Nimotsu Mochi no Nousuji Musou - Ch. 9.2

Dex-chan lover
... Does dipshit not realize that his "definition" of a hero also applies to the demon king? Or even just really successful serial killers? Like, I'm sure that, collectively, you could apply all those things to someone like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy.
Probably doesn't care. I get the feeling he would do such things if it was in his power and would achieve his goals.

Hey, did it ever get explained how his party was being buffed? MC had a handle on logistics, aid items, etc. But he didn't use buff items on the regular, so they shouldn't be knocked all the way back to "lvl 1" tier abilities, or am I remembering wrong?

Dex-chan lover
... Does dipshit not realize that his "definition" of a hero also applies to the demon king? Or even just really successful serial killers? Like, I'm sure that, collectively, you could apply all those things to someone like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy.
Depends if the original text uses "yuusha" or "eiyuu".

A "yuusha" would fall under his definition, an "eiyuu" would not and is the classic hero.

Edit: a "yuusha" is literally translated as a "brave" or "brave warrior". Goodness or nobility not required. Nobility as in a noble heart.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That moment when you realize that you're trash tier, but still refuse to say it out loud.

Dex-chan lover
:boomer:these hero party idiots can't even realized how weak they are...
it's almost kinda sad...

:huh: well, denial can only get them so far, i hope someone give them a good trashing soon so that they can get a reality check.
Dunning Kruger effect is one hell of a bias.

Dex-chan lover
I thought Leon's bit was he immediately knew he wanted to pin the issues on Ruck, but I guess he doesn't know who the "jealous buffer" actually is.

I wonder if this is just the start of them getting further and further away from Ruck, as they try to find out how far the "buffing" reaches, when the answer is everything's gonna seem buffed so it doesn't matter how far out they go.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if I like that the Hero party is this weak that even a supposed weak enemy like horned rabbits are too tough for them to defeat, or maybe it's just that the horn is too strong? Either way, for me it's unbelievable that they're this weak to begin with. They could've portrayed it much better that they're using too much of their strength and energy to defeat fairly medium enemies.
this is going too far with how weak they are since the weakest monsters are usually so weak even children can kill them
Have to agree. While i do think they need a rather strong attitude adjustment, the author has unjustly nerfed the abilities of the Hero's party into the ground. Even taking the MC's weak assed party buff into account. I would argue that it shouldn't be a factor as it was before he met the Amulet Crafter and at its weakest level. Oh sure they would gain some benefit from it, but not so great it would make them weaker then fucking children without it.

Aggregator gang
Probably doesn't care. I get the feeling he would do such things if it was in his power and would achieve his goals.

Hey, did it ever get explained how his party was being buffed? MC had a handle on logistics, aid items, etc. But he didn't use buff items on the regular, so they shouldn't be knocked all the way back to "lvl 1" tier abilities, or am I remembering wrong?
Chapter 6.1 when he was re-appraised, Ruck found out he actually acquired a skill two years called "Turtle's Blessing" that passively buffs the party based on how much skill holder is carrying. For a normal person, that skill's buff is negligibly small, but since Ruck's unique skill is "Luggage Carrier", with his significantly increased carry capacity, the buff was actually substantial. From chapter 1, Ruck said he's been in the part for two and a half years, so the party had been buffed by him for 80% of the time he's been with them.

Aggregator gang
Have to agree. While i do think they need a rather strong attitude adjustment, the author has unjustly nerfed the abilities of the Hero's party into the ground. Even taking the MC's weak assed party buff into account. I would argue that it shouldn't be a factor as it was before he met the Amulet Crafter and at its weakest level. Oh sure they would gain some benefit from it, but not so great it would make them weaker then fucking children without it.
The amulets stat gain is separate from the skill that made the party stronger. A skill he gained half a year after joining the hero's party called "Turtle's Blessing", buffs the party based on how much he's carrying. Since Ruck is a Luggage Carrier with large carry capacity, the buff he provided was actually significant, but none of them knew about it since they didn't get Ruck re-appraised.

Dex-chan lover
I am interested as to your thoughts about Ruck -- on a scale of 1 to Pinocchio, how "on the nose" do you feel the author was with his choice of name? [Ruck -> Carrier -> rucksack]
I wouldn't focus on the Ruck part, more than the full name part.
His name was the most weird batshit thing I've ever seen, his full name, only mentioned twice, one in chapter 1 and when Cloe confronted him; was Ruck Storage.

