NEW GAME! - Vol. 10 Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
It may technically not be unfair, it may be even more realistic, but considering how things regarding character design and the such have worked in the manga so far, it does feel unfair as hell and like a complete kick in the balls to both Momoji considering what she just said and even Yun after she arguably got robbed so hard in the latest arc. It's a big departure so of course it'll leave a bitter taste on some people's mouth.
The nonchalance with how Kou says it and then goes full damage control is what hurts the most honestly. It may not be nepotism because Aoba is not a newfag anymore, but you know...

Fed-Kun's army
The art style is so unstable, the previous chapter was like a shit and then come to this chapter like a masterpice. What's going on with the author!

@cptcourage
Say that again:

not to be rude or anything but I think there's a typo in the last speech bubble
isn't it supposed to be "I will do my best" not "I will so my best"

and I wonder if FS4 will go to more chaos art style because I think from the manga kou is best at fantasy design and only Aoba is sadistic enough to have element of chaos

Dex-chan lover
aoba is definitely going to overwork on it and have to be coached down, hopefully this time yagami keeps a closer eye and manages the team better

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMuncher Not to be rude, but even if you are doing a solo scanlation, you still should be more careful on proofreading. That's two chapters in a row mispelling Hajime's name, which is Shinoda, not Shimoda.

Dex-chan lover
People are talking it's unfair Aoba was auto selected...but I'm trying to remember..did Fairy story -ever- actually do competition for who is lead character design other than in the flashbacks when they were first making the game? As in...don't they only do competitions for -new- IPs? It wouldn't make sense to do competitions for Character design in a sequel franchise because then you risk the tone and feel of the game changing every time which...is actually really bad. So if the company is any bit intelligent they wouldn't have have a competition anyway, and just auto selected Kou, or had Kou and Hazuki pick who they think can handle the image best, even if Kou didn't become AD. Yun and Momiji will get their chance on the next project that isn't a sequel.

Dex-chan lover
All I know is that I'd much rather have Aoba as the MC of the manga again, whether it's ''realistic'' or not from an industry stand point. It's her journey I've been following from the beginning and it's through her eyes than I'd rather see the plot unfold. It's as simple as that.

thanks for the chapters
classic "I HAVE TO DO MY BEST" quote lol

Nene is good with the alcohol xd
Another reunion after game, I like so much, and now the next goal is FS4!

Dex-chan lover
All I know is that I'd much rather have Aoba as the MC of the manga again, whether it's ''realistic'' or not from an industry stand point. It's her journey I've been following from the beginning and it's through her eyes than I'd rather see the plot unfold. It's as simple as that.
True and IT IS REALISTIC this way, in fact a competition seems unhealthy at the long run, what if you keep losing over and over and over again ? Not because your skills but because your style didn't fit the game style? because that's exactly what happened here and also it's exactly what happened last time, I don't think Jun's design was inferior, but she didn't win, why? because of preferences so yeah.

I think the way Yagami handled the situation was exceptional, she made it clear so there shouldn't be problems... But Aoba was spying, I hope that doesn't backfires .-.) or at least I hope she gets to talk with Momiji about it sincerely and we avoid unnecessary frustration.

Also, thank you veeeery much for the translation!! It's 1000% okay to take breaks if needed.

Double-page supporter
it makes sense to not use a competition for a SEQUEL game

but man i totally agree about needing a season 3

Users who are viewing this thread