Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 185 - How About a Maid?

Dex-chan lover
Her critical error was posing the question while in human-shape instead of cat-shape.

I’d be all over this offer. A pet cat who:

• I don’t have to maintain a litterbox for
  • Can be trusted to use a scratching post instead of the couch
  • Won’t flay me alive when it’s time to be washed
  • Can be instructed as to which furniture is allowable instead of just banning all high areas
  • Won’t try to steal my breath while I sleep
  • Will probably live as long as I do
  • Can talk to me if need be instead of forcing me to guess why they’re yowling
Glorious.

… the maid thing is also tempting but for significantly less pure reasons.

Supporter
Her critical error was posing the question while in human-shape instead of cat-shape.

I’d be all over this offer. A pet cat who:

• I don’t have to maintain a litterbox for
  • Can be trusted to use a scratching post instead of the couch
  • Won’t flay me alive when it’s time to be washed
  • Can be instructed as to which furniture is allowable instead of just banning all high areas
  • Won’t try to steal my breath while I sleep
  • Will probably live as long as I do
  • Can talk to me if need be instead of forcing me to guess why they’re yowling
Glorious.

… the maid thing is also tempting but for significantly less pure reasons.
Those last two are the real fantasies, since the others CAN be handled with training and/or happening to have the right cat.
Technically it is possible to train your cat to talk using those buttons, but that takes a LOT more work than any of the others.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I think Mitsuki really would have no chance if she hadn't been there first...
A cat that can look after itself that's also a gf as affectionate and obedient as a pet. It's a deal that has all the benefits and none of the downsides of having either.
"obedient" is kind of overselling it when it comes to cats... but overall I agree. At least because of the human part you can reason with it.
"Do not eat this houseplant. It will kill you. I can buy you some cat grass if you need fiber."
"This is human food. If you want some, I can make you a little portion without garlic."
"If you're going to vomit, please aim for the smooth floor and not the hard-to-clean chair fabric."
"The veterinarian is here to help you. It is a checkup, not your imminent doom."

Dex-chan lover
IDK...this is kinda questionable, I need more appealing features like: always knows where I'm at no matter what time and place i am at, knows what I'm thinking let alone saying no matter the distance, has rooms for mysterious reasons that I am not allowed to enter, has a never ending dynamic of expressing affection and also will never leave me no matter what happens and has no problem showing it. you know the basic stuff that cats have.

Users who are viewing this thread