Namicomi Account Linking Help

Supporter
Will it make any difference in regards to support benefits if I link the namicomi-account as private or as public? What does the difference even mean?

PS:
It's truly a lifesaver that you all at MD took up the role that batoto left behind (it was really an eye-opener when the owner of batoto wrote why he had to leave it behind, and the strain it put on him), and I really hope you can continue for a very long time to come.
I'm digging into what's already a very restricted budget to help now, because even though I didn't support until now, the option between an even more stringent lifestyle or losing MD, I'll choose the lifestyle.
Although I really would've preferred if other people better off could've carried the weight, but to each their own.

Edit:
Changed "haven't supported thus far", to "didn't support until now". It isn't my first language, and sometimes the mental gymnastics of translating differences in grammar can go wrong for me.

Last edited:
Solution
Will it make any difference in regards to support benefits if I link the namicomi-account as private or as public?
Nope, no difference

What does the difference even mean?
Public means other users can see it on your user profile. Private means only you can see it.

I really hope you can continue for a very long time to come
We will do our best to keep going.
I'm digging into what's already a very restricted budget to help now, because even though I didn't support until now, the option between an even more stringent lifestyle or losing MD, I'll choose the lifestyle.
We really really appreciate the thought, but please don't sacrifice finances for us if you can't completely spare it! :nyoron:
There are many...
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Hey, sorry if this isn't the place to ask, I started supporting a few weeks ago but the campaign banner never went away and I'm still prompted to consider supporting MD. Is this intentional? Didn't want to make a whole thread and thought it might be relevant to ask here since it's about the donations anyway
Have you linked your Namicomi account?

Supporter
Have you linked your Namicomi account?
I have indeed, i see it listed on my account page under the Connections with it being public, and i can see i am currently subbed on NamiComi. I think originally the connection was private but I changed that a few minutes after I had connected it (which was weeks ago).

edit: I just tried the earlier post of refreshing the connection then re-logging in, and it worked. apologies, my post was moved from another thread and i hadnt read this thread before just now. I thought I saw the supporter banner on re-login but I don't seem to see it anymore, will reply if it pops up again. I do still see the NamiComi link in the sidebar with the "Support me" photo, i dont mind it, I can hide it anyway, but it is still there, just mentioning in case its not supposed to be

Last edited:
Hi I subscribed to support mangadex and when I go to the supporter setting it says I’m not allowed to access it

mod note - moved to relevant thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Hi I subscribed to support mangadex and when I go to the supporter setting it says I’m not allowed to access it

mod note - moved to relevant thread
Have you linked your Namicomi account from your profile page?

Users who are viewing this thread