Netoge no Yome ga Ninki Idol Datta: Cool kei no Kanojo wa Genjitsu demo Yome no Tsumori de Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Because I Want to Protect You

Dex-chan lover
You know, this would've been avoided if the MC just THINK before he spoke

True
Helpful
Inpiring
Necessary
 Kill yourself

Dex-chan lover
The Idol group Characters: yeah she was really fucking depressed before she started playing with you. And you improved her mental stress immensely

The MC 2 chapters later: lol gonna stop hanging out with her online with no explanation. Despite being told this.

How the fuck do you get the order of writing wrong here.

Dex-chan lover
Can you tell me who is the girl from page 5?

Also about the last part...I understand that publishers would usually change the original source for marketability and trying to improve the story. And manga publishers would adapt light novel because it is what the "mainstream" story of it.

I just dislike the fact that instead of them improving on the story and fixing its flaws, they instead focus on putting on cliches to try to appeal to a certain audience.
Iirc is that minor character that lead MC to the rooftop to talk with Nana, forgot her name, she is still irrelevant here as it was in the WN, though role is a bit different but lead and end in the same edit: gonna re read LN later when i have time to make sure

And yeah, LN usually is the polished version of the work compared to the WN, which is one of the reasons they get picked up as sources for adaptations, though changes can be either done for the better or for the worst, and is the same case here, alot of the changes were for the better, with this one being on the worst one, with the so overdone idol culture drama stuff that is the usual thing in japan, which make it a more "realistic" drama that japanese readers can probably relate to

For the record, LN volume 2 is completely different from WN Act 2

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And yeah, LN usually is the polished version of the work compared to the WN, which is one of the reasons they get picked up as sources for adaptations, though changes can be either done for the better or for the worst, and is the same case here, alot of the changes were for the better, with this one being on the worst one, with the so overdone idol culture drama stuff that is the usual thing in japan, which make it a more "realistic" drama that japanese readers can probably relate to

But the problem here isn't the whole "idol culture" drama. It's the dumb MC who chose to avoid the girl because he "wanted to protect" her, which clearly doesn't make any sense at all, since he only made things worse.

It's just a stupid and unnecessary conflict that can be easily solved, IF the MC just talk about the whole situation to the girl, whether IRL or inside the game, instead of playing hooky with her.

Dex-chan lover
But the problem here isn't the whole "idol culture" drama. It's the dumb MC who chose to avoid the girl because he "wanted to protect" her, which clearly doesn't make any sense at all, since he only made things worse.

It's just a stupid and unnecessary conflict that can be easily solved, IF the MC just talk about the whole situation to the girl, whether IRL or inside the game, instead of playing hooky with her.
The main problem is the idol culture, yes mc is dumb af because he is avoiding her, but reason of that is because the main problem exist in the first place, she probably won't care if she is getting flamed online or end her career, but mc doesn't know that, is probably something you won't avoid when it comes to idols or celebrities in works, leading to unnecessary drama, specially knowing how toxic it can get

If she wasn't an idol and the main problem didn't exist, but instead was just your typical popular girl in school, this would be way more dumb

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The main problem is the idol culture, yes mc is dumb af because he is avoiding her, but reason of that is because the main problem exist in the first place, she probably won't care if she is getting flamed online or end her career, but he doesn't know that, is probably something you won't avoid when it comes to idols or celebrities in works, leading to unnecessary drama, specially knowing how toxic it can get

If she wasn't an idol and the main problem didn't exist, this would be way more dumb
TBH, she should've known about it, because this kind of thing has been around since ages ago, where every public figure definitely have a bunch of fanatics that worships them, and also haters that hates them thoroughly, in which both of these groups can do something really extreme.

I would be surprised if she somehow doesn't know about the existence of such group of people, considering that she and her friends are not tech illiterate (a.k.a they're definitely browse the internet, and using SNS/boards), or at the very least she would've heard from someone that she knows, like her family or manager.

All in all, the author of this series is just that bad in conveying the story, to the point that some 5ch users called it "a delusion from the author", due to lots of stuffs that were depicted doesn't make any sense at all...

To everyone freaking out: While I think this could have been written better I think this is to create the necessary pacing and to address an actual Idol culture problem. In Idol culture, she could lose her job over having any kind of special relationship with a male because Japanese Idols are basically packaged and sold as the Girlfriend of the Fans. Is it weird and fucked up? Yes. Would her Agency fire her over it? YES VERY YES. It's happened so many god damn times. This sort of thing is SO BAD in fact that it's even spilled over into the Vtuber Culture which borrows heavily from the Japanese Idol industry.

Double-page supporter
Iirc is that minor character that lead MC to the rooftop to talk with Nana, forgot her name, she is still irrelevant here as it was in the WN, though role is a bit different but lead and end in the same

For the record, LN volume 2 is completely different from WN Act 2
To be honest, I would prefer the act 2 to be more different.

The story turned into an unneccessary harem drama on what is supposed to be a half satire/half serious story. And the rejection of the main character doesn't make me feel happy even though it is used to suppose to ensure that he truly loves the fml(I mean it makes sense because he already has a lover but their relationship feels more like obsession rather than love itself)

Although I'm curious what changed in the LN2?

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, I would prefer the act 2 to be more different.

The story turned into an unneccessary harem drama on what is supposed to be a half satire/half serious story. And the rejection of the main character doesn't make me feel happy even though it is used to suppose to ensure that he truly loves the fml(I mean it makes sense because he already has a lover but their relationship feels more like obsession rather than love itself)

Although I'm curious what changed in the LN2?
Of all the changes they did, LN 2 was probably the better one tbh

Instead of being about this 3rd idol and stuff going around, it start right at Summer Break (instead of it starting by Act 3), this 3rd idol don't show up, is just more cute couple moments between the 2, with her invading his house for some days and then him staying at her house too, only dilemma here is mc thinking if is alright to kiss her or not, which lead to them having their first kiss in this volume, Volume 3 is sort of different but part of it is the same as Act 3, with it being the late part of summer break, a different group member show here, but doesn't cause any major problems

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I actually reflexively pounded my desk when I read the second-to-last page

Double-page supporter
Of all the changes they did, LN 2 was probably the better one tbh

Instead of being about this 3rd idol and stuff going around, it start right at Summer Break (instead of it starting by Act 3), this 3rd idol don't show up, is just more cute couple moments between the 2, with her invading his house for some days and then him staying at her house too, only dilemma here is mc thinking if is alright to kiss her or not, which lead to them having their first kiss in this volume, Volume 3 is sort of different but part of it is the same as Act 3, with it being the late part of summer break, a different group member show here, but doesn't cause any major problems
Thanks for the information! Guess I'll just swallow a hard pill while reading this arc because I am curious on what aspects did they change.

Dex-chan lover
We are not even that far, and we have to see this boring trope again.

Aggregator gang
lmao dropped
chapter 5 and we are already at the “i need to just suddenly stop talking to my friend for stupid reasons” arc. feels like its gonna be axed in a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread