Nana to Kaoru

Utter trash. I don't understand how this is so popular. The way that the characters are drawn bothers me so much. It's practically hentai. I hope this filth never gets an official English release.

Aggregator gang
Saw people freaking out about this way back so I decided to try and read it

well, gotta tell you that the last arc was pure bs. they could just be a couple and end it well just like RE:life finish it nicely and get them good. well. 8/10 that last arc was just too much.

Group Leader
A manga with a premise that seems ridiculous and might be borderline criminal. But at its core, Nana to Kaoru is a cute rom-com story between two childhood friends that struggle to be together, as well as offers an interesting and fair look into the S&M world, giving reasons as to why the practice exists, why people enjoy it without hypersexualising it. Chronologically, Black Label is next, and offers a satisfying conclusion to this story and is also the reason why the author dragged out them being together

Last edited:
Still reading this (FAKKU version) what's with the difference in the titling (wording; only thing I've noticed so far, haven't started to read the version uploaded here yet)? just a translation thing or is one the official and another a fan-translation? also In the version I have it is ending at chapter 51, but in the uploads that ones showing as ch47 ?!?

edit: I figured out the chapter numbering discrepancy, the 4 specials (on M.D.) are marked/listed as actual chapters in the version (FAKKU - Omnibus) that I have. I typed out the whole "what chapter is what number/name between the two" in a text file, since i don't know if it would go against any possible "Profanity rules" i'm not gonna post it, but I could (possibly in a spoiler tag, would that help/matter).

Last edited:
For me reading this manga started of by a friend gifting me two volumes as a gag gift, I was jokeing arond how this might actaully be kind of good and then It actually was kinda good.
That was about until the Dog "arc". Where a) the character development lost it's swing and b) it simply did not harmonise with the arcs before and from then on it kind of just got a bit worse. It started to float around betewen 5 and six with the ocasional good chapter and then the last arc happend. Which still had it's moments but it simply left the floor of reality we've been haveing for the entire rest of the story. Space, time and "real-world" hierarchy are not treated as important but we are told they are.
I'd still say it is really worth the read but it has it's caviats, as almost everything does.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
1st third - good
2nd third - mediocre, unnecessary dragging, MC become extremely annoying, but S&M scenes are still ok
last third - just garbage
And then there is this last arc...

Group Leader
Good art, first half is fun to read and it definitely have the best moments, after the second half it becomes a little bit repetitive, Tacchi is a really annoying character and very difficult to like. The final arc is the biggest piece of dogshit I have ever read, it's the first time I have to fast read and skip panels because of how stupid it is, the ending doesn't even finish the whole story. I'm going for the spin-offs now but it's sad that what could have been a great erotic manga turned into mid due to the lack of vision from the author.

Users who are viewing this thread