Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The NEET Works Part-Time

Maybe the mother was trying to be somewhat considerate of Neeko? She only worked for two hours which is an incredibly short shift and she wasn't facing customers. It still wasn't a good thing to do to her but it could have been much worse. I don't believe the mother's actions were that terrible.

I guess there's a secret alternate chapter translation, given that somehow, some think that the mother was proven right in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
They where so lucky that Neeko is actually a pretty earnest girl and actually do work hard when it comes down to it. That so damn nasty done of her mother, sure it worked but it might as well have worsen her situation. I guess it helped a lot that it was just 2 hours and she was in the storage the entire time, but still not exactly the most fun thing to suddenly be tossed into.

Also 2 hours work for a switch is pretty darn sweet pay.

Dex-chan lover
@GrizzlyBurr

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” C.S. Lewis

Just having good intentions doesn't mean much if the result is awful. Thank god this is a comedy manga cause plot convenience will always make sure it works out.

When did the art get so fuckin bad? Compare it with the first few chapters holy shit

Dex-chan lover
Wow, thanks Mom, you've shown Neeko that doing a job is not hard and that anybody can work. That's really going to help her when she still fails to get a job.
Like really, you don't see people struggling after they get a job, they struggle during the application process...

Sorry Neeko, this is just the beginning of the hell your mom has unleashed.

Dex-chan lover
I can live with this as long as "no one right answer" isn't just thrown out the window. As much bullshit as this was, I can still understand the reasoning to a certain degree.

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile I just don't quite understand the hype for the console.

Group Leader
Damn, the mom got lucky. This was a serious gamble, and I'm so happy to see it went well. Here's to hoping for Neeko learning to become a functioning member of society.

$300 for a switch at launch. She worked 2-3 hours (I'll be generous and say 3). If we assume she was generously paid $15 an hour, the little but her family chipped in was $85 each, plus tax. She paid, at best, less than half of what each if her family members paid.

Users who are viewing this thread