Netoge Tomodachi ga Omotteta n to Chigau - Oneshot

search

Dex-chan lover
It's gay if it's gay but only if it's gay, and after reading this, I'm starting to think it's gay.

Dex-chan lover
"I would normally be nervous hanging out with a girl like this, but akira is a guy"
What? How does that sentence make sense? Like, I can parse it, it just makes no sense to put those words together in that order?

Also, why is akira falling in love from not having been told he looks like a boy (something I doubt most ppl tell him, as he doesn't)? Why is he repeating to himself that you're a guy when he already knows that fact (being treated as a girl shouldnt make him doubt his gender. Or is it meant to stop himself from falling in love, as he knows he is straight?)?

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh, okay! I read the last speech bubble, "You're a guy, Akira! A guy! A guy!" as coming from Akira, which I interpreted as either "I, as an actual boy, shouldn't be charmed by being treated as a girl", or "I, even though I'm an actual girl, must keep pretending to be a boy" (e.g. to keep having a platonic friendship between guys).

But in the raw, "guy" in the "holding hands with a guy" line has the specified reading "異性", i.e. opposite sex, and the final speech bubble is Yūto trying to remind himself that Akira is a guy. (The Japanese line has no "you".)

So Akira is a boyish girl being charmed by being treated as a girl.

I think. 🤔
Thanks I opened the comments section for this confusion

Users who are viewing this thread