My New Wife Is Forcing Herself to Smile

As cute as this is and as much as I want to like it, this manga is really just reminding me how frustrated I get with gag stories like this, where the premise is just the result of a misunderstanding that never gets resolved. I'm definitely not saying it's bad or can't be done properly, but it does kind of end up feeling like the manga only has one joke and it's already feeling stale.

Amusing for the first chapters, but the joke gets old fast. It was interesting that the girl seemed to have the hots for her husband, and like, showcase real sexual desire... and now it turns out that she thinks "holding hands" is what married people do at night.

Greaaaat.

AAAAAAAAAA SOMEBODY FIND A DOUJIN FOR THESE TWO QUICK!! I'm feeling frustrated for these two.

Pfft, those two are adorable. Though I do hope there'll be some development at some point!

Thanks for the translation~

@Lisahey Unfortunately, it's historically plausible. For better or for worse, people tended to take it a lot slower back then.

That aside, I'm calling it - by the end of the next decade there's probably going to be an anime for this.

@zemaiteje I see what you mean, but surely it's not THAT plausible? I'm sure even the most sheltered girl was given "the talk", and an idea of what to expect on her wedding night. At least something basic like "men have a snek between their legz".

@Lisahey Touché. Sex ed for women in that social setting at that time would probably be along the lines of (dramatic noble voice) "you must provide your lord husband with an heir. This is how you will do it", etc.
Then again, since the samurai in question, iirc, doesn't seem to be an heir to anything too significant (his older brother was the one he got in a fight in one of the chapters), maybe the wife's parents and the samurai himself thought it wasn't that urgent?

That aside, I still do find it pretty funny. To each their own; it'll get better soon, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread