My Wife Is Cold-Hearted

"Rui Xi has a bad family circumstances" this is terrible in more then one way.
I miss how I could edit it on batoto without being a mod or admin.

Dex-chan lover
@fireproofemu
You gotta look at the synopsis' of Wuxia novels, then. They've all perfected the art-form of "Writing much, saying absolutely nothing."
93abdfb770.png

“Don’t like don’t read” posts make me laugh. If you don’t like the critiques, take your own advice. Anyway, the synopsis really is terrible.

So cliche that i cant stop reading. Pacing and story is so shit that you are interested what will happen lmao.

This is bad, but I still continue to read it to see what will happen next. Even if it’s all predictable.

@Hester thank you so much for updating 😊

Yeah the story is super cliche but I like it 😂

I was curious, but the writing is so cliche, I can't deal with it anymore.

I feel like most Chinese manga have this issue, they are very hard into tropes. Every guy is the embodyment of perfection and everyone swoons over him.
Of course there are good Chinese manga, but so many have this issue. I'm curious why the writers have this tendency to write so cliche and over the top.

Aggregator gang
@Kingbadbad

I don't know why they are obsessed with these tropes, but I think they are trying to replicate historical dramas in modern times. Hence the CEO bullshit. (btw the only thing worse than ceo stuff is the shonenish cultivate crap)

The rich male mc, who is abusive at first, but turns out he is kind
The dumb/naive/poor underdog female mc who is either adopted or hated by her family for any reason, who is dumb as fuck, but somehow every guy in the city wants her
Arranged marriage. Family power struggle. CEOs, companies, etc.
Drunk first night. Then pregnancy. Then x year timeskip
The evil ex and/or evil stepsister, incidentally all of them has purple hair
The girl's drink gets spiked. The girl gets kidnapped. The kid gets kidnapped. Everyone gets kidnapped. The girl actually has a hidden fiancé somewhere far away. BS like that.

It's sad, but I literally wrote down the key plot points of 99% of the chinese romance dramas.
As I said earlier, it's like all of the chinese authors has the same little "guidelines for stupid tropes and clichés" handbook. And all of them keep using it. Haha.

But who cares, I like the kid, so I will probably stick around. And it's quite refreshing since the male mc is not a complete douchebag this time. Quite the opposite actually.

Is it too fucking much for people to just... enjoy a cliche once in a while? They're cliches for a reason. If you can't stand the plot or the style or the theme or the art or whatever, just go read something else. I'm getting sick and tired of all these people who are sick and tired of shit and don't know how to shut up about it and move on.

Honestly the most disappointing thing about this is how easy she took him back after 6 years. He accused her of drugging him, kicked her out, didn't try to contact her at all and she just takes him back like nothing. Even if he found out he was wrong when he accused her of drugging him there's no remorseful moment she he realizes his mistake and tries to atone. Why do that when she just him Or back to him like nothing happened.

Started out fine, took a turn for the worse. For one the title is misleading: Not the wife is cold-hearted, it's the kid.
The kid is far too manipulative and observing for a child his age. On the other hand his mother has the autonomy of a 5 year old.
Instead of relying on the conflict that drove the two apart, the story relies on some old soap opera cliches.

I am gonna call it now: it wasn't her who drugged him but some other girl motivated by jealousy. Because that's how predictable the story is.

@darara "@Kingbadbad

I don't know why they are obsessed with these tropes, but I think they are trying to replicate historical dramas in modern times. Hence the CEO bullshit. (btw the only thing worse than ceo stuff is the shonenish cultivate crap)

The rich male mc, who is abusive at first, but turns out he is kind
The dumb/naive/poor underdog female mc who is either adopted or hated by her family for any reason, who is dumb as fuck, but somehow every guy in the city wants her
Arranged marriage. Family power struggle. CEOs, companies, etc.
Drunk first night. Then pregnancy. Then x year timeskip
The evil ex and/or evil stepsister, incidentally all of them has purple hair
The girl's drink gets spiked. The girl gets kidnapped. The kid gets kidnapped. Everyone gets kidnapped. The girl actually has a hidden fiancé somewhere far away. BS like that.

It's sad, but I literally wrote down the key plot points of 99% of the chinese romance dramas.
As I said earlier, it's like all of the chinese authors has the same little "guidelines for stupid tropes and clichés" handbook. And all of them keep using it. Haha.

But who cares, I like the kid, so I will probably stick around. And it's quite refreshing since the male mc is not a complete douchebag this time. Quite the opposite actually.
Last edited 2 days by darara.

One of the best summations I've ever read about the general script of these Chinese manga authors except you forgot the other trope of the male mc paying for the female ex's home (which she never uses) and provide an allowance (she never puts to use) to buy her off because she's an opportunity whore (his false opinion). Of course they never get divorced, he's conquering almost every woman around him because he's a player, and everyone believes he's a desirable playboy these other women think they can tame even with this kind of reputation.

@Rickymex "Honestly the most disappointing thing about this is how easy she took him back after 6 years. He accused her of drugging him, kicked her out, didn't try to contact her at all and she just takes him back like nothing. Even if he found out he was wrong when he accused her of drugging him there's no remorseful moment she he realizes his mistake and tries to atone. Why do that when she just him Or back to him like nothing happened."

On top of it I think it's made even worse because he wants her back because she had his child and not because of his love for her. I also don't understand why these characters never have a father, brother, son, or new crushing wanna-be boyfriend who wouldn't be so insulted by the male MC enough to do anything about it. If that was my mother, daughter, sister, or girlfriend I wouldn't just let the guy waltz back in with such an entitled attitude and let it slide.

Thanks Husky Scan for translation this.
I seriously love this webtoon <3
Thanks again!

>lemme just pull over without saying a word and get out by myself
>wife doesn't ask why he's stopping or doesn't get out herself
How can you write this shit

Users who are viewing this thread