Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 8 Ch. 29.5 - Kaede Hirose Won't Give Up (part 2)

This story is all over the place cause of the unnecessary drama, needs a world class level conclusion at this rate. What does the author want us to feel? The feeling of being baited left right and centre as well as constantly suffocating on pointless-you-could-easily-talk-it-out-drama. Pain.

Dex-chan lover
for those who don't like this chapter cuz no yuri or cuz Fuyuki become the main highlight, why so upset ?

i think it's a good idea to see a development around support characters, especially Fuyuki who would likely face the same thing as Kaede. and i kinda ship both Fuyuki and Kaede too~

all we need is more fluff moments after this chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Akira9200
Because the side characters have been handled poorly,
It should've been properly planned early on.
I am sure this manga is ending in a volume or so but seeing side characters thrown around like this seems rather a bad writings(but yes I agree it is better than nothing).

Fluff moment? There's barely any fluff moment in this manga.
This is another melodramatic chapter.

@Sad_Reality
Cmiiw, author want us to feel something about coming on an age or simply put a bonding between a Senpai/Kouhai once they get separated because of moving on towards university which means a young adult.

The best conclusion I can think of is both talks about their future and Konatsu following Koyuki to Tokyo.

No romance, just friendship

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get the theme of loneliness in this manga. Maybe because i'm introverted ? never felt lonely for not being with siblings or classmates

As always, feels make me feel. I love this manga, so thanks a lot for the updates.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!!! hmmmmm lots of angry people... My only criticism is that it was handled from the POV of the kid and not Kaede's and I think I speak for most people when I said that wasn't a good idea... The chapter says "Kaede Hirose" after all, that's the character we are all familiar with.

Dex-chan lover
It's a random bag chapter in some ways but I like that we got to know a bit more about Kaede and how she's more than '' the genki one'' in the group . The younger brother's puppy love crush is cute too and pretty harmless in my book, it kinda reminds me of my own younger brother when he was that age 😅 I've given up on any sort of a yuri outcome TBH so I'm mostly there for the art and the character stuff at this point and it delivers on that end.

Double-page supporter
@Xaelath

I mean it placed 8th in yurinavi's most recent yuri poling, so they definitely see it as one, and I guess lots of Japanese readers do as well.

I've also seen it mentioned that the author just didn't want a tag like yuri to define its story and instead let it speak for itself.

It does appear to be going the friendship route for me though, just in the most extreme fashion.

Aggregator gang
so much hate in the comments

why y'all still reading if you hate it that much??

@Babydel

I read Iori Miyazawa’s interview (he wrote Otherside Picnic) a while back, and as a yuri author himself, he seems to perceive the genre a little differently than most people I’ve seen commenting on mangadex.

He explains that to him yuri is closer to watching the relationship between two women that isn’t supposed to be seen by anyone else but then. Not that it explicitly has to be romantic or physical, but closer to the emotion connection making it yuri. I guess the people who voted this manga on YuriNavi must see it the same way, too (though, Miyazawa also says the soundtrack to Sicario is yuri, so take it however you want to).

Double-page supporter
@Xaelath

I am not sure why it's tagged as yuri here, it's tagged as subtext on dynasty which makes more sense.

Comicwalker seems to be a good reference as they seem to only tag yuri comics which are yuri based more on the western terminology for it. This manga is not tagged as yuri there. /shrug

@Palmfire

Well yeah, yuri in Japan covers a pretty damn wide spectrum from basically really close friends to explicit sexual relationships. As Xaelath mentioned yurinavi advertise really subtext or yuri crush manga, not purely girls in actual relationships. However, the ones that make it into the top polls are generally all lesbian relationships, like Bloom into You (no. 1 of course) Citrus, Vampeerz, Virgin's Empire, Hana ni Arashi are some examples.

@Babydel

Yeah, you’re right about that. I will say that this manga, “yuri” or not, does a great job of handling the emotional aspect of a relationship, which in quite a few yuri manga I read doesn’t happen. A lot of main characters thoughts exists primarily for the romance, and it can come off as one person thinking solely about the other ALL the time (which is what we saw at the start of this manga. I think diverging from that, and making characters seem more human because they have diverse though processes and emotions is why this manga is so great in general. Kinda like how Yagakimi being both a coming of age and romance made it so touching.

Dex-chan lover
@Palmfire
"Emotional aspect of relationship".
Maybe yes but mostly no.

Like someone mentioned here, friends aren't that stiff, yes there's drama and stuff but relationship are never supposed to be that melodramatic.

To be more human... That basically calling it realistic which already way too off chart for being realistic because it is all a fictional story. We all have relationship in our lives, but never I seen myself or someone else had this kind of relationship aside from that soap opera drama on TV.

tl;dr I don't think it does a good job handling an emotional aspect of relationship, I have seen better things about "emotional aspect of relationship".

@Babydel
Not sure about it either, because I did saw it as a Shoujo AI back a year ago or so.

Dynatsy tag was much specific.

The admin here only accept request based on uploader or translator for the tag.

Fed-Kun's army
this manga and it's incessant need on stupid melodrama... and man, does this author really like to exaggerate loneliness and such -_-

@Xaelath agreed, this manga does a terrible job at portraying or handling emotions in a relationship, especially if this is indeed meant to be just friends and not yuri... the author is way to obsessed with overblown drama and dragging things

many ppl already bringing up a lot of good points on how this manga is dragging, no idea what the plot is meant to be now, drama on drama, yuri bait, insane angst and so on... that whole dragged out arc where the two MCs could not just TALK to one another, man did that really bring down the manga from it's strong start :/

also meh to this kid, wasted chapter on his crush though at least it's kind clear Kaede sees him as a younger brother type. Glad that is cause isn't the boy like 13 while she's almost 18? no thanks to even thinking about some stupid romance there -_-

@Xaelath

You make a good point there. If I were to rephrase it, it’s more like within the context of the story, it’s emotionally realistic. Kinda like if you’re watching Naruto or something, it would be uncharacteristic of him not to spend AT LEAST two episodes trying to talk-no-Justu his enemy out of fighting him. Within the context of the characters and the story, I think that none of their actions are coming out of left field or anything like that. Of course this manga is still melodramatic, more so than most Ive read, but within that context, nothing seems glaringly unrealistic, at least to me.

Going to you point about how friends are, it’s important to remember that these are two shy high school girls that have never had a single friend before (Konatsu purposefully keeps people at arms-length, and Koyuki was placed seen as unreachable by her peers) If things weren’t awkward, it would be weird.

Honestly, how you perceive the story just depends on how you perceive fictional relationships in general. If this same scenario were to occur in reality, I would not expect the two peoples interactions and emotions to be much different than in this story, thus this story seems realistic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread