Netoge no Yome ga Ninki Idol Datta: Cool kei no Kanojo wa Genjitsu demo Yome no Tsumori de Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Because I Want to Protect You

Dex-chan lover
this goofy goober of an MC , how hard is it to verbally tell her why you’re avoiding her in the first place . bro’s insensitive to her feelings . now see how she’ll fall back to depression and he’ll be like “oh no , this is all my fault . what should i do???” . man , people like this are infuriating

Dex-chan lover
insert generic rage over fictional character
Edit: K. I finished reading. Fuck mc. I kinda hope he'll realize his idiocy but damn he's dumb like the trash he is.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A lot of spoilers from the web novel

Also no hate to anyone... Just my opinion to the manga

The manga is different from the web novel...in a bad way(imo)

While there are some changes that aren't really changing the story,like how he is actually a fan of her idol group(and her) in the web novel.

The atmosphere and the personality of the male lead has changed.

Like in the web novel, her being an idol isn't bothering him because he wants to be close with her(while they are hiding it, it isn't really that big of a deal.)

And even the male lead's friends are different. In the web novel, while they are salty and jealous, they didn't ask the ml to stay away from her unlike in this manga where there is unneccessary drama.

Although there are still some chapters and arcs in the web novel that I dislike, the fact that I am feeling that the story in this manga is heading towards a different direction makes me feel anxious towards this manga.
do you know where i can read the light novel from? i went to a bookstore (kinokuniya) and they don’t have it

Dex-chan lover
Yandere unlocked.

Also, I don't remember ever seeing this drama in the WN.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, such forced stupidity...

Bloody hell, someone better smack some sense into that idiot's head real soon, or else i'm dropping this manga.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder when writers will realize killing the flow of a story with forced and unrealistic drama won't win over readers.

Legitimately physically cringed while reading this chapter lmao

Dex-chan lover
I mean, they literally said that everyone in the comment will get mad in page 3, and everyone did. XD

Double-page supporter
These changes were done in the Light Novel btw and there is alot more to come, so i wouldn't bother much with what happened in the WN, since this is adapting the LN rather than the WN, as is the usual case

People need to learn to let go of WNs for adaptations when LN exists as source
Can you tell me who is the girl from page 5?

Also about the last part...I understand that publishers would usually change the original source for marketability and trying to improve the story. And manga publishers would adapt light novel because it is what the "mainstream" story of it.

I just dislike the fact that instead of them improving on the story and fixing its flaws, they instead focus on putting on cliches to try to appeal to a certain audience.

Dex-chan lover
Can you tell me who is the girl from page 5?

Also about the last part...I understand that publishers would usually change the original source for marketability and trying to improve the story.

I just dislike the fact that instead of them improving on the story and fixing its flaws, they instead focus on putting on cliches to try to appeal to a certain audience.
I don't even know who would enjoy this line of writing they've done though? It just makes you actively hate the MC so if your a self inserter you don't wanna be hated by the waifu, if your a story lover it's bad writing and just yeah. I'm not sure who this is aimed at.

Dex-chan lover
Guy MC: Protect girl MC by cutting off comms
Average reader: Boo guy MC
Cultured reader: Girl MC should lock the two of them in that room and do %&#^^@&! stuff to him
Very cultured reader: Same as above, but with every friend of his and every fan of hers violently and gruesomely murdered

pretty fucking weird thing to say but ok

Users who are viewing this thread