Nana to Kaoru: Last Year

This has been a fantastic series in many ways, one of the few that truly deserves full ratings. Realistic character development, ecchi stuff with a delve into the parts of bondage that actually matter - the emotions, thoughts, motivations, and relationships involved in it - it's absolutely one of the best. The fanservice is great (it should be, since the plot revolves around a couple of teens exploring their eroticism and bdsm), but what really cinches this is the portrayal of bdsm in a "pure" state. Not once do they have sex in this series, though it comes damn near close to it sometimes. The level of importance stressed on safety practices, too, is a huge plus (it isn't safe to string someone up in ropes if you don't understand how to spread the weight and a host of other things).
@jameaney don't bash the guy for trying to spread awareness - any good series needs people to spread the word, and this series has slipped under the radar for most people, at least in the US. As for the timeskip, well, I'm not going to complain about having the middle period fleshed out; as much as I want a sequel to black label, that would inevitably be a wholly different story - and one that would turn this from an ecchi manga into a hentai one, which raises other concerns as far as marketing and publishing this goes.

Recently got chapter six off EbookJapan. No bondage in this one but they do play around with word play (writing on someone, etc) and there seems to be a real heavy scene with Nana and her mom arguing. Looking forward to see what it's all about.

you can tell whatever you want for Amazume Ryuta's writing. He tease NTR in his normal works and usually do NTR stuff for hentai works. But, his art is legend. I could not find any other author who surpass
his art. Well, Oda Non and Takasugi Kou is really good but as far as i know they dont draw any normal manga, all hentai i guess?

I’ve love Nana to Kaoru series but i would like more of tachi and a new girl to become part of the breathers like that yagami Kikuko from the first series 😍

New chapter dropped today. I'm gonna assume we entered a timeskip or Ryuta forgot because we're now post-Black Label.

@MikaBDSM I somehow saw that coming! In previous chapters, we saw some other hints. With this new chapter, it's (almost) official that the series has an irregular timeline...!
I wonder what's the point of Koukousei no SM gokko? I guess Amazume-sensei was just told to draw more Nanakao and this is the result

@Metal-chan

Yeah until now whenever they mentioned Black Label in any capacity it was always a darkened image of Sarashina. Usually with his face full or partially hidden to imply they've yet to meet him and the story had yet to reach that point. But now we're going all the way out there what with showing the events of Black Label's last chapters. It's weird, but on the other end I'm happy because now we're past where Nana and Kaoru have kissed and more or less accepted their love for each other. It opens up alot of possibilities as to what they can do via breathers now.

i really love tachi character its is always a shame that she get the short end of the plot all the time. Nana is fun but spread the love

Unfortunately, as of today, EbookJapan was merged into Yahoo Japan and all content bought or otherwise cannot be viewed without the requirement of a Yahoo Japan account. All chapters that I bought with my own money are unviewable now as I don't have the means to make a Yahoo Japan account. It's a really crappy situation. If anyone sees this lemme know if you have a means of downloading the raws directly or share them if you have them. Would really appreciate it especially with the new chapter coming on in two days.

😔

For anyone looking for "RAWs" of chapters 6 to 8 :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hXFqMi_BuJ6xXd41ZQJ7wIYHSJtBACdt
Hoping someone will continue translating the series !

Hey thank you for posting the raws really appriciate it hopefully the chapeters will be translated, and the author will release more chapters soon.

@Nielzsen thank you so much for the RAWs. I hope you or someone else will keep posting them as they come out - this is my favorite series of all time.

Double-page supporter
Can someone explain to me if the series here in the link is the same one or another sequel?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%8A%E3%83%8A%E3%81%A8%E3%82%AB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AB-Last-Year-1-%E3%83%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8B%E3%83%9E%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9/dp/4592163516/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&keywords=%E3%83%8A%E3%83%8A%E3%81%A8%E3%82%AB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AB&qid=1562682314&s=books&sr=1-1

@TheWandere567

It looks to be a sequel. Google Translate says something about turning eighteen (assuming Nana). It could also just be a Tankoban for the Harem series here as 176 pages does more or less cover the first five or six chapters. Guess we'll find out near the end of the month.

ELH

Group Leader
So people stop spamming my inbox: We lost our translator for the series. That means unless we get another one this series is pretty much on hold/dropped.

@ELH Thank you for updating us. If you get the raws regularly from a reliable source, would it be possible for you to provide us with just the raws?

I hope someone will pick this amazing series back up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread