Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

@chinskiebajki
We found someone who is trying to be like Rean in the workplace but instead of headpats and great motivational words, we have headpats and sexual harassment.

Joking asides, that was a terrible comment from the superior. I mean, what would he feel like if someone said "Good job, for an old fag." 🤪

Fed-Kun's army
neeko... job... model sounds like a perfect fit... provided she has her phone..

This could go both ways, with Neeko rehabilitating herself and quitting NEET life or with her breaking down even more under the mom and friend's pressure.
Personally I hope it ends with the first one but it wouldn't be the first time a manga pulls a fast ball

Dex-chan lover
For a moment I almost believed this would lead to them acknowledging that Neeko really needs regular counseling, but of course this is Japan. The solution is pretty much always going to be working harder to get a good job.

Double-page supporter
@tuatara1 I believe there are two supports, ...emotional?/psychological and social.

@tuatara1
I think the widespread use of psychotherapy/counseling is pretty much a Western thing.
In other cultures there is often a lot of stigma and discrimination associated with it, not to mention that in some countries mental health care is... let's just say, rather lacking in quality.

Regardless, I think it's still a rather level-headed and mature take on the issue for such a manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Madotsuki
The conclusion that Neeko needs to get a job is very logical too.
Notice how it is specifically mentioned she needs to get a job, first and foremost, so she can get over her trauma of not getting a job in the first place and failing at everything she set out to do afterwards. Not because being NEET is automatically bad and everyone everyone should become a productive member of society with a 9/5 on mindless office job.
The root of ALL of Neeko issues comes from failing from finding a job, and then you couple that with things such as Imoko completely outclassing her and outskilling her at everything she does just like that and Neeko's mom being such an asshole about it even when we can see she has her heart in the right place, her complexes just grow bigger.
How in hell is Neeko supposed to get out of the hole she's in when there's no victories at all in her life nor even any kind of positive reinforcement?
Everyone's gotta do their part to fix the issue, not just Neeko, but also not just her family too.

I remember when I was unemployed (my job went to a call center in India) I stared feeling like shit because I couldn’t find another one for months. Had to move back in with my parents. So I feel Neeko’s pain!

Still, it’s a shame emotional therapy isn’t widespread in Japanese society, but as long as she has friends and family that support her she’ll be ok.

Double-page supporter
This author's really on point about dealing with being a NEET man

Dex-chan lover
This is still ongoing and there's even a linked youtube channel, so hopefully the suicide attempt fails.

neeko actually got enough physical feature to be a model, but maybe her problem is dealing with her confidence.

confidence comes in many way, i remember my first time having successful experiment of baking bread with fluffy texture that i wanted. it greatly boost my confidence to tryout many recipes and learn more. just so you know ive done bread baking practice out of curiousity from reading manga, so i practice my own and found out : things that looking easy in manga and video tutorials are somtimes misleading. i failed many maaanny times and depressed while eating my failed disgusting breads

Aggregator gang
The trick will be to help Neeko without scaring her back into her shell.

@alexandergc - Could be her dad, too. Don't forget he got half of his mother's genes. I've seen a few cases where the daughter takes more after her paternal grandmother than her mother.

Users who are viewing this thread