Naisho no Ofutarisama. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

This is such an interesting manga, the MC kinda reminds me of Akebi from Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku. Some panels seem quite questionable tho :smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
SO GOD DAMN CUTEEEEE LOVE IT
MORE PLS
AND THANKS FOR THE CHAPTER

Banned
Okay so here is the thing. Yuri with stories where the relationship is not the maintopic but something else (anything goes, food, vampires, sports) fall flat on the yuri department most of the time. Its always hard to strike a balance between plot and yuri if yuri is not the plot itself. But i like this first chapter. Its about food, but their feelings get enough time to not feel tacket on for the sake of it being a "yuri" manga, FOR NOW. I hope it wont turn into a formulaic "we find stuff to eat and eat it" for 15 pages and the last four will be a small snippet of yuri. I have seen it many times and it wont be enough for me to give this a good rating. But im hopeful.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so here is the thing. Yuri with stories where the relationship is not the maintopic but something else (anything goes, food, vampires, sports) fall flat on the yuri department most of the time. Its always hard to strike a balance between plot and yuri if yuri is not the plot itself. But i like this first chapter. Its about food, but their feelings get enough time to not feel tacket on for the sake of it being a "yuri" manga, FOR NOW. I hope it wont turn into a formulaic "we find stuff to eat and eat it" for 15 pages and the last four will be a small snippet of yuri. I have seen it many times and it wont be enough for me to give this a good rating. But im hopeful.
You could not have said it any better, I always have a hard time getting into yuri manga that have food/music/acting tied to it (more like the other way around for most of them) because it usually takes away from the relationship development. When she mentioned food I was thinking I probably wouldn't like it, but I gave the rest a try anyway.

I really liked reading this first chapter, so here's to hoping we get to see good relationship development with food on the side

Ugh I'm in love with all the food/drink/restaurant yuri lately.

"Suito-to!", "Take Responsibility for my Stomach", "Senpai, oishii desu ka?", "Kuchibeta Shokudou", "Too Blue to Call Love", "Kamiina Botan", and the new "Let's eat outdoors" looks promising too.

Dex-chan lover
HELP I thought it would be some crap like... The "tomboy" wants to pick up feminine traits so asks the femmy fem girl for help but it's wholesome as fuckkkk someone please translate more

Dex-chan lover
I get what you mean... But I prefer it when romance isn't the driving force... They just fall in love as they go... But yeah it's almost always seem queer bait... Straight friends ish

Banned
I get what you mean... But I prefer it when romance isn't the driving force... They just fall in love as they go... But yeah it's almost always seem queer bait... Straight friends ish
I would love the "fall in love as they go" but they somehow rarely do since girl on girl yuri manga often starts out as the girls not really being lesbian(arguably), but becoming lesbian for each other. That always needs more time. And if yuri is not the mainfocus, it kinda never properly develops since yuri works tend to be kinda short overall.

Dex-chan lover
HELP I thought it would be some crap like... The "tomboy" wants to pick up feminine traits so asks the femmy fem girl for help but it's wholesome as fuckkkk someone please translate more
lol I hate that too because I'm masc, I couldn't imagine wanting to pick up feminine traits myself. I do feel for the real people who don't feel comfortable with showing the real sides of themselves though. It just seems like an odd choice to make a female struggle with that, since being a tomboy comes with it's own small judgement from people. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Dex-chan lover
lol I hate that too because I'm masc, I couldn't imagine wanting to pick up feminine traits myself. I do feel for the real people who don't feel comfortable with showing the real sides of themselves though. It just seems like an odd choice to make a female struggle with that, since being a tomboy comes with it's own small judgement from people. Maybe it's a cultural thing.
Agreed it must be a cultural thing. Could also be these authors have no fucking clue how to write a masc character. I just don't like it...

Users who are viewing this thread