Nanjou-san wa Boku ni Dakaretai - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - First date with Nanjou-san

Double-page supporter
We are on chapter 3 right? Realistic development takes time, people dont change over night. Plus its obvious shes using sex as a defense mechanism for when she doesnt know what to do or say, not really because shes horny 24/7 but because shes been treated like ssex is the only tging shes actually good for.
I disagree—people do change overnight. The circumstances that lead to that change don't occur overnight but the decision to turn things around definitely happens overnight. She's had plenty of time to consider whether or not sex as the first option really is a good choice. She's self-aware enough to know that it's not "normal" and that her way of doing things is isolating her from the other girls. All it takes is one final push to work towards that change, and that's exactly what the latter half of chapter 1 gives her.

Look at her asking the MC to be her boyfriend so he could "teach her how to achieve a normal love." The MC is going along with it and showing no signs of ditching her any time soon, so why is she still hellbent on getting him to bone her? At 40-50 pages per chapter, I'm not on board with the excuse that we're only 3 chapters in when literal oneshots develop their characters much more with less.

And on the topic of realism, I don't find it realistic at all that a girl who supposedly gets along great with her family would crave attention desperately enough that she'd lose all self-respect and let any guy who asks glaze her donut. The way she was proactively getting the MC to finish her off in the first chapter makes her acting like a pure maiden every now and then even more baffling. If you know any promiscuous high school girls in real life who are like this then I stand corrected, but it doesn't make that kind of behavior any less jarring.

Just in case anyone wants to twist my words and push the argument in that direction, I'll go ahead and say that if you swapped the genders around I'd be just as harsh, if not harsher, with my criticism.

This isn't about her being pure or a slut, a virgin or a non-virgin. Lots of people like Meguro despite her similar backstory. That being the case, why are people so hesitant when it comes to Nanjou? It's because the way she's written is confusing. Is she a reformed slut? Or is she a pure-hearted girl who got swept up by the circumstances and just puts up with the sex? Why does she actively look for it when she doesn't have to do it then? I thought she wanted a normal love, so why is she trying to push her relationship with MC back into her usual "not normal" relationships? Is she seriously trying to get the MC to have sex with her (as she openly declared) or is she just teasing?

Cmon, man.

Dex-chan lover
Just in case anyone wants to twist my words and push the argument in that direction, I'll go ahead and say that if you swapped the genders around I'd be just as harsh, if not harsher, with my

I disagree—people do change overnight. The circumstances that lead to that change don't occur overnight but the decision to turn things around definitely happens overnight. She's had plenty of time to consider whether or not sex as the first option really is a good choice. She's self-aware enough to know that it's not "normal" and that her way of doing things is isolating her from the other girls. All it takes is one final push to work towards that change, and that's exactly what the latter half of chapter 1 gives her.

Look at her asking the MC to be her boyfriend so he could "teach her how to achieve a normal love." The MC is going along with it and showing no signs of ditching her any time soon, so why is she still hellbent on getting him to bone her? At 40-50 pages per chapter, I'm not on board with the excuse that we're only 3 chapters in when literal oneshots develop their characters much more with less.

And on the topic of realism, I don't find it realistic at all that a girl who supposedly gets along great with her family would crave attention desperately enough that she'd lose all self-respect and let any guy who asks glaze her donut. The way she was proactively getting the MC to finish her off in the first chapter makes her acting like a pure maiden every now and then even more baffling. If you know any promiscuous high school girls in real life who are like this then I stand corrected, but it doesn't make that kind of behavior any less jarring.

Just in case anyone wants to twist my words and push the argument in that direction, I'll go ahead and say that if you swapped the genders around I'd be just as harsh, if not harsher, with my criticism.

This isn't about her being pure or a slut, a virgin or a non-virgin. Lots of people like Meguro despite her similar backstory. That being the case, why are people so hesitant when it comes to Nanjou? It's because the way she's written is confusing. Is she a reformed slut? Or is she a pure-hearted girl who got swept up by the circumstances and just puts up with the sex? Why does she actively look for it when she doesn't have to do it then? I thought she wanted a normal love, so why is she trying to push her relationship with MC back into her usual "not normal" relationships? Is she seriously trying to get the MC to have sex with her (as she openly declared) or is she just teasing?

