Nichiasa Suki no Otaku ga Akuyaku Seito ni Tenseishita Kekka, Hametsu Flag ga Houkaishiteiku Ken ni Tsuite - Ch. 9 - Gekigeki! My exciting fighting s…

Dex-chan lover
Can someone with martial arts experience confirm if you can really reach someone faster using your knees instead your legs and arms?
It's not really specifically knees, but if you tighten up your stance and focus on smaller movements, it's much harder for a clone controller to read and space from his pov. The unfamiliar fighting style further compounds this, and imagination covers the rest.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with manga tokusatsu is that you can't really get a feel for the motions. It can be drawn incredibly well and still not portray the charm and style that it wants to show. The author is clearly doing his best, but it's a flaw in the concept rather than the execution. Still, if you read the series while imagining everything in motion, it makes it a whole lot better. That being said, HAHA SUCKS TO BE THE PROTAGONIST.

Dex-chan lover
There's no doubt about it now; the chapters are getting lesser and lesser drawn quality. Did the artist lose all of his assistants out of nowhere?
Shame cause the first few chapters were good quality man.

Dex-chan lover
The wn is the same. I read until chapter 400 or so and the action scenes are some of the weakest part of the story.
I've just read up to the first Interlude (Claire) and I have to say... (Big Spoilers) I'm feeling sorry for her. She got out of a horrible arranged marriage situation with a disgusting person, thought she was free...only to eventually loop right back into that same horrible situation only with a different face on the other end. The poor girl eventually gets so broken she doesn't care WHO frees her, be they hero or villain, so long as they free her from this shitty cycle. "I am a bird in a cage. A picture in a frame. I can't go anywhere, I can't do anything. Perhaps because I once dreamed of freedom, a dark despair fills the depths of my heart. Anyone is fine. Nobles, heroes, demons, destroyers, anyone is fine. So please... take me out of this cage...!"

Brutal.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Too bad for the isekai'ed self-proclaimed MC, he forgot there is such a thing as NTR in manga, anime and games :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
Good thing the hero was such a social recluse in his previous life. Has no idea how to talk to a girl except through dating-sim games.
The manga didn't show it but in the WN we do get to see the other reincarnators interacting with each other and boy they aren't any better.

I just went to check the manga artist's Twitter, there is a huge gap in his TL between April and June, apparently he just recovered from health issue when chapter 8 was released. Not sure if this also affected this chapter's release.

Dex-chan lover
I've just read up to the first Interlude (Claire) and I have to say... (Big Spoilers) I'm feeling sorry for her. She got out of a horrible arranged marriage situation with a disgusting person, thought she was free...only to eventually loop right back into that same horrible situation only with a different face on the other end. The poor girl eventually gets so broken she doesn't care WHO frees her, be they hero or villain, so long as they free her from this shitty cycle. "I am a bird in a cage. A picture in a frame. I can't go anywhere, I can't do anything. Perhaps because I once dreamed of freedom, a dark despair fills the depths of my heart. Anyone is fine. Nobles, heroes, demons, destroyers, anyone is fine. So please... take me out of this cage...!"

Brutal.
At least she still alive, unlike Rush. Normally in these reincarnated as the villain stories the "villain" often do the exact same thing as the heroes and then wonder why the characters grew attached to them instead of the original heroes and they basically switch place. The thing I like the most about this novel is how the game story went off the rail fast. The first hero guy even manage to make thing worse by choosing the same option he did as in game.

Dex-chan lover
Action is very hard to write and draw. The ideas are strong, but you need more than ideas to make action work. It requires a real sense of timing and space.
The character stuff here is honestly more fun. It's a story we've seen a whole bunch, but its charming because of the main character's enthusiasm and good nature. The IT'S A GAME thing is confined to the antagonist's perspective, which means we don't get interruptions about stats and affection levels when we're learning about people. It's fun to follow and more satisfying for it, and there's a bit of theme there where the antagonist who only sees the people of this world as NPCs following scripts has been foiled because he refuses to actually get to know anyone or think in terms of people doing things.
Hearing this is one of those 1000 chapter LNs doesn't give me much hope, though. It'll probably be a fun ride until it isn't
1000 chapter WN. Big difference.
Mangas are usually adaptations of LN, which polishes the flaws you see in WN

Users who are viewing this thread