My Life as an Internet Novel - Ch. 70

@kittybear, she wanted to ask them play strangers first and foremost because she was afraid to become even closer to them and consequently to be more hurt upon returning to her original world. And even though she’s still afraid, in the end she withdrew her request and said “let’s create more memories together”.

@Windyfog what chapter was it when she withdrew her request? I wanna read it again because I don't remember that because I remember jiho remembering her asking him that and him saying even though he agreed he feels like he can't do it??? I might be confused though, and also won't she also be hurting these new friends too if she was worried about hurting people? Maybe I should reread the chapters honestly

ru-da is that guy who consistently is up in your space thinkin he slick trying to sound like a smooth talker but just looking obnoxious and you're just uncomfortable and uninterested
he's gross

@kittybear its chapter 30 where she changes her mind, and a few of the ones before that where the situation is explained. I think Jiho is just misconstruing it, Dan-I doesn't want to make it look like she's friends with the Kings because how annoying other people are. The only ones in her class who know are the other Kings.

@kittybear I don't know how you can blame Dani for taking the lead role when she was basically pressured into it by Ruda and her classmates. And Dani isn't particularly trying to make close friends in her new class. Even when Ruda expressed a desire to be friends with her, Dani immediately put up a wall but she didn't want to outright say, "I don't want to be your friend so stop talking to me." Dani is a little distant, but she tries to be affable. She's not going to say, "Hey, I don't want to get close to you so stay away from me," to her classmates because remember what Jiho said: Dani is almost obsessed with being "normal" and not standing out, whether in good or bad ways. She neither wants to be the star nor the pariah of her class. Attracting any attention at all is bad news in her book.

There's no way they're not gonna lose it, Yeoryeong especially. If it was just a regular play, they probably wouldn't be bothered but Dani has the lead role alongside Ruda - whom they're not very fond of - in a play that's full of cheesy over-the-top romantic cliches.

@RAWRlrus I don't think Jiho is misinterpreting Dani's intention. He's reflecting on himself. At the time, Jiho, though reluctant, told Dani that he'd be "fine with it" if they acted like strangers at school. He thought he'd be OK as long as they still maintained their friendship outside of school but when Dani actually acts distant with him in class and wants him to do the same, he realizes that he's not as OK with it as he thought. He thought he'd be mentally prepared for it but in the end, he still felt hurt.

🙄rapey romance script 🙄 for fuck sakes, so far this story had avoid so many cliques or at least made fun of them, not we have the sexual aggressive male and all the idiot class mates forcing people to play out their fetish...to a clearly unwilling female participant. gross

This chapter is perfect i swear 😍 just us getting good insight on jiho and his feelings
And then a couple cute scenes with ruda

But dont worry
for the people who dont like the ruda romance
if it follows the novel path then
they'll basically be turning the romantic play into a romance comedy since our girl is hilarious 😂😂😂

@Sardonic
I think by the looks in the eyes being the same I think he means like Longing or something that he sees deeper in them rather than the surface look haha it makes more sense if you think deeper than what we can see in the art

@sardonic ah ! I think your misinterpreting, I wasn't blaming dan-i for taking the lead role, I just thought how ironic it was, because to me it seems like both group of friends are extremely overbearing, and now I can see what your talking about! She is obsessed with being normal i never thought of it that way, i also keep forgetting that she's basically in a novel right? So its going to be over the top and etc. I think honestly the writing is confusing me a little

@Sesrin Yeah. I think the point is that they both showed expressions that screamed "I like Dani" but there's a big disparity in their respective undertones. It's another point of contrast between Jiho and Chunyoung.

@kittybear I misunderstood, my bad. Yes, Dani wants to be as low-key and ordinary as possible. She doesn't want to stand out because standing out entails ~drama~. Too bad for her, she has to be involved for drama. It's the rules.

Dang... I have dropped this before then re-read it and lived it again... In the novel, dan-i's problems are quite deep although some parts in the manhwa are deep.... The novel elaborates how she feels really out of place and troubled that whenever they find out that she's associated with the leads..or so she call... Others might resent her like what the other characters who did horrible stuff just because she's friends with them... Like the " how dare you stand beside *certain person "
[there'll even be one who will imitate her and try to take yeoryeong and the dudes as her "friends" and leave dan-I ]. that's why she feels like she shouldn't get close to them.... However...as much as I like her idea of not wanting to meddle in other stuff and just live quietly.... I actually don't like the way she sees her friends and keep her distance from them... It might've given her benefits but her decision of acting as if they don't know each other... hurt her friends... A lot.... Albeit they do understand... they probably feel as if they were burden.... Hence... I wanna see her growth that's why I read it again.......... Aaaanyway.... Gosh this will be MORE intense and MORE development in the whole romance part....ssssoooooonn hehehehe

Users who are viewing this thread