NEW GAME! - Vol. 9 Ch. 101

Supporter
@WillLi: Rin was the one who introduced the outsourcing company and therefore the crappy npc character designs, so just blame it all on her, muahahaha!👹 My memory might be fuzzy, but I believe Hazuki was monitoring the game's progress early on, with Christina fussing about almost everything. Perhaps leader Hazuki had enough confidence in this team's skills to let them self-actuate? This is a 'side' project, too, so though I don't remember if it's ever clearly shown what else Eagle Jump is working on as a main project, it's perhaps logical to assume the company's full resources and attention would not be available for Hajime's team.

Dex-chan lover
@Devlogger well again it's not like they did things totally wrong or super bad. It's just, the smart thing would've been to only change 1 or 2 positions, and make sure Rin was able to give people advice. Which Hazuki did have the power to change, so it's a demerit that she didn't. I understand that this was to test their ability, but there was a 'safer' way to do it without much extra cost.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I doubt Kou can save this manga but I'm willing to see her try. I'm gonna miss Sophie.

Kou-Chan is back!!! yeah, now just send Momoji and friend to France and we can go back to the good old days.

SJ7

Fed-Kun's army
Kou finally went back to be with her soulmate Aoba.

Supporter
@WillLi: Aha! Well, I think you understand what has happened now, or at least as much as I understand with my hinting. Could it be that some of these illogical occurrences are happening because of a certain plan, a subtle formula the author is using to conflate tension and unease within both his characters and his audience? Earlier chapters told more than those as of late; is this a diss to the author? It's not the first time this has happened though, to be sure.🧐 Then Kou shows up and all is well, or it seems to be anyways! I wonder what will happen in the chapter after the next one.

This outsourced company was introduced back in chapter 88, I think? Back then, the issue that the game character designs created by them might not mesh with what Hajime's team is coming up with themselves, was foreshadowed. I'm surprised though that said company wouldn't give the team some examples of their work for Eagle Jump's approval early on; so this last minute reveal of their crappy designs and the lack of time for improvement seems rather (in)convenient.

So much of the details of that are left out that I can't really blame anyone for getting that impression. Especially with how the outsourcing isn't even mentioned again until this chapter, so the first mention of them after they started was "their models are shit!"

But that's not quite what happened. They've been turning in work this entire time and its been fine. They're still turning in some work that is fine. It's just that after sudden increase in number of models ordered but no extension to the time they were given, a certain portion of the models they're sending in have started to be really rough.

Dex-chan lover
@Devlogger I think the reason for all this artificial tension the author used is because they wanted this to be a 'training arc'. So they wanted the situation to be stressful and dire at the end so they can 'over come their problems' and have 'earned' whatever new skills they come out of this arc with. Honestly the drama isn't needed, but more and more shounen readers are getting into this series, and they're used to "new powers come after hardship". At least that's what I think the author is thinking.

Yeah this was weird and scatterbrained, but I still like the characters and appreciate the TL. Maybe things can be straightened out and put on a clearer path for the next arc.

Fed-Kun's army
"I want you, Yagami Kou."

Finally, the series' Yuri status has jumped from Hinting and Teasing to Official.

Group Leader
I'm glad they're showing the issues of outsourcing.
We hear a lot about those issues on gaming news, but we never really see what these issues entail during production.

Supporter
@mogu: Yep, I remember Yun mentioning that this unnamed outsource company has given them decent results before, and it's one that Rin recommended. What stood out to me however is that it's not explicitly stated what additional work this company is taking on which is hindering their performance to such a degree that they make absolutely no adjustment to the design of a flagged character, upon the request of the (one of?) company that is employing them, Eagle Jump; well, I take that back, the arms were tilted some, lol. It would be one thing if the additional work in question was also requisitioned by Eagle Jump, but without the source being defined, it seems like this company is prioritizing another company's needs over Eagle Jump; this is also fine, but too nebulous without being explained even just a little. The result feels like a forced element of conflict.

@WillLi: I agree to most of that, but I think it would have been more impactful if at least one of the active members of Hajime's team had come up with viable solutions. Having Kou come in all Deus ex machina, as was pointed out, seems lazy; especially since the effect she provides is ultimately...well, I'll stop there, heh. It's almost like the author had planned on extending and expounding upon this particular story arc, but his own, real-world deadlines were looming on the horizon, haha. I think Aoba and Momo served admirably, Yun performed notably, and everyone else did adequately, overall.

Yeah, it's never really specifically explained, so it does kind of come off like they've taken on another project and are deprioritizing the Eagle Jump work.

You kind of have to imply from context that the "sudden influx of extra work" was probably Hajime's sudden decision to increase the number of characters.

Though on the other hand the increased character count ended up only requiring one extra model per team. Though I have to wonder, just how many teams are there that it's swamped the entire outsource company's production line on top of their entire in-house team? They seemed to be on a nice pace with a reasonable schedule before the change, after all. Its not like they were barely making the deadline and so now have to fit a bunch more work into the same amount of time. I can understand it causing a certain amount of crunch, but is it really enough extra models to cause it to that degree?

It's meant to be a small project, so I can't imagine there being an absurd amount of teams in it. But that's another thing we're never given a single bit of infornation about.

Yagami: Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApCLbgAE5E

Aoba is my source of motivation reading this, and seeing her fall this far after her glorious 'shit' on peco, I start to feel insecure.
She looks more and more like a mob chara. 😭

Just when i thought aoba will handle some shit that company do, while her friends meet the company directly and tell them the things. And author suddenly do shit like "Let's sent kou back to japan"

Can Yagami really save a sinking ship known as Eagle Jump?

Yagami really be carrying this company lmao

Users who are viewing this thread