[Ruck Storage]

Motherfucker was destined to be a carrier before they even knew his talent, probably because of inheritence trait.

The author could've done that as a trait of the world, like actually medievian fantasy setting that gets their last name based on traits/family history (Mason, Jackson, Smithson). But dude just decided it just works with Ruck, so definitely a Pinocchio on the nose.

Also that's how in the chapter where he met Alicia, we can add in a "I've made quite the ruckus" lol

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 6.1 when he was re-appraised, Ruck found out he actually acquired a skill two years called "Turtle's Blessing" that passively buffs the party based on how much skill holder is carrying. For a normal person, that skill's buff is negligibly small, but since Ruck's unique skill is "Luggage Carrier", with his significantly increased carry capacity, the buff was actually substantial. From chapter 1, Ruck said he's been in the part for two and a half years, so the party had been buffed by him for 80% of the time he's been with them.
Isn't it a x20 x30 buff or am I tripping.
80% is like, what. From a 100 strength to 180 strength? That's quite unsignificant

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't focus on the Ruck part, more than the full name part.
His name was the most weird batshit thing I've ever seen, his full name, only mentioned twice, one in chapter 1 and when Cloe confronted him; was Ruck Storage.

[Ruck Storage]

Motherfucker was destined to be a carrier before they even knew his talent, probably because of inheritence trait.

The author could've done that as a trait of the world, like actually medievian fantasy setting that gets their last name based on traits/family history (Mason, Jackson, Smithson). But dude just decided it just works with Ruck, so definitely a Pinocchio on the nose.

Also that's how in the chapter where he met Alicia, we can add in a "I've made quite the ruckus" lol
You're the TL? I both love and hate the "Ruck in a ruckus" line. Is "Storage" translated from JP or was it written as"Storage" in the raws?

One thing curious about is does his ex party use, "yuusha" or "eiyuu" when they're talking about a hero?

Aggregator gang
Isn't it a x20 x30 buff or am I tripping.
80% is like, what. From a 100 strength to 180 strength? That's quite unsignificant
Maybe I could have worded it better, but what I was saying is the buff was active for 80% of the time he was in the party, I was describing duration it was active, not strength of the buff. The exact effectiveness of the buff wasn't stated, just that since his carry capacity is 30x a normal person, his buff would be 30x what a normal person with the skill would provide. She did say people with the buff would become "incredibly strong" though.

Dex-chan lover
You're the TL? I both love and hate the "Ruck in a ruckus" line. Is "Storage" translated from JP or was it written as"Storage" in the raws?

One thing curious about is does his ex party use, "yuusha" or "eiyuu" when they're talking about a hero?
英雄, Eiyuu.

Storage is translated.

Dex-chan lover
The amulets stat gain is separate from the skill that made the party stronger. A skill he gained half a year after joining the hero's party called "Turtle's Blessing", buffs the party based on how much he's carrying. Since Ruck is a Luggage Carrier with large carry capacity, the buff he provided was actually significant, but none of them knew about it since they didn't get Ruck re-appraised.
Hence why I said it was at it's weakest. Even if they were receiving his "Turtle's Blessing" for the last two years, it was while he still had the carrying capacity of a first tier "Baggage Carrier".

That also doesn't negate the many years of combat experience and the equipment they obtained during their careers. Sure it wouldn't be as easy to kill things, but that doesn't mean they would suddenly become weaker then children. So rather then being S Rank individuals they would drop to something like a low B or high C Ranked adventurers.

Conversely Mio should be breaking rocks with her bare hands and able to dodge projectiles. The Blessing she is receiving from Ruck is several orders of magnitudes greater then the one the heroes party recieved.

Dex-chan lover
Hence why I said it was at it's weakest. Even if they were receiving his "Turtle's Blessing" for the last two years, it was while he still had the carrying capacity of a first tier "Baggage Carrier".

That also doesn't negate the many years of combat experience and the equipment they obtained during their careers. Sure it wouldn't be as easy to kill things, but that doesn't mean they would suddenly become weaker then children. So rather then being S Rank individuals they would drop to something like a low B or high C Ranked adventurers.

Conversely Mio should be breaking rocks with her bare hands and able to dodge projectiles. The Blessing she is receiving from Ruck is several orders of magnitudes greater then the one the heroes party recieved.
I would say that the current strength of the ex-party has less to do with their actual combat level and more to do with their 'hubris', and the fact that they're so used to the buff that they just try to beat things down through sheer overpower rather than technique.

Users who are viewing this thread