New features: 2 factor authentication and more genres added

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Teasday great changes to the way the tags are displayed. I especially like that if you switch from checkboxes to drop down, it actually remembers which tags you selected to include/exclude. I find looking at it that way is a much cleaner/more organized/compact way of displaying things when you've selected a lot of tags. well done.

@Teasday
There's an update to the tag search: you can now choose whether to use dropdowns or checkboxes. Dropdown behaviour was also changed a little to hopefully make it a bit less annoying to deal with.

Thank you for this, the checkbox is so much better.

Small note of lost functionality from the old search though: It used to have tickboxes for the demographics Shoujo/Josei/Seinen/Shounen, which I would use to exclude Shoujo/Josei and leave Seinen/Shounen/uncategoried to display as normal. This no longer seems to be possible.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Wedric posted:

Small note of lost functionality from the old search though: It used to have tickboxes for the demographics Shoujo/Josei/Seinen/Shounen, which I would use to exclude Shoujo/Josei and leave Seinen/Shounen/uncategoried to display as normal. This no longer seems to be possible.
While technically true, the demographic "genres" were deprecated and discouraged from being used months ago in favor of the separate Demographic setting. Their search results haven't been accurate ever since.

I agree that finetuning the Demographic option similarly to how the tags work now could be useful (complete with the and/or option), but truthfully so could the other options (Original language and Publication status at the moment, possibly with more coming), and I gotta say I'm hesitant to make the search queries increasingly more complex both for the sake of the UI as well as performance.

rdn has been working on a significant update to the search backend, so once we've got that rolling we'll re-examine our options .

Group Leader
since we have tags now for loli, shota, gyaru, and monster girls, can we get a tag for yandere too? its hard finding good yandere series to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread