Need LGBT appropriate tags :rejected:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
To bad there's no way to give some sort of praise to certain comments because there are a lot of comments I would thumbs up.

@ShadowofOblivion My point was that even with all that lewdness, sometimes it doesn't click. I don't expect much from tags, heck I barely know what I might enjoy. I'm looking to be entertained, and the only perfect tag would ultimately be what Nepuserreader likes. Any other tag is some pointer of what I'm interested in, nothing more.

How far it goes, will always be less than cover art and synopsis. So ultimately breaking Yuri and Yaoi to smaller tags is a no for me. It's pointless work with poor returns to the enjoyment it may entail. If I wanted exact direct works, the name of the work is what I would search for, not tags. If I wanted more precise stuff to be my tastes, searching an author's other works is more effective than tags.

Tags will never give the full picture.

Y'know, shoujo/shounen are targeted towards young people. If you're searching for serious relationships you shouldn't limit yourself to those. In terms of finding 'true' LGBT, seinen and josei have been a huge help to me. Mangadex doesn't seem to be a place to have extremely especific tags soon.

@comeonnow0 I would agree to a point, I used it as an example because its easy to understand not because its a %100 equivalent comparison. But for example if we had a male target tag and a female targeted tag it would work for more than just yaoi and yuri. Also I am not even 100% saying my exact tag ideas but something is better than nothing.

Fed-Kun's army
@ShadowofOblivion Something isn't always better than nothing. Why fix something if it ain't broke.

For me it's a hard pass, it would be convoluted mess to the already tag system since there were no clear definition to what OP wants. Also don't bring your shit here OP, you're only going to destroy this community even further with that suggestion.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry OP, but this idea is not going to be implemented.

The problem with suggestions like this isn't exclusive to LGBT topics.

This is just a typical example of a person/people who are in a statistical minority asking for unreasonable measures to be taken in order to 'accommodate' them.

Don't be discouraged though, OP. I'm sure you can ask in the Magma forum for yaoi/yuri mangos that suit your tastes. People love to suggest mongooses there.

Double-page supporter
Just coming in from outside your little bubble here to tell you you all sound completely insane. OP excluded (not for being sane, but for not being insane). Not gonna elaborate. Not gonna post in this thread again.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like people are being willfully obtuse in this post. Yaoi is incredibly different than bara, plain and simple. Not to mention bara/gei komi is a lot older than yaoi as a genre.

Here are a couple examples:

https://mangadex.org/title/38936/senya-ichiya-shitone-no-himegoto

https://mangadex.org/title/38937/tango-no-otoko

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the yaoi on the site are actually bara.

Dex-chan lover
Just coming in from outside your little bubble here to tell you you all sound completely insane. OP excluded (not for being sane, but for not being insane). Not gonna elaborate. Not gonna post in this thread again.
i.e.:
"I am above this topic as well as those who inject themselves in discussions regarding this topic. Why, you may ask? Not telling."

Tbqh smdh tho famalamadingdong, I may have just quoted and responded to bait.

Double-page supporter
Just going to jump in to say that I understand that the OP thinks Yuri/Yaoi aren't enough, however might I interest you in some other already included demographic tags that can help you tell who the target audience of the manga is.

Shoujo, Shounen, Seinen, and Josei.

I believe the use of these Demographics tags would tell you who the Publisher is targeting with the manga and is as close as you will get without being highly subjective to the point where it would just be an argument

CmpSmyK.jpg

Dex-chan lover
david letterman
is more acceptable form of an opinion than

heck, that isn't even an opinion, nor it matter to the topic. that's an insult, and a really bad attempt at it.

Dex-chan lover
@NullError
Great meme, friendo.

Also, might I suggest adding a pfp to your profile so you can be separated from the masses? I'll even give you two of my prized pfp's as some options:
xCtN5bN.jpg
PuFx1z9.jpg

As always, mantap jiwa bro. Mantap jiwa.

Dex-chan lover
@Granitefish Even that's kind of a crapshoot. People don't know how to properly utilize the demographics tags, or simply misapply them. A good rule of thumb is if there's a seme/uke dynamic it isn't bara. I'm 99% certain the manga I linked above are bara, and neither of them are under seinen or shounen (then again they aren't under shoujo or josei either).

Unrelated, but I found this and it sounds interesting as hell: https://mangadex.org/title/51708

edit: Manga above was removed so here's the MU entry: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=136813

Double-page supporter
Top 10 most predictable threads.

@BestBoy
Seems like people are being willfully obtuse in this post. Yaoi is incredibly different than bara, plain and simple. Not to mention bara/gei komi is a lot older than yaoi as a genre.
A lot of vocal posters here can't distinguish between yaoi and bara simple because it's all equally gay to them.
Perhaps, it would have been better if there was a yuri equivalent of bara, but this is the only comparable manga I can think of.

Code:
A common misconception about demographics within yuri readership and viewers is that it must mirror the demographics of bara, meaning that just as bara is primarily made by and for gay men, yuri must be made primarily by and for lesbian women. However, while yuri does have its origins in female-targeted (shōjo, josei) works, the genre has evolved over time to also target a male audience. Various studies have been done in Japan to try and determine what the typical profile of a yuri fan is.
- wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread