just kind of revolve around each other from a distance, never getting too close, but also never straying too far. Because Chunyoung said he liked her for having zero interest in him, Dani closed her heart and decided never to push his boundaries. She was afraid of doing something that would boot her out of Chunyoung's good graces. IMO, this is also why Chunyoung is introduced first - because what he said to Dani that day in their first year of middle school had long-lasting repercussions on Dani's mindset that we can see even now.

Her dynamic with Jiho is completely different. It hasn't been mentioned in the webtoon yet, but when she talks about her friendship with Jiho in the novel, you see, again, why he and Chunyoung are foils. Instead of making Dani close off her heart, Jiho was always gradually chipping away at the walls she put up instead - by disarming her defenses with sarcastic jokes. Turns out this was a double-edged sword for Jiho because while it allowed him to get closer to her and form the comfy friendship they have now, it also made it that much harder for Dani to take him seriously even when he drops the jokes and is being completely sincere with her.

Edited for typos.

@sardonic
I would like to applaud you for your comment and I agree 100%
It's also so annoying how people always write off characters before giving them a chance. (Granted they're sometimes right about how things turn out because a lot of stories follow a bunch of cliches, but this isn't one of those cases.

Also I heard that Ji-ho gets more focus soon and that the scene from Ji-ho's middle school confession has shown up in the raws!! (i think late 60s or early 70s??) I'm so excited, tho I know the end of that scene will break my heart TvT

@KayleneP
Yeah. I don't think Ruda should be regarded as an irredeemable "hate sink" for what he did, for example, but I can understand some of the annoyance at his actions in the past couple of chapters. But Jiho hasn't done anything wrong. He even helps Dani behind the scenes but people are up in arms that she ended up with him instead of Chunyoung. He's getting belittled because he's not the one they want.

Yes! If it follows the novel (which it has so far), you'll see more Jiho in the upcoming arcs. I'm excited to see the reactions to that confession haha. I hope people will give Jiho the chance he deserves because he's a truly good boy. T_T

the whole comment section is filled with spoilers and I'm going to read them all.

Double-page supporter
what is this rank system am i missing something also

@/sumatose same lol

Users who are viewing this thread