Nido Tensei shita Shounen wa S-Rank Boukensha Toshite Heion ni Sugosu: Zense ga Kenja de Eiyuu Datta Boku wa Raise dewa Jimi ni Ikiru - Ch. 20 - A Pa…

Wait.... The guild refused to put up an extermination request for a super dangerous monster that was in the demon forest and has been shown to come out and attack nearby villages because the victims of the attack didn't put up enough money? I'm sorry? We just saw the guild throw up a quest with no approval throwing out relatively massive pay-outs for every corpse of an undetermined number of monsters because maybe merchants will get scared of using the road if the monsters are killed in 2 days instead of 1 day. I'm not saying the guild needs to front the cost to kill every monster, that'd be ridiculous, but this monster will wipe out villages and you won't even just put up the request with the B-rank payment in hopes that some generous A-lister might help out? Seriously?

Dex-chan lover
Now here's another kind of fake B ranker.

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
tumpah-tumpah coy!!

btw he's practically FAKE b rank in the first place
he's just too stupid to understand that

@shanoc5902
lol, the guild help the merchant, because they are merchant with boatload of $$$$$$$$$$
i doubt they've changed, still shitty.
of course they're shitty not because of greed, it's just how the world work (you need $$$, monster hunt is dangerous, nobody wants to do it nilly willy since the adventurer also need to risk their lives unless you're a hero or bored OP person like mc) still shitty though.
there's at least some kind of "loan" or other system used, but hey, they are in medieval and death is NORMAL. not to mention their literacy and education is shit

actually at least the local lord should protect them though, not those adventurer guild. kinda weird having a frontier village in dangerous zone without any protection

@shanoc5902 well the road was supposed to be one that merchants can use, so since there's profit to be made, they have to secure the area, unlike the town where there's not even an adventurers guild

Dex-chan lover
@shanoc5902 : The guild only cares about their bottom line, the monster's on the road were a threat to future profits, one monster in an out of the way village was not. The forest clearing is being paid for by someone, if her village was being ignored or just reduced priority it likely means whoever is paying for that area (local lord or nation as a whole) determined the taxes from the village were not enough to justify the cost, not enough resources for the deforestation means hey will defiantly not pay for extermination.

It is a bad mindset, but an understandable one if they are in a losing battle with the forest, or you have someone who just only thinks short term and ignores the long term costs in favor of the short term savings.

Dex-chan lover
I just started reading this and I dont get it.

He's lived two full lives, one where he reached the pinnacle of magic, and one where he reached the pinnacle of swordsmanship. Everyone around him is mindlessly weak by comparison which he constantly witnesses.

But he still goes 'oh my gosh, I'm so weak teehee' and looks up to people like Org. What causes every mangaka to write such uncompelling and braindead MCs?

Dex-chan lover
Fake. Fake supaman. He fakes his rank (by telling people he's low ranked). faker.

Users who are viewing this thread