Netoge no Yome ga Ninki Idol Datta: Cool kei no Kanojo wa Genjitsu demo Yome no Tsumori de Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Because I Want to Protect You

Dex-chan lover
This whole development is incredibly dumb, but I don't really mind since manga is always dumb and it'll be resolved sooner or later...

AS LONG AS this doesn't result in their "distance" increasing for a while just so the creator can purposelessly introduce more heroines who cling to him and make Mizuki jealous. I hate it when Japanese creators do this because they can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea of a relationship actually happening.

Dex-chan lover
MC plays an MMO, he really should have known how to communicate for fuck's sake.

Dex-chan lover
These changes were done in the Light Novel btw and there is alot more to come, so i wouldn't bother much with what happened in the WN, since this is adapting the LN rather than the WN, as is the usual case

People need to learn to let go of WNs for adaptations when LN exists as source
so what happens in the LN? care to give us spoilers?

Dex-chan lover
An especially funny chapter this time. I'm sure the comments here are going to be a great read too.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of development is this? This doesn't even make sense. I get that the story needs some drama but this feels forced to me.

Double-page supporter
No, seriously. If you can help translate—if you're at all interested—any of the other things I'm doing, please reach out. Thanks.
I would like but all I know are kata & hira alphabets. :cool:

Dex-chan lover
so what happens in the LN? care to give us spoilers?
I own a physical copy of volume 1 of the official translation of this novel and I can assure you that he's talking out of his ass.
His friends never mention anything about the possible harassment, and the MC can't even keep up with all the attacks from Rinka and support/trolling from Nana, let alone have time to think about anything else. It's just pure sweet (if you streeeeeeeetch Rinka's obsession enough) and comedy without an inch of drama.

Dex-chan lover
This is why light novel adaptation sucks lol
It's not.
In the novel,
the 2 friends never mention anything about the harassment/idol culture, they just got jealous and wanted to play game along with the couple, but as someone with sanity unlike how this manga portrayed, obviously MC refused and even told them to keep secret instead.
Some times later they even told MC to call Rinka using her first name, idol culture be damned.

I'm actually mad that
1. This manga managed to derail the novel so fucking much.
2. Some moron managed to mislead people into believing that the manga follow the LN. It doesn't. In the first place, in both WN and LN, by the start of the story the MC is already a fan of Rinka (alone, not the group) for a long time. You know how the manga starts.

Dex-chan lover
LMAO The note calling out mangadex commenters is so good (and I say this as one of those commenters).

Touché, scanlators. Very well played.

edit: anyone know if the LN or WN have been/are being translated as well? I'd be interested in reading it alongside the manga.

Power Uploader
The chapter comments right now
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I own a physical copy of volume 1 of the official translation of this novel and I can assure you that he's talking out of his ass.
His friends never mention anything about the possible harassment, and the MC can't even keep up with all the attacks from Rinka and support/trolling from Nana, let alone have time to think about anything else. It's just pure sweet (if you streeeeeeeetch Rinka's obsession enough) and comedy without an inch of drama.
"official translation", LN of this thing isn't even licensed nor have an official translation

Users who are viewing this thread