Necromance - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Clash and Conclusion

Good translation, wonder why the people are complaining if you dont like it that much then translate it by yourself lmao

Dex-chan lover
I know Shibuki has gotten weaker after becoming undead and losing the holy sword but I don't imagine they've gotten that much weaker, so I question how they "beat" the demon king the first time. Shibuki did die, but he was able to beat the demon king and now his subordinates are somehow way stronger too...

Dex-chan lover
The meme shit really oughta be saved for credit/joke pages after the end of the chapter.

It seems memes triggered some people. They could have put the memes as an extra page or they could put meme version separately but im okey with this version tbh. Like they said, it doesnt effect the story and this manga isnt a serious manga either

Dex-chan lover
"I'm about to end this man's whole career!!" Yes, I'm triggered. Dropped.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not opposed to inserting memes into TLs in principle, but it's got to be done in a tasteful way. Here, it just felt jarring. Didn't fit the series or the context at all.

Dex-chan lover
Can we get a meme-free translation next time? Jesus fucking Christ.

Worse than the OVER 9000 XDDDD memes stuffed in this piece of shit translation is the subhumans in the comments defending a shit product because "it's better than nothing".
But nothing isn't filled with a milion references to ghetto memes, and people would actually enjoy a well translated work instead of somebody's 9gag profile compilation, therefore increasing the popularity of the manga, attracting translators and fans.

We did quality control as far as 5 years ago, then zoomers like you took over. The only thing your generation is good at is getting chemically castrating hormone replacement therapy at 5, and that's really millenials and gen xers doing it on you, with boomers cheering from the sidelines.

I don't mind the meme , it's not like it was a serious dark tone manga in the first place and kek at the self entitled readers

Aggregator gang
He hehe, mêmes hehehe. So funny, so cool. Gonna play fortnite and masterbate.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Not sure which is worse, the memezzz or the god awful plot armor.

Double-page supporter
XuN: lol meemz xD

Comment Section: I'm about to end this man's whole career

If this was a manga with actual substance, memey translations, especially when they're used to replace a stereotypical line like "Try taking this!", "Here it goes!", "Full power beam cannon!" all which could have used in lieu of that one line.

I'm just glad they have a competent proof-reader. I've worked in several groups just for fun over the past few years; I'll let you in on a "secret". Most translators aren't native Japanese, and if they are, their knowledge of English grammar tends to really mess with the Japanese -> English translation. Having a translator that grew up learning the SVO(Subject-Verb-Object) sentence structure such as Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai but is also close to fluent in Kanji is the best you'll likely get. is much more likely to give their proofreaders a translation for them to refine.

I can understand why a lot of you don't like the 'memey' translation; I don't really care either way as long as the original context is preserved. I only mention translations and proofreading above because y'all don't realize that these translations you're reading may be ~90% accurate or ~30% accurate. It depends on the group, translator, and proofreader. Going from the JP release to the translator is one variable, then the final result with the proofreader's fixes to grammar or vocabulary so that it reads like an actual novel rather than a google translate spit-out is another. It's like playing a game of telephone, in case anyone doesn't know it's a game where you speak a phrase from one person to another in a group, usually in a circle; until it gets to the last person who says what they think the original phrase is, and is usually wrong.

Edit: Just wanted to give an example of going from a SOV language to SVO in terms of grammar to give a little insight.
SVO: “Jim(S) eats(V) an apple(O).”
translates to
SOV: “Jim(S) an apple(O) eats.(V)”

Users who are viewing this thread