My Master, the Wolf Queen - Vol. 1 Ch. 36

Aggregator gang
Reminds me of one of the stories of King Midas. Yes, there was more than one, plebes.

Dex-chan lover
Uuuuuuuuhhhhhh, the reeds (in the Midas myth, it was reeds and not bamboo) had surprisingly loose lips for something that doesn’t even have a mouth. I’m not sure if saying he "will be her bamboo forest" is all that reassuring.

He didn't tell the whole story though :v I've read a similar story but for this context those bamboos in the forest will be used to make musical instruments. These instruments will then be used by musicians hired to play during the king's banquet. For unknown reason, when these intruments were played, the words "The king has donkey ears" were heard. The king was humiliated and ordered the execution of the barber.

Kang Jun told the story to survive and it worked. I remember reading in the description before that
he blackmailed her to help him get his kingdom back
but that's just poor taste. I hope he won't. Rosaline is ruthless but she seemed to have suffered alone because of this secret. She needs someone she can trust

Him: I wont betray you

Me(likes him but doesnt believe a single thing he says):
Why the fuck you lyin'? (Why?)
Why you always lyin'? (Why?)
Hmmm oh my god, stop fuckin' lyin'!

Dex-chan lover
@kidyoudontknow I figure she'll look into this story out of curiosity and pick on him later for leaving that part out. But yes, either way she probably needed a person to confide in. Might as well be her favorite fuck buddy/pet foreigner that no one would believe like he said.

Urgh, knowing that he'll likely use this secret against her in the future for his own agenda... it'll just leave a bad taste in my mouth every time she would confide anything to him from this point forward because it's just one more thing he can use as leverage. I won't hold it against him because it's something he feels that's necessary to get back his country but still... just imagining them overcoming that to get the HEA is super painful.

Knowing that he will betray her and use her secret as a blackmail material (most likely when she begins to trust him too) make this a painful read. My heart ache just thinking about it :'(

Dex-chan lover
A lot of you said he will blackmail/betray her. Is that something from the raws or are you just guessing?

I was really hoping this would not go there... 😔

@karolyn from the summary, he want to rebuild his kingdom, and from early chapter he intend to get close with the queen to gain some benefits.

I pity the queen. She has no one to trust and a lone wolf too.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone who's finding fault with the idea that he might blackmail her, betray her and whatnot seems to be forgetting that she basically enslaved him and, while she isn't the one who destroyed his kingdom, she is a bloody-handed conqueror just like the people who did. Further, she has threatened him with death repeatedly, both directly and via her lackeys, as a consequence for the slightest semblance of trying to think for himself or fail to do whatever humiliating thing she might order. You can't "betray" your slavemaster.
He owes her no loyalty and the only weapons he can use are the weapons of the weak. It's easy to be straightforward when you can straightforwardly order your 100,000 troops or whatever to destroy anything that annoys you.

But you’re also forgetting the fact that HE asked HER to make him her concubine. She freed him of his country where he is ACTUALLY enslaved even though it almost waged a war and tensed up the situation. I’m sure he could go back to his country(obviously not now that he knows her secret), but he didn’t, because from the beginning he planned to gain her trust and use her to get revenge for him and his family. Now even better, after gaining her trust, he’s going to blackmail her? I think both are to blame. No one here is neither innocent nor fully evil. And did you ever see a slave living in his own room in the palace, being free to read in the Royal Library whatever he wants and having servants tend to them? And you’re also forgetting the fact that everytime she she tried to kill him, it was during her transformation(full moon), where she probably has less control over her body.

@DestinyFate
So from your point of view, she has the right to dispose of him because he asked her to "save" him from his previous master, lol?
He was a slave, he is still a slave that was just threaten better than other because he is a sex slave for her.
It's time for her to learn how to respect more humans starting by her sex slave, imo.
She has the power to abolish slavery and slavery was abolished because we humans have "empathy".

Users who are viewing this thread