NEET dakedo Hello Work ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsuretekareta - Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
World end in 20y and he still think about contraception lol he gonna die at 40 so just the time his children got prime age for disaster.

Dex-chan lover
wtf LN ver looks better
he looks like krillin with hair here lol

Dex-chan lover
ok, I don't like where this is going, even usual stupid harems "make me your sex-slave master!!1" are better at this point

Fed-Kun's army
A marriage of convenience to escape a forced marriage?
Lets see where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
What's the fucking point of the Truth Palace if they won't act with no evidence?

Isn't it THEIR fucking job to find the evidence? Truth Palace my ass, sounds like some bullshit bureaucratic hellhole designed to virtue signal.

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80: I think the idea is that, given how the Truth Officers' power works (that is, there's no visible tell), you'd only have the Truth Officer's word on whether or not someone is telling the truth, which makes the power ripe for abuse without strict regulation of its use. It thus makes sense that they'd be limited to only taking action if enough evidence is dug up by other means that at least casts plausible suspicion upon the target of their scrunity.

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80 it's exactly what @MarqFJA87 said. Also the truth palace lacks enough officers to investigate each claim so the accusers need to provide evidence.

Also if someone fabricate evidence or bring fake accusations they are hanged. Elizabeth brother would need to specify who was the soldiers who delivered the fake report so the truth officers can question him. If the brother point to anyone else then the brother would be executed.

Dex-chan lover
@MarqFJA87

The buck has to stop somewhere. Absolute authority has to be placed in SOMEONE, otherwise it's a neverending circle of checks and balances. The way you mention it would make the Truth Palace borderline useless because it's meant to be an agency that's SUPPOSED to have such absolute authority over cases like this.

And what's stopping people from falsifying evidence, like what the pig noble's undoubtedly already done? He sent a fake messenger to lure the men out of the fort and having them lose the fortress. Ignoring any noble in-fighting wouldn't it be suspicious to anyone that an entire military force was able to be lured out at the word of a lone messenger? What if it was a rival nation that did it instead of one of the nobles? There's way too many outstanding problems with just ignoring a case like this.

Not to mention, the pig noble and his soldiers just so happened to be nearby when the fortress was attacked. In an area that is clearly out of his jurisdiction. If that's not suspicious, I've got several bridges to sell the people in this nation.

Then again, this is an isekai with anime titties and sex, so I'm probably just reading too much into this.

@Faryshta

As I said to Marq, the buck has to stop somewhere. If they are afraid of evidence being falsified, they have to investigate it themselves, just like detectives do in real life. Someone has to have the authority to make the call on this, and if the Truth Palace doesn't then they're pretty much useless and a pawn of the nobles to conveniently target people they don't like.

Nice pillow talk they got there. Not my favorite choice among topics to talk about, but whatever floats your boat.

Dex-chan lover
@Faryshta

There is a difference between giving someone the authority to make decisions over matters of truth with evidence on hand, and unequivocal tyrannical and probably military control over an entire country.

I guess you could have multiple people with the authority in a council, but the problem still remains. Who watches the watchmen?

Dex-chan lover
Man the god of that world must generally be a buzzkill... I mean, in-world censorship?! No wonder that world is destined to be destroyed

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80 you just proved the point you were supposed to argue. Even if the truth palace controlled the world they need to stablish rules and one of those is to pursue only cases where there is evidence.

Double-page supporter
he shouldn't even use contraceptive medicine. it would raise the stakes on saving the world much higher once he has kids.

Users who are viewing this thread