Cmon, man.
Dude. The fuck? Do you seriously think people reform OVERNIGHT? Have you ever met someone whos had a tocic hapit or been in a toxic scenario for a long time? It takes a while to reform and change. She is used to sex being the focal point, so of course shes subconciously shifting conversations to that point that makes sense for her character!

And for realism. People can go through a lot worse even with a great family and support system, she wanted freinds and a kind boyfreind, those things are different enough from family that her idea of them being skewed is totally believable!

On the topic of MC leaving her, ever heard of clingly gf/bfs? Yeah most of them are used to short, sex focused relationships that end quickly after the other person has used them. Sound familiar? We know the MC isnt going to leave, hell she probably knows he probably wont, but she still has those axietylies and fears that he will. Its another effect of her toxic relationships.

And to top ot all off, its the 3rd goddamn chapter my man. Why the hell would we know every inner working of her character and motivations. Just keep reading. Jeez

Double-page supporter
Dude. The fuck? Do you seriously think people reform OVERNIGHT? Have you ever met someone whos had a tocic hapit or been in a toxic scenario for a long time? It takes a while to reform and change. She is used to sex being the focal point, so of course shes subconciously shifting conversations to that point that makes sense for her character!

And for realism. People can go through a lot worse even with a great family and support system, she wanted freinds and a kind boyfreind, those things are different enough from family that her idea of them being skewed is totally believable!

On the topic of MC leaving her, ever heard of clingly gf/bfs? Yeah most of them are used to short, sex focused relationships that end quickly after the other person has used them. Sound familiar? We know the MC isnt going to leave, hell she probably knows he probably wont, but she still has those axietylies and fears that he will. Its another effect of her toxic relationships.

And to top ot all off, its the 3rd goddamn chapter my man. Why the hell would we know every inner working of her character and motivations. Just keep reading. Jeez
Read:
The circumstances that lead to that change don't occur overnight but the decision to turn things around definitely happens overnight.
You don't think about going to the gym for a year, you feel like a fat loser for an entire year and when you're sick of it you decide to go the gym tomorrow and lose it. You don't just gradually ease yourself into the idea of being sober, you see the effects alcoholism has on your life and you drop the habit because you're sick of it all. That decision and the work that comes along with it starts the moment you wake up to that. Chapter 1 exemplifies this.

And it's not a matter of how deep we are into the story, because literally putting a "just kidding~" into one instance of her incessant sexual harassment would make her 10x more agreeable to all of the people here who have problems with her. After tearfully declaring that she wants a "normal" relationship she's back to pushing the MC for sex?

Realism does nothing to change how digestible she is. I'm not asking for a complete exposition dump or a detailed blueprint of her mind—I just want more clarity and consistency to her character. There's a reason people are uncomfortable with her and it's not as simple as her body count.

And quit it with the chapter excuse already, it's 40-50 pages per chapter. That's 7-9 chapters for most entries in this genre.
Just keep reading. Jeez
People aren't willing to because they can't stand the main cast already. Meguro is sitting comfortably at 7.6. This is an entire point below it, and it has everything to do with how the characters are written. It's not like Meguro's some super well written character either— she's just consistent. What else is there to look forward to in a school romcom? The cafeteria food?

Realistic or not, the characters are unlikeable and that's very valid criticism. If you can't keep people around that's a failure in and of itself. If you like how it is right now, good for you. I just wish it was better.

