NANA

"On indefinite hiatus since 2009" is possibly the saddest sentence I have ever read.

This manga is excellent, but it's a real heartbreaker both in terms of its story and the fact that it never got an ending.

Group Leader
@MentatRadnor
Took the words right out of my mouth. Would easily make my top ten if it was still on-going or had a proper ending. Really sucks that the author had an illness back in 2009, and is already fairly old on top of that. I hoped that she could have perhaps written a continuation in novel form at least, since it might be less labor intensive than drawing manga. The 2 live-action adaptions with Mika Nakashima also hold a special place in my growing up, having listened to her original soundtracks like Glamorous Sky while enjoying the manga. Alas, I fear this series may never get a proper ending given how long it's been and her advanced age, although what I'd give to be proven wrong. ....still so many unanswered questions.

I will read and reread this until an update appears. Been waiting 11 years. :(

That said, this is still a very good manga to read for many reasons:
- The art is excellent!
- The storytelling is compelling. Characters are well rounded and grow as the story progresses. The way they are portrayed is very human. I dare say they have a life of their own beyond this manga. Lol.
- Yazawa-sensei loves using a lot of symbolism, parallelism, and hints in the story so it makes a fun piece to analyze. With the story on hiatus, you can more or less take a stab at how things will end up once you get the know the characters’ personality well, and take the clues and symbols into consideration. That said, since they are very well rounded characters, only the author knows how they will really end up.

Ah such a good manga.... sigh... I kept re-reading this from time to time. Even if it's just 1 chapter, I would like a conclusion to the story

Started reading this when I was 12/13 years old... I am now 24, almost 25, but I haven't given up hope. As long as the author is alive and well there is hope.

Fed-Kun's army
lmao to the people who have faith waiting for this to continue I am in the same boat with Vagabond

pain

This must be one of the saddest forum pages for a manga out there. As a woman in her twenties who just finished the anime and continues to read the manga, I ready myself for nothing but pain upon pain. Well, I love a good suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread