Nisekoi: False Love

Best girl won. Fuck you onodera fans for having narrow-minded perspectives. I love onodera but, boy chitoge is a sextillion times better. She's the definition of character development, how a tsundere mellows down, and she got bullied so much by Raku but ended up being his cherished love. This manga just made me realise that sometimes promises are best broken.

AHAHAHAHHAHA author basically said yes they kissed but fuck ya'll I'm still team onodera so we're not gonna show the kiss.

I have mixed feelings about this series. I think with a few changes i would give this a 9/10 but i have to give it a 7. I really really liked it and got super emotional at a bunch of the chapters in this and i really liked it when everything picked up pace in the last 20-40? chapters. I really liked Haru and if i thought it was remotely possible she could have been the one i would have probably rooted for her because she's got the fun adversarial flirty banter that he has with Chitoge while having alot of things in common and she has alot of the good qualities that her sister has which makes her easily the best girl.

Interms of the ending/who gets picked
Chitoge not being the promise girl but being the one he picks was satisfying, i liked the older Onodera but she was too meek for her own good, I feel like there were so many times that even a not perticularly confident person would have gone out on a limb in the story but i understand why it didn't happen. I feel like MC liked her because she was cute and nice to him which isn't a bad reason to like someone but he obviously had better chemsitry with Chitoge. The chitoge choice was pretty obvious, his feelings for onodera were the exact same through the whole thing, where as most of the growth of character/emotions came from his relationship with Chitoge so it makes sense. Also the author was hard implying she would be picked all the time after she went from being someone who he didn't hate to someone he appreciated being around.

In terms of what didn't do it for me, my 2 biggest problems are
1 There is so much dumb harem filler. I feel like you could cut like 50-70 chapters out of this and literally nothing would have changed, there are like 5 chapters that are just MC realizing that he doesn't hate Chitoge that hit like exactly the same beats. I don't usually read harem tho so maybe thats great for other people but when i start a chapter and i already know that the plot is going to be put on hold for it and nothing important or particularly funny/interesting is going to happen i just start skimming for thought bubbles that give plot hints. I felt like obligated to finish it because i liked the charaters enough to just muscle threw but i wouldn't be surprised if someone else would have dropped i
2 The epilogue is so unsatisfying, i dont know why it was necessary at all. It just confirmed what everyone said they wanted to do in the future and showed other characters being happy which like i can assume. I think it felt unnecessary and useless, also them getting married but never having kissed before is the pinnacle of fucking retarded im sorry lol.

anyway this was alot longer than i meant to write but w/e hope you gain some useful insight from this : )

So, many people are complaining about tropes and cliches in the comments, I personally think that it’s unfounded. I won’t deny that the story has many tropes and cliches, and it definitely felt contrived at times, but I don’t think that’s enough to merit the amount of hate people have been giving it.

The ending was conclusive and was oddly satisfying... I do wish it could have spanned a couple more chapters though (and that the Omake was kind of a waste, but whatever I was fine with it lol.) Yes the chapters could have been organized a bit better, personally though looking from the Mangaka’s perspective it could be that he improved over time, which I think is commendable. Or perhaps he found something that gave him better inspiration? Who knows.

The majority of said filler was definitely incredibly enjoyable to read, I found myself smiling all throughout. It also served to show us the happy times between the characters as they enjoy their high school days, so it surprisingly got more out of me than normal “Harem Filler”.

I enjoyed almost all of the characters one way or another, the protagonist was surprisingly less bland than I thought he would be, most of the characters were fleshed out as well.

Readers have spoken about the rapid fire developments happening at the end, but I also kinda liked that. It felt natural to me, and the only real complaint I have about “development” is that they teased a bit too much with specific plot points, only to deliver it almost consequently. I wish it was more of a mystery, and less of a hint, you know?

Overall this was an extremely satisfying read, I even teared up a bit towards the ending and through many of the serious character arcs. Nisekoi definitely has a special place in my heart, even if I picked it up on a whim XD.

Thank you, Naoishi Komi for taking us on this ride of a series!!

It's because the ones being linked here now are official translations by the US publisher on their own website.

One of the themes of the story was letting go of the past, in one of my favorite chapters, Raku decided to give up his past (the amulet) in order to go see the tree light up with onodera, but onodera being the promise girl sort of ruined that theme, one way the author could have done it is by making the moment be with chitoge instead of onodera. The ending sort of keeps this theme, but it would've been better if it had some better build up

Also, the series carried on for WAY to long, like c'mon, sometimes it isnt even funny when you extend the story for another 40 chapters because, "did they say i love you? nah they must've said "i love fish"" (not an exact example but something similar happens in the series and im not re-reading this shitshow of a series)

Also, maybe chitoge was more endearing in the anime 'cause i feel like she lost her personality after she started liking the MC, that became her entire character. Honestly most of of the harem members arent that great of characters after you look past their attraction to the MC.

Double-page supporter
Mediocre manga, went on for way too long, unlikeable characters, repeated jokes, very standard tropes and cliches, predictable ending, a waste of time to read.

Fed-Kun's army
What a horrible story, my disgust is immeasurable.
This was the last romcom I read expecting anything out of it.
I guess the only good thing about reading this manga is realizing that romcom authors have no idea how to write happy endings.

can't believe i forced myself to read this pile of shit, there's never any plot development and it progresses at the most slowest pace until literally the last 4 chapters. read up to ch165 for literally no plot and decided to skip ahead, and it wasnt' that hard to figure out where i was. plot has no relevance, boring ass story, only good thing is the art style

This was fine but yet again I find myself realizing that the best girls are never the main ones. Tsugumi & Marika had way better personalities yet characters like them are always destined to take a side seat to the tsundere and moe ones. Sigh.

i never really liked harems, but i guess this one was fine. there are like 50 filler chapters that were obvious fanservice, but there were a good 70 chapters, that i felt should've been organized beginning, middle and end. loved the ending. (please don't shoot me)
agree

Dex-chan lover
Ending absolutely sucked. Wrong girl wins. She's such an absolute bitch, while Onodera was kind and loving the whole way through.

I hope this series crumbles into dust never to crawl its way out of the septic tank it dug itself into.

OMG I can't believe the MC got with the girl that was foreshadowed and developed across the whole story instead of the one-dimensional doormat who's defining characteristic is being "nice" and had every chance to win but never made her move. Absolutely shocking!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread