Nihonkoku Shoukan - Ch. 41 - Airstrike Begins

Aggregator gang
Japan doesn't have nukes tho? Also, tactical nukes are a joke.

little spoil from LN : "Not yet"
but in reality Japan is one of those country that have Plutonium stockpile too much. If Japan want to make nuke it estimate time is 1/2 - 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
I hope eventually Japan bites off more than it can chew in this, and end up in an even fight against someone whose tech they don't understand fully.

Because so far it's been the Nation State equivalent of "if I got reincarnated in a medieval peasant society my Highschool education would make me a genius."

The writing, individual characters, and art are good, but I hope there's more to the plot in the end than just wish fulfillment for frustrated expansionists.
This is a wish-fulfilling manga, but starting the whole of Japan. But even a wish fulfillment manga will have struggles that the MC will need to overcome, so I think they will eventually have an enemy that has much more fire power. And I think it will be magic.

Thanks for another chapter... they trickle out slowly so I've forgotten, but are the logistics hand-waved or supported? I vaguely recall that the entire island of Japan came over to this world- along with its military- and that is supposed to handwave concerns about logistics like fuel, ammo, personnel, etc. But IRL Japan's fuel is 97% imported and 99.9% military hardware imported. Was this addressed already?

Dex-chan lover
I see the fighter is also loaded with the AAM-5 which I think is IR guided, did the enemy force have anything that generated enough heat for that to lock on to?
Or did they load with unecesary weight?
I think modern FOX-2s can track prop planes, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can track wyverns.

I see the fighter is also loaded with the AAM-5 which I think is IR guided, did the enemy force have anything that generated enough heat for that to lock on to?
Or did they load with unecesary weight?

Unless they actually can "see" the wyverns, which I assume are cold-blooded, tho maybe not enough.
The wyvern can shoot a hot fireball from its mouth thou.
I mean like even though if they are cold blood, their mouth is hot enough to be locked by the infrared missile.

Dex-chan lover
Because they can't be used. If you use one on the battlefield, you're gonna end up contaminating your own troops too.

Troops get "contaminated" but during cold war basically all health reasoning behind air burst tactical nukes was handwaved with with "if nukes help troops achieve their goal in immediate future it doesn't matter if they die of cancer at age 50 instead of some 'natural' causes at age 70".

Dex-chan lover
Japan is considered as a nation with nuclear capabilities in the basement. Basically Japan could create nuclear weapons if they wanted to because they have the technology and money to do so. However of course they don't do it.

Also Tactical Nukes are feasible especially if you airburst them. A nuke's radiation does not stay long after if its an airburst because there are less particles picked up if the nuke was burst in the air. An example would be Hiroshima and Nagasaki (which were airburst), just a decade or so after the explosion the city was safe again to be lived on by people and even now radiation is more or less comparable to a place without a nuke exploding.
And compare this with Chernobyl which the nuclear reactor exploded in the ground. The radiation could take more that a century to be gone.

Aggregator gang
who's signing off on this when we know unguided bombs which are cheap and cannon fire from the jets can shred wyverns and we saw a jsdf destroyer use it's cannon to melt a fleet allready lol

Dex-chan lover
shang-tsung-it-has-begun.gif

Supporter
Thanks for another chapter... they trickle out slowly so I've forgotten, but are the logistics hand-waved or supported? I vaguely recall that the entire island of Japan came over to this world- along with its military- and that is supposed to handwave concerns about logistics like fuel, ammo, personnel, etc. But IRL Japan's fuel is 97% imported and 99.9% military hardware imported. Was this addressed already?
In previous chapters they have started importing oil and food from other countries in exchange for installing new infrastructure. They kind of gloss over how fast it happens.

Maybe this is supposed to be cold war era Japan, so there should be a LOT of stockpiled ammo in country to burn though while they switch over to local production. But those jets are going to start breaking down fast.

Contributor
according to LN : Wyvern have organ for generate fireball that have high heat signature. Allowing Fox-1 tracking.
Thank you
FOX-1 are radar, so that makes sence.
However, FOX-2's have apparently gotten so good at tracking IR, they can apparently track the heat on the fusilage created by air friction, so might be able to map down to the temps of the wyvern bodies, but in this case, as you said it only need the flame sac.

Users who are viewing this thread