My Roommate Isn't From This World - Ch. 5 - Twister in a twist.

Dex-chan lover
am I the only one that thinks the author did a mistake taking the series this way after serialization? the whole charm of the pre-serialization was MC and the Ghost, now it's focus is MC perving on ESPer girl, I don't get what he's doing but it's not as fun...

Wonder if the editor was the one to push this creeper mc for the serialization

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, having ghost girl being a funny addition and shifting the focus on MC trying to get inside Esper-chans pants is not good. The series is called 'My Roommate isn't from this World' and not 'I want to lewd Esper-chan' after all.

Dex-chan lover
Call him a creeper or detestable all you want but I love this MC.
Unlike some (if not most) romcom MCs who are wuss, dense, and/or herbivore.
He knows what he want and take action to get it even if he failed numerous times.
Reminds me of our boy Kazuma. He maybe the village @sshole but he is our village @sshole.

wigwRlX.jpg
This is the weirdest take I've seen on something like this.

Buddy it aint about him taking action, it's about the fact he's tried to literally rape this woman several times. Bro has, not once, tried to interact with her as a suitor. He's tried to get her unconscious or mentally hazed so he can close in and sleep with her without much resistance. Which is weird because he WAS a suitor in the original web-comic. He made date plans, they had conversations, they interacted regularly and it was clear he wanted her and she wanted him.

Also Kazuma isn't anything like this guy, don't throw dirt on his name like that. Kazuma is a realist, that's it. He comes off as a jerk simply because he's blunt about it, but he has limits and there are plenty of things he won't do if it requires him to be an immoral person. This dude is nothing more than just some a-moral dickhead trying to get his rocks off. Even more of a difference, when he gets close to getting laid he's never had to try and force the other party into it. He actively positions himself as someone likable and is someone worth liking for quite a few characters.

Like I don't know what you're trying to praise here, because it sounds like you're just in it for the contrarian idea of a rapist MC.

Dex-chan lover
So can he see the ghost or not?

Or is his ability to see her going to be as inconsistent as the pre-serialization?

Group Leader
Manga is too focused on banging the chick now, that it takes away from the original prospect of a guy with perverted thoughts who comes into contact with the occasional supernatural beings here and there.

Come on author, let it be fun again!
My thoughts exactly. I too remember the pixiv series being a lot more centered on goofy interactions with both the titular ghost, and even the other denizens of MC's shit shack apartment.
Although
they actually just met the flasher ghost in the latest raw chapter
so perhaps the series will improve with time.
We'll see what'll happens with chapter 7, since it comes out tomorrow (as of typing).

Dex-chan lover
he will probably try to do something with the girl and fail and repeat. this all for comedy i guess. no need to take it seriously lol.

Double-page supporter
This series ain't even about the ghost girl anymore, is it?

Dex-chan lover
Really hoping the author will gradually tone down the rapey vibes because holy shit.

Dex-chan lover
everyone hating on MC, and rightfully so, but i still enjoying this series. i kinda like that hes such a scumbag, it makes it funnier when he constantly fails. also the small moments of ghost girl doing spooky stuff keeps me comin back

Users who are viewing this thread