NEW GAME! - Vol. 10 Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
This seems like the next arc is gonna be the final arc.... Please no. Let the fluffiness continue

IMO, this seems kinda bad for Aoba. She came so close in the first competition, somehow losing in the second one, and now just get picked without having to face anyone at all. I'm glad she gets the position, but this feels kinda unfair.

Group Leader
Hey guys, raw provider, cleaner, typesetter and editor here. Do you mind if I take a short break? The next chapters most likely won’t be released until Thursday, and I’m also preparing for my next project, which is a manga called ‘Comic Girls’, and I’m also allotting time to see if I can revive ‘ Stella no Mahou’.

P.S answering no = I’ll try to get another upload tomorrow. 😅

Dex-chan lover
Yall, not everything is a competition. Not everything should be.

@CookieMuncher we waited more than 100 days, we can wait more, we love you

PS= there´s an latin american scanlator named "patyscans" (.com) releasing comic girls but slowly, maybe it could be a joint project in both languages

KZO

Dex-chan lover
At leat Aoba is aware of Hifumi now, that's a sign the previous arc is really over for good.

Group Leader
@toberfam
It's not any less unfair than her loss to Momiji was. She didn't lose that because of a lack of skill or anything, she lost because Momiji's art happened to work better for what Hajime personally wanted and imagined.
This time, they already know exactly what they want to go for, and they know Aoba can do it, so why bother going through a competition when it'll just come down to personal preference again?
Though it IS really unfair to Yun who's gotten dicked over for story reasons to push Aoba and Momiji more than anything.

Double-page supporter
chosing a designer this early into the project seams like... a really bad idea, like very bad, yagami was away from the company for quite sometime and aoba losing the last competition and now getting places in charge without one seams unfair, i think aoba could do well on the project but yagami just chosing someone like that out of nowhere is really shitty move

@gabeboi @hanchobakery every artist has it's own style, even when its inspired in someone's art, maybe Kou feels Aoba's style is perfect for the project even if it's heavily guided by her

Group Leader
@doorken
That's what I'm saying. It's not a competition of skill, it's personal preference of who's art would be a better fit for what the imagined project is.

Fed-Kun's army
While the story driving it toward Aoba vs Momiji is definitely there, i don't think it's too far fetched that Yun's chances might have also suffered from being too close to Hajime. There is a lot of talk about Hifumi not growing or stepping up to the plate enough, and Yun getting bumped up the ladder for being a known quantity to the director is something that can happen when the alternative is someone who is capable but seems to be stuck in a rut.

ill agree with hanchobakery, this is not unfair to Momiji.. its Kou's personal preference and faith that makes Aoba the character designer just like the recent project.. Aoba's design is good yet Momiji won cause of the director's preference..
though it's done through competition, its always decided through preference..

Dex-chan lover
Most game studios I'm aware of would never pick the lead character designer as a public competition in the first place. That's just asking for interpersonal drama to turn toxic, even if it does generate excitement inside the studio.

Most of the time, in my experience, project leadership either knows who can do what the project needs or they just have multiple people do exploratory work until they find the right style and go from there. I don't have large studio experience, so some of this is also hearsay from friends.

The "pull you aside to let you know they're picking somebody else for the role" thing is VERY real though. It SUCKS but, like, it's also very important to communicate why they're going with somebody else and reassure about your role going forwards.

Feeel like Aboba is gonna be almost a burnout by over stressing herself all the time of trying to har dto live up to what she think si others xpectations to prove herself.

Users who are viewing this thread