Nanatsu no Taizai - Vol. 35 Ch. 291 - An Eye for an Eye, A Tooth for a Tooth

Fed-Kun's army
Worse than fairy tail and far more inconsistent. Normally this manga handles power levels well enough for my taste, but if she is this powerful, then why was there even a conflict in the first place? The first time chandler appeared he utterly destroyed them. Now Merlin does not even need to move? Bullshit!!!

If Merlin is this powerful, then why don't she just take the Earth under her protection and ban demons and goddesses. Since she defect the most powerful of the demons and the angels, and the Goddess and Demon King don't seem to go there in person, she could end the war now.

When the MC or any character who has time to 'progress' in history, makes asspulls is forgivable. But since Merlin entered the history, almost no arc or flashback was dedicated to her, we don't even know why the fuck she likes Arthur that much, aside from being his mentor. Even Escanor, who is quite "weak" in this aspect too, is forgivable because his power is obviously nerfed at night time.

Quite sad to see a really good manga being dragged to shit because of her, even some villains had more time to develop than her (Estarossa/Mael), I miss Derriere and Monspiet too.

Fed-Kun's army
Before this fight, I never thought Merlin of all characters would be the one to turn this manga into shit. But here we are. She went from being soloed by Galand to this nonsense. In 100+ chapters she'll probably solo the demon king and supreme deity all by herself.

@PauloArthur I don't like her character but I think her liking Arthur is self-explanatory, assuming she feels bad about how her prank on gods resulted in her home city being destroyed and all of its inhabitants killed. She knew that Arthur had a great potential as a chosen king so she wanted to groom him into a splendid ruler for Britannia as a way to repent for her sin. Plus he grew on her while she was mentoring him.

Users who are viewing this thread