Ningyohime no Gomen ne Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Most things in the ocean eat fish. That's one of the odd things about mermaids depicted in media-- they are never really shown eating, cuz that would make you wonder what they eat.

Could they just be eating seaweed? Maybe, but that might not be enough to sustain them. And I can't imagine them chasing down krill like whales.

I guess what I want is to see a mermaid eating the fish around her without regrets. Because what's the point of crying after every meal? You eat to live, no matter what it is you're eating.

End of ridiculously over-serious rant on a comedy manga lol

Well, I can raise a chicken and call it my friend. But if it goes old I'll just turn it into chicken burger.
It's not like she is eating another mermaid.

since the mystical underwater, cowrs? that not only photosynthesize, but also can talk to fish were alrdy mentioned by some1 else, imma ignore that one, [(skit? i think)] of king altria curryaquaman being mildly annoyed when one of the friends he sorta grew up with died for, i think he got murdered or something reason, yeah, like i tried to state earlier i will now ignore whatever it was.

now then, would any1 like to analyze the fact that the fish kingdom of this comic is fully of sea grass eating, whatever they are, and they discriminate against not self aware marine plant life, and like, whales that eat, crayfish or w/e, idrc, i just want some1 out there to type up a thesis about how fish discriminate against plants and / or something along those lines, edit

srry, i forgot something, é - i meant to add that the whole ocean WALL Evampires, r against human abduction of fish for commercial ,i forget the word, srry got distracted, w/e * i think it was profit qq

like, theoretically, if deep see creatures had the awareness, maybe as much as depicted in this narrative, but much more than people believe they do irl, they would most likely be against the trafficking, of well, mostly fish(this may or may not include sharks, b/c majorities r louder, and even though killing sharks for money is some of the worst large scale animal cruelty on earth rn, as far as any1 _ somewhat involved or searched it up on bing or w/e, they all know that humans will never care about how horrible they are towards sharks, something something you don't lol care so i don't either i guess? any1 reading this is busy being unproductive so like-), but also whales and dolphins, and things by humans for monetary gain, since despite more regulation in the current era, humans still fish too much, even though fish is also less healthy as a food source, and theit value has dropped across the board, and will continue too, even as certain endangered species get banned from certain markets, creating newer, less legal markets, idk what im even saying this dumb lol, regardless- people that basically do not invest in the fish market, will try to tell people that humans have been, and continue to be bad for underwater ecosystems since prob b4 even the industrial revolution, and that we need to change, they r correct, which helps them gain good rep and basically alot of positives for pointing out obvious problems that usually know one gives any damns about, and even if they do, it is somewhat harmful to be obsessed, so even if alot of ppl know, they keep it out of their lives, but it does raise 'awareness' and is good pr, meanwhile, they people getting rich mining water for aquatic food, will lobby , and spend all the money lobbying, so that they can practice destructive behavior for the investors, sounds like the oil industry qq, well, in that case if you want an idea of the commercial fishing industry then just think of the oil mining industry, they look very similar, esp if you take off ur glasses, since red oil barrels are just sparrowscooked lobster, while shiny blue oil barrels appear to be poisonous crayfish if you don't squint hard enough, the end gn_

EDIT\ forgot to add that i do believe the soviet giant squid appears to be a bit tiny in, like, all the panels, hf.

off topic but, i live landlocked, so i don't rly know much about fish, however for any of you that actually is seaing this current part, my personal; opinion is that of_ if ur gonna like eat or cook, chicken that do not has heavy genetic modification, or special trees, and the like, they you should make sure that the ingredient that matter are made well and properly, since bad tasting food is an insult to the dead life that would have dead to become worthless, or rather, at least properly season with salt, paper, and don't burn, or have bad knife cutting, w/e it called, if for example the, specimen is raw or lethal,

@toratsubasa Mero from Monster Musume saw no problem with eating fish. There was a mermaid princess in Elf Life (no longer online) who has rather voracious about eating sea life.

Dex-chan lover
so this is actually a horror story about a princess who becomes a serial killer to her own citizens

Contributor
@IJustMadeThisToComment Not really, we eat pork and beef and lamb all the time, and I've never heard anyone shout, eating mammals are wrong. As such, no reason why mermaids won't eat fish.
And yes, even if pigs can talk, I shall still eat them.

Dex-chan lover
@Huapollon it's like if Charlotte's web ended with Wilbur eating Charlotte. There's nothing wrong with it from the standpoint of nature, but it would still feel wrong lol

Users who are viewing this thread