Nihonkoku Shoukan

Aggregator gang
Japan when made a teenage boy isekaied story is full of magic, explosion, flashy sword play can cut buildings into three, demons with laser beam, powerful dragons, humans who can shot arrow from 200km, jump 10 stories buildings and shot another nuclear explosion. Full of fantasy things.

Japan when made a JSDF isekaied story is the world have no magic, or a magic that basically useless, or only main characters who can wield them, no demons with laser, no powerful dragons, no super humans, no sword can cut bricks. In short, when JSDF involved in isekai the world suddenly became a middle ages world with only wyvern and perhaps some dragons as their fantasy elements versus guns and rockets.

This ain't bad, kills time pretty well. 7/10 since the art could use work and I don't find the story that interesting since I've read GATE but not bad, not bad at all

Double-page supporter
I checked the raws. This appears to be a bimonthly manga so don’t expect it to progress fast.

It seems the translation group also understand this point and only translate when there are sizable number of chapters.

The art style is not the problem of this manga but facial expression and narration are greatly in need of refinement.

I found a light novel with a similar premise to this one. Except it has Canada and the United States ISOT to a fantasy world. But it doesn’t seem to be translated yet. Could someone tell me what it is about?
https://syosetu.org/novel/194659/#fmenu

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder what happened to the 8 American Military bases on Japan and the Ryukyu Islands; there's some pretty serious American firepower, there...
(3rd Marine Division, 2 Air Force bases, and usually at least 12 US Navy vessels; since Japan doesn't actually have any Aircraft Carriers...)

Contributor
This seems like the author really wanted to put Japan in a situation where the JSDF is not only the strongest force there is, but also to make it so they’re not the aggressors and, therefore, they can justify self-defense. But in the end, they’re still doing nothing but massacring easy targets.

tl;dr like GATE, but even more of the Japanese propaganda

Dex-chan lover
@hachimaaan
Is this Similar to Gate but darker?
That about sum's it up.
Except these medieval guys are more full of themselves. JSDF is also playing the united forces playbook, used against Iraq. A bit of shock and awe, but more like "Awe-shit"effect.

Double-page supporter
latest

>military isekai
>self-defense army
oh come on, their doctrine alone makes it the least interesting army defense force to be written as a fiction power fantasy. Why not go the extra mile and transport the empire of Japan or any other country? We know its a thin-layered nationalist propaganda anyway so why not double down and have your fictional Japan revoke article (18?) and go full colonial?

@Seraphus
Oh yeah the marines are conveniently forgotten huh

Peopl thrashing this one instead of getting butt hurt why don't you go draw your own country manga propaganda

Users who are viewing this thread