My Life as an Internet Novel

Well Ruda isn’t wrong. Dan-I barely says and shares her worries with the squad like normal friends and I can see how ruda thinks that’s a problem. It’s just... he needs to realize that it’s because dan-I knows they’re characters in a novel and that’s why she’s not being normal friends, not because of the squad’s fault. But maybe after this part Dan-I will feel more open to her friends :DD

love all the characters in this manga its soo cute and adorable how her friends all just want to protect her and she doesnt even notice

I understand Dan-I right now. I can't imagine one of my friends telling me that im just a character from a novel and that i dont exist in real life. Thats just literal existencial crisis.

I kind of regret reading the novel because I can't appreciate the art as much as before. ;-;

@New17Doctor
so basically when she goes out to buy coffee with red hair some of the bullies from school ( lackeys of the dude that got rejected ) come and fight them. In the process MC falls under a truck almost getting double isekai'ed.
To keep her friends from getting carried away by their haywire emotions, she doesn't tell them.
However everyone in school finds out about it anyway and the MC's harem of friends decide to teach those little mfs a lesson (though MC never told them anything specifically so that they wouldn't get involved into some shit like this).
MC tries to run away from her friends who found out the truth by hiding with yellow hair.
When her friends do catch her, yellow boy gets in the way and tells them that they're way too obsessive and a whole bunch of other things to get on their nerves.
When blue boy tries to pull MC away from yellow boy, they "accidentally kiss" ( yes the blue and yellow boy kiss, where is the BL tag?)
This leads to them taking their fight to the bathroom where yellow boy tells blue boy that he's the best friend of MC out of the whole harem that she has, and that only he deserves her (okay ,not exactly, he made some good points but it came off that way).

That brings us to the latest chapter where MC continues to misunderstand their relationship as BL ( not really cuz she still thinks yellow hair is a girl) and yellow boy reveals his true intentions as being manipulative and make himslef the best boy in MCs life.
BIG SPOILER
All this while the author seems to be selling us the idea of a romance between blue boy and MC but unfortunately he isn't end game.

This is so interesting regarding friendship. Dan-I is not ready to open up to the group. Dan-I is able to confide in Ruda regarding her feelings because Ruda is an outsider and not affiliated with the group. When Dan-I tells one person in the group a piece of information, all of the group ends up knowing because they share info. Ruda is unbiased in that manner because he has no bonds with them and thus can give a different perspective. It's really that simple, I have been in that very spot myself.

Ruda is not wrong regarding them clinging to Dan-I either. Even though he wants to monopolize her (which is also possessive in a way), he's upfront about it with her friends. If I was Dan-I, I'd probably end up feeling smothered at least by the main friend group (just because they chased her down) which is super clingy. Also if Ruda says he's a guy then he's a guy. Dan-I keeps misgendering him.

As for Dan-I and her friendships, she's hurting herself and her friends by withholding the information she has. It is pretty hard to carry the burden alone and it's normal to be scared, but she's gotta prepare for another worst case scenario again. Having been in a predicament where I struggled alone, it was a huge load off my shoulders to talk about what bothered me and it really helped to know that others were there for me and ready to help in any way they could. Even if they couldn't, the sentiment still helped. Applying this here, surely it would be the same for her. The reason why Dan-I's struggling is because she's keeping quiet. It's not because she's from another world and it's not because the group are characters from a piece of media. The characters aren't idiots and they keep saying they want to help or be there for her but she doesn't trust her friends.

I guess when Dan-I feels like she's truly out of options or feels like she can tey to open up, she will. But she's really dragging herself and others down when it causes fights more than once. 😥

As for further reasons why she's been isekai'd, who knows. I can't say much further because it's still a mystery.

i think one of the reasons i love this series so much is because its very human. obviously there are many mistakes and wrong things happening, and maybe that seems annoying to a reader who has the outside meta perspective... but i think its very human. dan-i's struggles, i understand them, even if from a meta perspective it might be annoying and i might think "hurry up and open up to them!!" but... at the same time i understand... especially for young teens, too.

Users who are viewing this thread