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, I get the feeling, if they were to fight later and she could feel her friendship is at risk and she could end up 'alone' again, there's a high chance she's gonna accept the advances of someone else to sleep with that person to avoid ending up alone again, no?... thinking about that it's kinda ick
I can 100% see them leading into that later down the line and teasing the idea, but I think the mangaka knows not to kill their series with a full on cheating scene, OR they could go full balls to the wall and fluff it to hell only to burn it down for shock factor later, though I think we’ll just get the generic twists and turns whilst keeping the fluff at a all time high throughout

Dex-chan lover
Read:

You don't think about going to the gym for a year, you feel like a fat loser for an entire year and when you're sick of it you decide to go the gym tomorrow and lose it. You don't just gradually ease yourself into the idea of being sober, you see the effects alcoholism has on your life and you drop the habit because you're sick of it all. That decision and the work that comes along with it starts the moment you wake up to that. Chapter 1 exemplifies this.

And it's not a matter of how deep we are into the story, because literally putting a "just kidding~" into one instance of her incessant sexual harassment would make her 10x more agreeable to all of the people here who have problems with her. After tearfully declaring that she wants a "normal" relationship she's back to pushing the MC for sex?

Realism does nothing to change how digestible she is. I'm not asking for a complete exposition dump or a detailed blueprint of her mind—I just want more clarity and consistency to her character. There's a reason people are uncomfortable with her and it's not as simple as her body count.

And quit it with the chapter excuse already, it's 40-50 pages per chapter. That's 7-9 chapters for most entries in this genre.

People aren't willing to because they can't stand the main cast already. Meguro is sitting comfortably at 7.6. This is an entire point below it, and it has everything to do with how the characters are written. It's not like Meguro's some super well written character either— she's just consistent. What else is there to look forward to in a school romcom? The cafeteria food?

Realistic or not, the characters are unlikeable and that's very valid criticism. If you can't keep people around that's a failure in and of itself. If you like how it is right now, good for you. I just wish it was better.
Idk i like the characters and comparing character development that relates to soemthing akin to an addiction or habit to going to the gym is kinda weired ngl. Whatever tho imma keep reading

Double-page supporter
Idk i like the characters and comparing character development that relates to soemthing akin to an addiction or habit to going to the gym is kinda weired ngl. Whatever tho imma keep reading
Stories of people overcoming low self-esteem, body image issues, or general lack of motivation through training aren't anywhere near uncommon but sure. Those same feelings of helplessness don't align, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
So the author clearly states that this mc <= thot fmc, fmc hasn't changed one bit, mc on the other hand has new look and personality. I think in later chapters girls would hit on mc and fmc would be the one who jealous. If you throw aside fmcs thot nature and ntred baits we got avarege romcom, I'm sure fmc will have a rival "normal" black-haired girl at some point.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter alone saved the series from making me drop it, and upped my score from 6 to 7.

Aggregator gang
hoooo boy... i just really really hope that some of the people's point of view of this manga STAYS in this manga or else it's gonna be a really huge smack in the face if they keep it irl too... ugh

Dex-chan lover
I just love how we're 3 chapters in and people are coming up with conclusions and saying that the characters have no development.

Kids, in real life, you don't change overnight.

And the "she's a slut" crowd, lol, lmao, even. As long as your partner is clean and faithful, what's the issue?
Too many virgins read anime for obvious reasons lol that's why there's an issue. I don't completely dis someone wanting a partner with very few or no partners before, but as you get older in this day and age the number of people like that shrinks exponentially. Having an attitude like that also doesn't help someone get into a relationship any quicker either.

Dex-chan lover
I can 100% see them leading into that later down the line and teasing the idea, but I think the mangaka knows not to kill their series with a full on cheating scene, OR they could go full balls to the wall and fluff it to hell only to burn it down for shock factor later, though I think we’ll just get the generic twists and turns whilst keeping the fluff at a all time high throughout
Nah theyll probs do it as a fake out, with a chapter endong with a guy making moves like before right at the end. Only for it to be revealed she turned them down, showing her growth in character.

Dex-chan lover
Or
MC must be gay considering he's rejecting all of her advances. If that was me, I would be deep in that vag quicker than the flash
He's a decent, respectable person who sees people as more than just outlets for their own lust. Not everyone is scum, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread