Nidome no Yuusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Laugh at the second chance's world [Last part]

Double-page supporter
Eh, the art kinda sucks. The way the MC laughs is so weird. I'll just stick around to see if the plot plays out well enough to stick around for.

Fed-Kun's army
Thats so me on the last page, I could never choose a name for myself, im way too self conscious of that stuff

Fed-Kun's army
It would've seriously made more sense to just kill her. Is always seems like in these revenge stories that the betrayal opens up a sadistic side of the MC and entourage.

@elroy79 nah, it wouldn't make more sense to kill her. Think about the rage he felt, being betrayed by his closest "allies". Obviously, he'd prolly break and become much more sadistic- and wish to repay the pain he felt tenfold.

Fed-Kun's army
@LikeASkurn,

I disagree. Rage is not the only emotion one feels when betrayed. There are a collection of emotions one can feel. Rage, extreme fury usually resorts in immediate action taken. Sure, he did that with his reaction to her when he appeared. He satisfied that to some degree, you could argue the other emotions serve to keep the anger festering, but the anger wouldn't be the bigger of the emotions. It really depends on the person.

Either way, I said it would've made more sense because his reaction already changed history. He can no longer go off of his memories of how things would happen, logically speaking anyway, the author, of course as usual in these types of stories, can pull anything out of thin air to frame the structure of the story. From a strategic perspective, he should've killed her so she would cause no more problems for him as he dealt with his other enemies. It's obviously, she's the primary one. He should've got her out of the way. Instead, he's being sadistic wanting to prolong her torture as you admit, tenfold. That's sadistic, that has nothing to do with getting justice.

@elroy79 It’s true that rage doesn’t necessarily have to be the only or even the strongest emotion that you’d feel when you’ve been betrayed. However, take a look at the situation. He’s been betrayed and KILLED by his comrades who he’s spent years with trying to achieve a major goal. After achieving their goal, what does he get? A sword to the fucking heart. I’m not saying that how mad you become is always based on the magnitude of the betrayal. But rage being the bigger emotion here makes the most sense, unless you’re like an angel or some shit. I totally think that the way of portraying his sadism might be edgy as fuck and honestly far fetched, but I definitely disagree that becoming a sadist is unrealistic. He let her live tho... honestly that’s stupid as hell lmao

plus if the majority of mangas actually made sense, majority of them would probably be axed so quickly for a lack of content lol. Just read this manga and enjoy it, and drop it if you think it sucks.

Fed-Kun's army
@LikeASkurn,

I respectfully disagree,

Becoming a sadist in these situations is quite unrealistic. People get betrayed all the time in some form of fashion. Of course in these revenge stories they turn up the betrayal to over 100 and always have the MC come back and leave most of his betrayers, especially the female ones, alive for sadistic purposes, even if they become a love interest later. (Looking at you, Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaosh, etc.) I don't think people would do that. I get that to him the betrayal seemed to happen immediately and then he was returned to the past. He was still in a moment of raw emotion so he acted on it without thought, if we ignore the introspection in chapter one which I suspect is supposed to mean he went insane. Overall, my point is everyone will not resort to sadism or complete rage. People are dynamic creatures, they respond to things differently, although we all have the same emotions and those responses will bear some similarities. Most people will have some moral principles they fall back on that shaped who they are. The betrayal will have to be so mind breaking that it opens up a path for them to turn their back on who they were before it just to become sadistic and pyscopathic. Meaning something in their mind, their very being, their inner core broke and went wrong. I'm not saying that can't happen, but when every Revenge manga almost does the same thing then....yeah. Point being, the average person is not sadistic, sociopathic, or psychopathic. The latter two being mental disorders. That's what I'm trying to convey to you here, so it's absolutely not realistic that in almost every revenge manga, the MC turns into just as much a villain (sociopaths and pyschopaths aren't always villain-like) as the people they're supposed to be fighting. They become far more sadistic, half the time, than their enemies, even with the author tries to go out of their way to make the MC's enemies seem like over the top vile people.

Stories can make sense. It's the fact we have so many that don't, and that becomes our standard that we believe that while creating stories and thinking through their plots, character motivations, organic reasons for character actions, character emotions, overall world building, etc. won't allow for an entertaining story. Stuff like this works because people like it, no offense to them, just like Isekais develop tropes and formulas because they sell and people indulge in it until they get tired of the same thing over and over again. Authors and creators who produce in a sort of corporate environment and need to eat, have a place to sleep, and aren't willing to test the waters will rinse and repeat what works and sells. That's all. This is the same for any genre, American Superhero genre had formulas until someone came along and challenged it and changed it up and then that became the new formula.

Sorry to be so long winded here, but I don't think it would've been a problem to just have the MC finish her off. She only survived because of forced plot reasons and the justification for it seems to be that MC has gone crazy and therefore lost himself and his previous morals and has opened himself up to doing whatever. Of course, I haven't read the rest of the chapters to prove this point, but I've read enough Revenge manga, well the first few chapters, to know that's the standard formula for these stories. My opinion is people gravitate to them because they see it as something different from standard formulas in other genres and so here we are.

Edited: Actually I have read most of the chapters in this manga because it was often recommended as one of the premiere Revenge mangas over others. Refreshing my memory with a cursory skim, yeah, he turns into pretty much a villain and dropped whatever moral principles he had prior to his betrayal like I said. All in that one instance of betrayal he suddenly becomes a sadist. There's no internal conflict with his previous moral makeup over his new moral guidelines. None. He's kind of turned into a psychopath overnight. I argue that's entirely unrealistic, the average pysche, average mind, doesn't work that way and no, I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, just have years of experience interacting with people. Enough to realize people are far more dynamic than character genre checkboxes allow them to be. The world is full of traumatic events, people go through crazy things all the time and most bounce back while others don't and have a variety of responses.

Overall, don't get me wrong. I don't hate a good revenge story. When done right the audience can definitely get behind the MC and embrace their quest to bring some comeuppance, but Revenge Mangas, J-Novels, etc......eeehh.😐

Revenge is cool and all but this is just retarded. There's no point if he's killing them in the past where they haven't done anything yet.

It would be understandable at least if they were already planning to backstab him from the start but there weren't any hints shown that would suggest that, so he's just a crazy murderer at his point.

Aggregator gang
@Pxlaris
73153255.jpg

This dude just went crazy immediately, it doesn’t make much sense. It would be more understandable if he was locked in a rape dungeon for 4 years or something, but it seems like a regular betrayal here.

Dex-chan lover
So bad it's good, eh? At least the art is a good 7/10 so I might read this to Ch11. The MC went straight up to violence without any setup or preparation, and that's a bad choice especially at such a weak power level.

Here's to hoping that a backstory for MC and his "comrades" is established, solidifying to the reader's minds the reason for their revenge (aside from "betrayal stabby oh nooo"). Welp, lesgo

Dex-chan lover
Honestly from a NG+ perspective, it would've been smarter to pretend to buy into their bullshit so they'd at least give him some starting equipment and funding.

Dex-chan lover
I love when In revenge stories like this even when the mc is ruthless and don't care the still have emotions like these at times when they get alone and think

Users who are viewing this thread